Notifications
Clear all

Treatment For Rolling Scars/scarred Pores On Forehead (Pics Included)

MemberMember
(@matterofwhen325)

Posted : 10/25/2012 4:45 pm

Well, I'm fairly depressed right now after taking these close-up/awful lighting pictures just now of my forehead...but I'm hopeful in doing so, someone can point me in the right direction treatment-wise.

Alas, I've tried so many different options e.g. dermastamp, v-beam, erbium laser, chemical peels, countless creams, and so on...and yet I still can't find a solution.

Anybody with similiar scarring or any ideas as to improve my skin? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Here are the pictures:

(Close-up and with the harshest lighting possible) -

20121025_164115.jpg

20121025_164228.jpg

(Not so distgustingly close and regular lighting..I look fairly normal!)

20121025_172624.jpg

20121025_170654.jpg

MemberMember
(@abybar)

Posted : 10/25/2012 4:52 pm

hey me and you have the same forehead. Large pores and ice pick scars. Its not the bad from a distance like you said but it does bother me. Dont worry about it your still good looking so dont stress about it. I try not too but i guess sometimes it can bother me. Like i said, its not a big deal, i doubt anything could treat it tho. Ive tried, laser, derma roller and nothing.

MemberMember
(@murph89)

Posted : 10/25/2012 4:57 pm

Dude I see nothing wrong with your skin.

MemberMember
(@matterofwhen325)

Posted : 10/25/2012 5:13 pm

hey me and you have the same forehead. Large pores and ice pick scars. Its not the bad from a distance like you said but it does bother me. Dont worry about it your still good looking so dont stress about it. I try not too but i guess sometimes it can bother me. Like i said, its not a big deal, i doubt anything could treat it tho. Ive tried, laser, derma roller and nothing.

Man, I try not to let it bother me and sometimes it doesn't...but seeing it up close in the mirror gets me down.

I mean there's got to be something that can improve it.

I wish you were right.

MemberMember
(@miss-soloist)

Posted : 10/25/2012 5:13 pm

You're kidding me right?! I can't see anything wrong with your skin. In fact it looks perfect and really healthy. No one in the world would notice it, it fact I'm still struggling to see what's wrong! Really I am!

MemberMember
(@abybar)

Posted : 10/25/2012 6:18 pm

Man, I try not to let it bother me and sometimes it doesn't...but seeing it up close in the mirror gets me down.

I mean there's got to be something that can improve it.

I wish you were right.

Like i told you the forehead issue is so minimal you shouldn't really worry about it. But hey dont give up you may find something worth treating it and if you do pass it on to me :) 🙂

Chin up high !!!!

MemberMember
(@foreverandpatience)

Posted : 10/25/2012 9:35 pm

It honestly doesn't look like starring to me. It almost looks as though you just have a bunch of millia or closed comedones or whatever they're called. If I were you, I wouldn't consider anything too invasive. But seeing a dermatologist that can have an expert opinion is always the best way to go about any treatment.

Scarring*

MemberMember
(@coppedsynergy999)

Posted : 10/26/2012 12:00 am

Dude. I hope your doing this for an ego boost. Of course you are. "If only I could have the skin I wanted I could rule the freaking world." Dude. Get real. Grow a sack. Your skin is perfect. I mean It looks airbrushed perfect. Get out of town. Go buy a real problem. I hear they are selling them downtown.

MemberMember
(@awesomenesssquared)

Posted : 10/26/2012 12:05 am

posts like these make me sad...

sad for the person posting with perfect skin thinking they have issues

and sad for the people with ACTUAL scarring who see a person with amazing skin complaining about nothing and then feeling like shit afterwards about their own skin(myself included).

MemberMember
(@matterofwhen325)

Posted : 10/26/2012 1:30 am

Dude. I hope your doing this for an ego boost. Of course you are. "If only I could have the skin I wanted I could rule the freaking world." Dude. Get real. Grow a sack. Your skin is perfect. I mean It looks airbrushed perfect. Get out of town. Go buy a real problem. I hear they are selling them downtown.

Buy a real problem? Ego boost?

Listen, I'm well aware that the severity of my skin issues may not be comparable to some on this website. I understand that.

I feel so much pain for anybody who has to deal with acne scarring of varying austerity, shape, and size...do you know why? Because regardless of whether someone else thinks it looks bad or not, it's the very person who's dealing with it that has to look in the mirror and be unhappy.

To make an assumption that I would do this for an ego boost is mind-boggling, b/c if I truly had this perfect skin some of you are claiming, I would never have ventured onto this website in the first place. I've been a member since '09, so this clearly isn't my first rodeo.

