Notifications
Clear all

Large & Inflamed Cystic Pimple, What Should I Do? (With Pics)

MemberMember
(@skinfreak1)

Posted : 10/25/2012 10:51 pm

I've had this cystic pimple on my cheek for around a month now. I usually have clear skin, but when I break out I break out bad.

It started as a painful lump and, according to human nature, I squeezed and picked at it. About a week later, it got infected and I had a staff infection. I went to urgent care to take get a shot and topical cream to get rid of the infanigo. As soon it was gone, the cyst was still there.

It's about 1 1/2 inches in diameter, with blood patches, and what seems to be puss pockets. I have been urging my parents to take me somewhere to get it looked at, but they said they can't do anything about it... All dermatologists in my area are booked and I would have to wait another month just to go get an appointment.

I've tried everything. From hot compresses, to face wipes, to topical acne medications (like clearasil). However, it won't go away. Nothing has changed what-so-ever.

What should I do? Is there anyway I can get into a dermatologist sooner? Can I go into an urgent care facility and get it looked at? Will they even be able to do anything about it? I'm getting desperate now, and I've been covering it up with makeup lately (I'm a guy) because it looks so bloody and gross.

People don't know what it is, so they ask me. It's extremely embarrassing to answer. One day I was so embarrassed, I sat in a bathroom stall at lunch because I wanted to avoid all the questions.

Please help, I need to get rid of this ASAP.

post-187507-0-04564400-1351224089_thumb.

post-187507-0-04564400-1351224089_thumb.

MemberMember
(@goldlilies)

Posted : 10/26/2012 7:29 am

Yes, definitely go to just an Urgent Care facility and see what they say. In my experience, the doctors at Urgent Care facilities are, ironically, much more helpful when it comes to acne because they have a really realistic approach to things. They won't beat around the bush with you. Good luck!

MemberMember
(@skinfreak1)

Posted : 10/28/2012 3:14 pm

Thanks for the reply! I went to an Urgent Care facility, and they said they couldn't do anything about it. They said that it was probably a broken blood vessel under the skin, it's bruised. They said if the problem insisted, that I should go to a dermatologist.

I called around, and explained my problem to local dermatologists, and they got me in sooner than I thought! Tuesday.