Notifications
Clear all

Not Excited For Winter

MemberMember
(@sacredsmoke)

Posted : 10/25/2012 3:00 pm

every year when it starts to get cold my skin gets pissed off and rosy and just not cooperative with makeup or anything really. does this happen to anyone else? it's so weird and it hate it!

MemberMember
(@poi6)

Posted : 10/25/2012 3:27 pm

Winter is better for most peoples acne though

MemberMember
(@murph89)

Posted : 10/25/2012 5:01 pm

Im actually looking forward to winter. First time ill ever experience the snow where im living! WOO!

MemberMember
(@randall-flagg)

Posted : 10/25/2012 6:06 pm

Strangely winter is usually a calm time for my skin. I get more active stuff during the summer.

MemberMember
(@clambak3)

Posted : 10/25/2012 7:11 pm

When I get sick (happens more often in the winter of course) my skin reacts badly but I can see what you mean by red and probably dry skin too.

Just use non-irritating products and be good to yourself and your skin and you'll be fine. Plus there's less going on and if you do have a bad skin day you can just relax and read a book or watch a movie alone at home. :P That's what I love about winter.

MemberMember
(@o-havoc-o)

Posted : 10/26/2012 4:18 am

Interesting.

As above my acne is much easier to control in winter.

Just to try have fun, xmas is coming up, spend this time with family and friends and forget about acne for a little bit.

We as sufferers spend most of the year treating it, finding the root cause, changing diet, and dealing with the mental probs it can cause. In a phrase have a day off. You'll be fine. :)

MemberMember
(@thorson)

Posted : 10/26/2012 8:28 pm

You're totally not alone. The cold weather is TERRIBLE for my skin .. I'm really pale and my pink marks show up super stark when the temp drops. My face, especially my nose and around my mouth, get really really pink .. not a great look. In general I tend to get more acne and my skin gets so so dry. Summer is the best for me, even though it's terribly hot here in Texas and I work outside, it seems to make my skin look better.

I've found some really good moisturizer though so hopefully the dry skin will not be so bad this year.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 11/03/2012 8:33 pm

omg as soon as the temp starts dropping (like now) my skin just keeps getting worse and worse..

summer is the best time for my skin i dont know why maybe like the sun and humidity or something i donno but when it gets cold my skin gets dry and red and nasty life is so unfair wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

MemberMember
(@adhpn7)

Posted : 11/04/2012 12:26 pm

yes!! my skin gets sooo gross... it becomes really red and dirty looking. Plus the feeling of my skin get's all clogged feeling.. it's really hard to describe, but summer is def. better for my skin

ps: sacredsmoke, i love your avatar LOL

MemberMember
(@ilovemesomevanity)

Posted : 11/04/2012 2:27 pm

winter doesnt exist in southern california

MemberMember
(@megno)

Posted : 11/23/2012 3:28 am

Hells no! My skin gets waaay worse in the winter. I know most people break out more during the summer due to sweat, increase oil production, larger pores (humidity) etc. but not me. The difference for me is lifestyle. During the winter, I'm really stressed out, don't sleep enough and eat a poor diet because of school. Friggin' school. Plus I feel really uncomfortable around most of my classmates, besides my close friends. However, summer is a different story. Happy times! Most of my closest friends who I feel myself around don't go to my school, but live close by so I'm always with them during the summer. Less stress + more sleep + feeling comfortable/confident + better diet + being outdoors = good skin. Not perfect, because I do break out during the summer (I have naturally REALLY oily skin anyway), but it's much better. And to the point where I don't even bother wearing makeup because I feel comfortable around my friends. I also have a weird theory that sunlight helps my acne. I've read somewhere that the suns rays kill bacteria. I'm always at the beach too, I feel like the salt water helps. Just counting down the days until summer

MemberMember
(@elsewhere)

Posted : 11/23/2012 9:25 am

I despise winter. My depression deepens to the worst it will be all year (cold and lack of sunlight are not my friends). I find even getting out of bed difficult. I fight not to sleep 14 hours a day. Showering becomes a struggle. I rarely leave the house. And my skin goes nuts. Summer is worse for the actual zits, but winter dries out my skin so much that it flakes for months. I can use foundation in the summer, but with the flaking in the winter, it makes keeping an even layer of makeup hard. Mad frustrating.

MemberMember
(@bmariewantsnoacne)

Posted : 11/23/2012 7:26 pm

My acne gets worse in the winter due to stress, and my skin gets super dry. I'm really dreading this winter, simply because of Accutane! :/

MemberMember
(@ghostunit)

Posted : 11/24/2012 1:36 am

My skin is better in the winter ! It is more smooth and I don't break out much. I do like winter ^^

Hells no! My skin gets waaay worse in the winter. I know most people break out more during the summer due to sweat, increase oil production, larger pores (humidity) etc. but not me. The difference for me is lifestyle. During the winter, I'm really stressed out, don't sleep enough and eat a poor diet because of school. Friggin' school. Plus I feel really uncomfortable around most of my classmates, besides my close friends. However, summer is a different story. Happy times! Most of my closest friends who I feel myself around don't go to my school, but live close by so I'm always with them during the summer. Less stress + more sleep + feeling comfortable/confident + better diet + being outdoors = good skin. Not perfect, because I do break out during the summer (I have naturally REALLY oily skin anyway), but it's much better. And to the point where I don't even bother wearing makeup because I feel comfortable around my friends. I also have a weird theory that sunlight helps my acne. I've read somewhere that the suns rays kill bacteria. I'm always at the beach too, I feel like the salt water helps. Just counting down the days until summer

MemberMember
(@carp351)

Posted : 12/02/2012 5:06 am

What county?

MemberMember
(@ilovemesomevanity)

Posted : 12/02/2012 2:33 pm

What county?

orange