Now, I can understand the frustration in feeling that someone shouldn't be on this board complaining about an issue that you consider to be much less significant (or by your words non-existent) than your own...but to tell me to "go buy a real problem" when this is something that does affect me negatively (whether you agree with it or not) is simply unneccessary.

MemberMember
(@coppedsynergy999)

Posted : 10/26/2012 1:38 am

Listen, I'm well aware that the severity of my skin issues may not be comparable to some on this website. I understand that.

I feel so much pain for anybody who has to deal with acne scarring of varying austerity, shape, and size...do you know why? Because regardless of whether someone else thinks it looks bad or not, it's the very person who's dealing with it that has to look in the mirror and be unhappy.

To make an assumption that I would do this for an ego boost is mind-boggling, b/c if I truly had this perfect skin some of you are claiming, I would never have ventured onto this website in the first place. I've been a member since '09, so this clearly isn't my first rodeo.

Now, I can understand the frustration in feeling that someone shouldn't be on this board complaining about an issue that you consider to be much less significant (or by your words non-existent) than your own...but to tell me to "go buy a real problem" when this is something that does affect me negatively (whether you agree with it or not) is simply unneccessary.

Look. You need to stop making a problem out of nothing. Problems with your skin and problems on the board. I said I thought your skin looked perfect ok. Is that not possibly the best compliment you could recieve on a scarring mesage board?? How am i supposed to know you didnt do this for an ego boost. I dont even know who you are. All of the comments I made should be a relief to you brother. Im telling you you look fine. Maybe the people you surround yourself with are not giving you enough support and you are not giving yourself enough positive affirmation. The problem is emotional/psychological.

MemberMember
(@matterofwhen325)

Posted : 10/26/2012 1:50 am

Look. You need to stop making a problem out of nothing. Problems with your skin and problems on the board. I said I thought your skin looked perfect ok. Is that not possibly the best compliment you could recieve on a scarring mesage board?? How am i supposed to know you didnt do this for an ego boost. I dont even know who you are. All of the comments I made should be a relief to you brother. Im telling you you look fine. Maybe the people you surround yourself with are not giving you enough support and you are not giving yourself enough positive affirmation. The problem is emotional/psychological.

It does feel good to hear someone say that it looks fine...it really does. But in the same vein, I still see what I see in the mirror and what I see in those first two pictures.

Yeah, in retrospect that "P.S." was a bit much, I had just looked at my skin at the worst possible angle and lighting so I was naturally a bit unhappy, but the bottom line is that I'm looking to improve my skin. If only slight improvement is necessary, that's fantastic...I just want to feel as good about it as I can. Period. As I assume is the case with virtually everyone on this message board.

MemberMember
(@austra)

Posted : 10/26/2012 4:16 am

This is normal forehead skin. Buy retina-a or something like that, if you want to improve your texture, but honestly you have normal skin. Please stop obsessing over it, this is a problem in your head and not an actual cosmetic issue.

MemberMember
(@tokyogirl)

Posted : 10/26/2012 5:48 am

Your forehead is normal. Stop being so hard on yourself! Don't look so closely at your skin in the mirror either!

Seriously, how many people are going to zoom into your forehead like you're doing in your top two photos and examine the texture of your skin?

MemberMember
(@saulodetarso)

Posted : 10/26/2012 8:40 am

dude, you must be kidding

MemberMember
(@tricia)

Posted : 10/26/2012 10:44 am

Does your forehead look worse after all the lasers, peels and dermarolling? I ask because my forehead looks similar even though I've never had bad acne on it. I think it has just been over-exfoliation that thins the skin there. I actually wouldn't use retinoids or anything that will exfoliate, just use natural things that will help it thicken but doesn't clog pores, maybe some type of rosehip oil cream.

Saying all that my forehead doesn't bother me at all because I have REAL problems on my cheeks. Now maybe if I didn't have the real problems, I would start obsessing over tiny things, because I am naturally a bit obsessive too. Sometimes having acne will make you obsessive where you keep looking at your skin close up and feeling bad about it. But you are a guy, and I think guys should not have porcelain skin. If anyone looks at you as close as that camera shot, you should slap them (this is what my husband told me when I tried to get him to look at my skin close up) LOL

MemberMember
(@pumpkin21)

Posted : 10/26/2012 11:41 am

i think you may need to see someone else aside from a dermatologist!!!

MemberMember
(@a-p)

Posted : 10/30/2012 1:40 pm

Looks more like closed comedones rather than scarring.

I can suggest derma rolling at home with a 0.5 mm roller. Roll forehead, apply a mixture of fruit fresh and glycerin, roll again and let the fruit fresh stay on your skin for 20-30 mins. Wash off with warm water then go about your normal regimen.

If that doesn't work then I dunno :/ your already tried so much.