Notifications
Clear all

Is This A Scar?

MemberMember
(@dc-girl-3)

Posted : 10/24/2012 10:27 pm

Can anyone who has had a long term cyst talk help me out here........I had one that started almost 2 months ago and have had it injected 3 times with cortisone and it won't go away and now it's firm too. I can feel the "sac" in there but when poked there isn't any puss, it's just blood that comes out. It's deflated it a bit since the cortisone shots but I'm still completely distraught because it's ruined my face.

It's pulling the skin in around it so I have 2 dent like scars in my face above and below it and I'm worried the longer it sits here the worse the damage will be. My derm said he could inject it again with cortisone again after another month goes by but I know that cortisone inhibits healing so I don't know if I should do that again. I'm afraid too much cortisione will inhibit collegen growth and I'll be left with a bunch of atrophy there. I'm guessing that even if it takes the lump down the "sac" will still be there pulling the skin down around it.

What do I do?

My derm thought is had turned into scar tissue because the "sac" felt firm.

Do I have to get surgery to get the sac out? Has anyone ever had this where it finally healed and went away on its own?

I've been applying castor oil packs and heat to it and that seems to help and every morning it looks better but later on in the day it seems to be more swollen again.

I really want it to just heal though. I've read several stories about castor oil over several weeks healing stuff; I'm just not sure if I'm making any progress or not with my current treatment.

Please anyone who has experience post what to do. Surgery?

Should I try and needle the sac myself? I'm about to do that because I know surgery will leave a scar and I honestly almost trust myself more with a needle than a surgeon at this point. Plus I'm getting so desperate for this thing to be done.

Has anyone had a cyst/bump that never went away, not poppable and not infected, just sore and raised with a "sac" in the middle like this?

MemberMember
(@dc-girl-3)

Posted : 10/25/2012 4:25 pm

Ok, well saw 2 different derms today.

One told me it was a hypertrophic scar but that it was an "active scar" then said I needed to get on antibiotiocs both internal and topical for a month.

I don't understand this; has anyone taken antibiotics to shrink scar tissue before? I think she must really thought it was infected for me to need antibiotics and that's what she meant by "active scar"

The 2nd derm put my on antibiotics as well, I'm taking minocyline twice a day for a week and she thinks I will see some improvement. It does hurt quite a bit when pushed on so this makes my think it is infected/inflammed.

Has anyone gotten a cyst to shrink in a week from antibiotics before?

Thanks for anyone's help!