Notifications
Clear all

Hello, Depressed And Need Some Help

MemberMember
(@soshi24)

Posted : 10/25/2012 10:21 pm

I have had acne for a year now and suddenly last week my face has become dry and itchy. I have the urge to constantly itch my face all day now. I'm pretty sure that it is eczema because my cheeks are both inflamed and red. My cheeks were oozing out pus last night after I tried using Ponds dry skin cream. I really need help and if somebody could offer me some suggestions or possible treatments until I go to a doctor I would really appreciate it.

MemberMember
(@shandon5)

Posted : 10/25/2012 11:12 pm

Hi there..I recommend Cetaphil Moisturizing cream b/c of the high humectant factor in it...high water content..works great

MemberMember
(@aballarina)

Posted : 11/03/2012 4:48 pm

Could also be either perioral dermatitis or a fungal infection. Or rosecea. Try some natural things.. Apple cidar vinegar helps or organic yogurt.. Have you been using any products lately? Sometimes products irritate your skin and cause these problems

MemberMember
(@ind1g0)

Posted : 11/03/2012 5:20 pm

Sounds fungal- many mistake their acne for sometimg parasitic it's very common. I recommend manuka honey, tea tree oil, or like the other person said apple cider vinegar.

MemberMember
(@itsnoteasybeinggreen)

Posted : 11/04/2012 9:56 pm

It could be an allergic reaction to an ingredient in a product your using. After more then a year of itchy red bumps and acne I discovered (with a doctors help) that I'm allergic to salicylic acid. Try testing the products you have been using on the inside of your arm wait a while see if you get any redness or bumps. There are many ingredients in skin care products that can cause a reaction in certain people.

Also wash your face with just water for two days twice a day, see if it goes away. Maybe use a tiny bit of hydrocortisone on a spot, see if that clears it up. I learned the hard way, less is more when trying to figure this out.

MemberMember
(@skintuition)

Posted : 11/04/2012 10:09 pm

Definitely go to the derm. Sounds like you have really sensitive, irritated skin. I recommend cerave products they're some of the least irritating products I've used. But definitely go to your derm

MemberMember
(@soshi24)

Posted : 11/05/2012 2:45 am

Thank you for your responses and I wanted to post an update.

I went to the doctor and he gave me Triamcinolone Acetonide Cream, minocycline, and clindamycin ph gel. After a few days of using these products my face has become less dry. There is no more flakiness and the rashes on my face have gone away but I believe the Triamcinolone cream has made my face very thin and has make my acne scars more dark. I also went to a derm for the first time. He didn't really say or check anything but he said I may have a yeast/fungal infection and prescribed me Ketoconazole but I have yet to use it since I heard that it can cause liver damage. He then advised me to do a vascular laser treatment for my acne and so I did that. He said that it is going to make my acne look worse at first for maybe a week. It has been two days since I went to the derm and my acne doesn't look to bad but I have stopped using the Triamcinolone cream and my face is turning a little bit itchy now but now as bad as before.

If anyone has experience with any of the medications or the vascular treatment that I received I would appreciate any input and advice.

MemberMember
(@soshi24)

Posted : 11/18/2012 3:54 am

I just wanted to post another update and see if I could get any feedback. My acne scars didn't fade much from the vascular treatment yet but its not as bad as before. I have been getting dandruff recently and my scalp has been really itchy as well as my face. I think that it may be Seborrheic dermatitis but thats just my guess. I am still using the clindamycin gel and I am also using Cerave moisturizing cream for my face. Even with the moisturizer on my face is still a little bit itchy. if you guys have any feedback I would very much appreciate it.

MemberMember
(@aballarina)

Posted : 11/18/2012 8:10 pm

Try head n shoulders shampoo, a lot of sebhoric dermatitus sufferers like that. If you notice an improvement it might be that but I'd deffinetely go to the derm. Sadly all skin problems requIre differnent treatments and the wrong ones can make it worse. I'd just do as less as possible n go see your derm

MemberMember
(@audreyjade)

Posted : 11/18/2012 8:59 pm

Neutrogena T-Gel is great for dandruff. You only need to use it once or twice a week. Clear shampoo is also really great and smells nice :)

Good luck, I'm hoping things start getting better. Itchy acne really sucks! I've been there.