Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

seriously sometimes i sit back and wonder what sthe point of life? (if there is no next step or heaven in ur life)

You wake up.. go through the same shit..

IT DOESNT MATTER IF YOUR RICH, POOR, GAY, STRAIGHT when you die NOTHING MATTERS.. wuts the point of trying in life? 75 YEARS IS SO SHORT even if u live longer its still short

i dunno im confused

its all about living for the moment. Sure u have the hard times but u also have the great ones. Like having marriage, having children, first kiss, getting rich, buying a house, and all the other crap one finds enjoyment in.

I mean if life was really just the same shit over and over again i doubt a lot of us will be stickin around for the next day. Why do we go get educations, go to college, go to jobs? Cuz all ur doing is getting ur way to the next happy thing of ur life.

im not sure if there is life after death, but id like to think there is a heaven for all of us, as long as we all live happy, fulfilling and 'good' lives. And if there isnt, fine by me, at least i know i had a hell of a ride when i was livin it up =D

Guest >:(

The point of life is that death is scary and unknown, and you want to die as late as possible.

its all about living for the moment.  Sure u have the hard times but u also have the great ones. Like having marriage, having children, first kiss, getting rich, buying a house, and all the other crap one finds enjoyment in. 

I mean if life was really just the same shit over and over again i doubt a lot of us will be stickin around for the next day.  Why do we go get educations, go to college, go to jobs?  Cuz all ur doing is getting ur way to the next happy thing of ur life. 

im not sure if there is life after death, but id like to think there is a heaven for all of us, as long as we all live happy, fulfilling and 'good' lives. And if there isnt, fine by me, at least i know i had a hell of a ride when i was livin it up =D

Trying to imagine yourself after death is like trying to remember yourself before birth. Kinda pointless. Life itself, however, isn't pointless. You shouldn't look for some kind of divine reward or punishment to justify your life or your actions. That kind of sheit is for weak people. The point is to make this place, where we all are right now, the best you possibly can. If there were a single reason or 'point' to this whole thing, then damn it would kinda suck once we got the job done. What next? That's why I hope there isn't a heaven or hell, cuz it would just suck to be in some finished, completed state forever. Anyway, life is about pain and love and everything else too... which is kinda alot so get to work you lazy git!

I think the major objective in life is to simply help others. When we turn away from focusing on our own needs and desires, and turn our intention on helping other people in need, then our life becomes more full and joyous. The old saying, "it's better to give than recieve" really holds a large amount of truth. And in some small way, we're all doing that buy supporting each other here on this message board. It may seem trivial and unimportant, but your posts of support may mean the world to someone in need.

This is my outlook on things. You can agree or disagree with it, but this isn't a religious debate board, so, I'm not starting a religious debate. tongue.gif

So far, I think Brian has come the closest out of all of you. Life is really about living a righteous life by God. (yeah, yeah, I can hear you all groaning out there. just stick with me, k?) A life without Him is just that- without. A lot of us are living empty lives only day by day, fufilling our own personal desires, and not caring about other people and what the world is here for. Just doing that- life will feel empty and pointless much of the time. Sure there's family, friends, school/job whatever, but there's so much more to life than that! And it's not weak for thinking that there is a heaven and a hell.

What could possibly be weak about wanting to feel no more pain, to always be blissfully happy surrounded by a God and people that love you?

Maybe a lot of you are thinking that since you have acne, it makes you somehow different or cursed. Man, it gets me down a lot too. But let me tell you this- people judge by all the different ethnicities, genders, faces, you name it. God looks down and sees two things: the saved and the unsaved.

It's your choice.

Guest Captain Chaos

Personally I'm terrified of death..

I also can see why you think there's no point to life, there probably isn't, but you might aswell enjoy it while it's around. Sometimes I wonder what I'm here for and what my purpose is, but those are questions you will probably never find the answer to :/

Look upon it as life being a 'gift' - make the most of it smile.gif

ever done cokeand ecstacy together? thats what heaven is like, forever. with no comedown effects. if u make it through life with ur head up high and a positive outlook and being generally good, you will be rewarded.

Johnjoz,

You should read ecclesiastes, your questions remind me of the same one's addressed there about how this life and world is all vanity. People can argue the authenticity of the Bible being the inspired word, however there is a lot of common sense in the Bible worth reading.

This is my outlook on things. You can agree or disagree with it, but this isn't a religious debate board, so, I'm not starting a religious debate. tongue.gif

So far, I think Brian has come the closest out of all of you. Life is really about living a righteous life by God. (yeah, yeah, I can hear you all groaning out there. just stick with me, k?) A life without Him is just that- without. A lot of us are living empty lives only day by day, fufilling our own personal desires, and not caring about other people and what the world is here for. Just doing that- life will feel empty and pointless much of the time. Sure there's family, friends, school/job whatever, but there's so much more to life than that! And it's not weak for thinking that there is a heaven and a hell.

What could possibly be weak about wanting to feel no more pain, to always be blissfully happy surrounded by a God and people that love you?

Maybe a lot of you are thinking that since you have acne, it makes you somehow different or cursed. Man, it gets me down a lot too. But let me tell you this- people judge by all the different ethnicities, genders, faces, you name it. God looks down and sees two things: the saved and the unsaved.

It's your choice.

There is also the theory that when people do come into this (physical)world that they were one with another, so really what emptiness you are feeling, what completion you are looking for is your other half. That's why most, strive for the comfort from God or pointless romantic encounters...no not a  soul mate...so a point in life is to...well....find you.

seriously sometimes i sit back and wonder what sthe point of life? (if there is no next step or heaven in ur life)

You wake up.. go through the same shit..

IT DOESNT MATTER IF YOUR RICH, POOR, GAY, STRAIGHT when you die NOTHING MATTERS.. wuts the point of trying in life? 75 YEARS IS SO SHORT even if u live longer its still short

i dunno im confused

Well, if the whole theory's right, then you've got an eternity to be dead, and less then 100 years to be alive, so why not 'live for the moment'. Enjoy life as much as possible while it's still around because most likely, it won't be back around again.

I belive there is a meaning to life, God loves us that's why he put us here. And If you believe in his teachings and follow what he says and the Bible, then someday you could be with him and live in a peaceful eterenity. The bible holds many answers to happiness, just need to look.  smile.gif