Notifications
Clear all

Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash Or Clean And Clear Foaming Face Wash For Sensitive Skin?

MemberMember
(@multigraincheerios)

Posted : 10/25/2012 11:51 pm

I know that both of these are essentially the same thing, but does one work better than the other? I've been using Cetaphil with no luck but have sensitive skin so decided to give one of these a go.

Which one should I get?

Thanks!

MemberMember
(@eg6947)

Posted : 10/26/2012 9:08 am

I have been facing the problem of trying to find a gentle cleanser for my skin but all my attempts have failed thus far. You can check my recent posts to see how confused I am!

Although I like the feeling of the Purpose cleanser, it contains Sodium Laureth Sulfate and Fragrance!

I do not know about Clean and Clear because I have not tried it.

Good luck.

MemberMember
(@torquemonster)

Posted : 10/27/2012 3:13 am

Check in to Dickinson's Witch Hazel Foaming Face Wash. Very gentle, no irritating SLS, chemicals, etc. I have highly sensitive skin and it has worked well for me for about the last 2 months. I used the Purpose wash for about 7 months and always had issues with small white heads. Pretty sure SLS was the culprit.

MemberMember
(@kathyhathy)

Posted : 10/28/2012 8:25 am

I love Free and Clear. I have dry sensitve skin and have no problems using it 2X/day.

My daughter has oily, sensitive acne-prone skin and she loves it too.

MemberMember
(@aed2712)

Posted : 10/31/2012 10:21 pm

I'm pretty sure they have exactly the same ingredients. One time I looked at both bottles in the store reading the ingredients (yes, I was standing there for quite a while) and they were the same. Maybe they have changed it now though... anyway, I use the clean and clear one (although purpose works the same). The clean and clear one is more for a better price and they are made by the same company, I believe! :P Oh, and just for the record.... I HATE cetaphil cleanser. Breaks me out!

MemberMember
(@exister)

Posted : 10/31/2012 10:37 pm

I haven't washed my face with a cleanser in 8 or 9 months. Tonight I bought Johnson's Head-to-Toe Foaming Wash. I used it once and I'm feeling good about it. I went with the "foaming" because it didn't contain citric acid or one or two other ingredients that the regular stuff did. Plus it's the "#1 choice of hospitals!" rolleyes.gif

MemberMember
(@onlyskindeep)

Posted : 11/11/2012 8:16 am

IMO niether. I'd go with Johnson's baby wash. Same formula as purpose except it's cheaper and you get ALOT more for your money. Again, Only my opinion.

MemberMember
(@boafriend)

Posted : 11/14/2012 4:53 pm

I used Purpose for about half a year and it's really one of the best cleansers I've used. I also gave the Clean & Clear Sensitive Skin Foaming Face Wash a try....it doesn't compare. You have to lather it up in your hands before applying to your face, and the resulting foam is rather weak. With Purpose, on the other hand, you can apply the product directly to your face and foam up with water - the foam is very rich and you can really feel that it cleans thoroughly.