Accutane Virgin

MemberMember
(@saulrod)

Posted : 10/24/2012 10:22 pm

So I finally been put on accutane neutral.gif

I literally have tried everything. You name it and I've tried it.My doctor referred me to a dermatologist who by the way is a total female dog. She absolutely did not care and wanted me out of her office as soon as possible -__-. She wanted to prescribe me 80 mg per day (I'm 5"11 weigh 170 eusa_liar.gif eusa_liar.gif eusa_liar.gif ok ok 179 lbs) and i know it makes sense but I did not want to start with a high dose cause I was scare. I'm also paying for accutane out of my pocket but I only pay 190 bucks for a month supply of 40 mgs so its not that bad. I get it at costco its the cheapest. Anyways been on accutane 40mgs once a day for 3 days and so far I been breaking out but nothing unusual I don't even thinks its the IB yet. I use carmax for my lips, cetaphil cream for my face, ceravu lotion for my body, and take vitamin c to help my wounds to heal faster. I'm excited but man I hope my IB is not that bad cause my face already looks like shit. Well I will keep you guys updated if your interested. Next month if all goes well I will bump up to 80 mgs a day but right now I want my body to adjust to this staff. Good luck everybody and lets make this happen. eusa_pray.gif

MemberMember
(@poptartie)

Posted : 10/25/2012 8:27 am

Welcome bro.

Soccer eh? Me too. Well, I used to play everyday, all year long, indoor and outdoor, until both of my knees decided to dislocate OVER AND OVER AGAIN.angry.png Had to quit. Saddest day of my life. I was pretty good too. cry.gif

ANYHOO....I wanted to wish you luck. I am a little more than half way through my treatment and I couldn't be happier. You can read my log if you want (exciting stuff, let me tell you mellow.png ) If you need any tips or have any questions, drop me a message. If your derm is a bitch, why don't you find a new one? I love my derm....he is so awesome and it has made a huge difference in my attitude about this whole experience.

The shitty thing about being bumped up when you are paying for it out of pocket is that the cost will double! My mom had to pay over $700 for a one month supply (I take 2- 30mg tabs a day) God love her for willing to pay that.

But I have to say, even she says it's worth it. I hope you have the same success that I have had so far!

Good luck!!

~Celia

MemberMember
(@saulrod)

Posted : 10/25/2012 8:44 pm

Welcome bro.

Soccer eh? Me too. Well, I used to play everyday, all year long, indoor and outdoor, until both of my knees decided to dislocate OVER AND OVER AGAIN.angry.png Had to quit. Saddest day of my life. I was pretty good too. cry.gif

ANYHOO....I wanted to wish you luck. I am a little more than half way through my treatment and I couldn't be happier. You can read my log if you want (exciting stuff, let me tell you mellow.png ) If you need any tips or have any questions, drop me a message. If your derm is a bitch, why don't you find a new one? I love my derm....he is so awesome and it has made a huge difference in my attitude about this whole experience.

The shitty thing about being bumped up when you are paying for it out of pocket is that the cost will double! My mom had to pay over $700 for a one month supply (I take 2- 30mg tabs a day) God love her for willing to pay that.

But I have to say, even she says it's worth it. I hope you have the same success that I have had so far!

Good luck!!

~Celia

Hey Celia, thank you for the warm welcome. Well the reason I'm keeping my derm is because it takes forever to get seem by another and she already prescribed me the medication so might as well stay. I'm still going to go see my regular doctor tho so we can do blood tests and talk about how my treatment is going so far. I will look at your log right now and sounds like you are doing good. when did you start seeing results. Also my face is peeling and its only day 4 for me :( no bueno.

Day 5-

Still breaking out but I still don't think is the IB because i only been on accutane for 4-5 days. Today my face started feeling irritated and skin started to peel off. I was on the sun for like 5 minutes no joke. I know your face is sensitive to the sun but I did not think it was that sensitive. My face is itchy and it burns around my nose and mouth. My scalp is also really itchy its pissing me off. I have like two pimples the size of a quearter right next to each other and it seems like theres more growing next to or around them, really pissing me off. Yea I think the accutane side effects are finally kicking in.. haha

I'm using aloa vera for the irritated peeling face, anyone got any suggestions or tips? Man 4 days down and don't know how many more to go. Gotta stay positive. Hope I see results soon haeusa_pray.gif

Welcome bro.

Good luck!!

~Celia

Almost forgot, I'm sorry about your knees, that's a real bummer. Hope they get better so you can get back in the field :) Go Real Madrid lol

MemberMember
(@poptartie)

Posted : 10/26/2012 9:54 am

Hey thanks...They won't get better though, I'm anatomically defective :( haha. Even surgery would only have a 50% chance of success. Oh well.... No more soccer for me. But yea, Cristiano Ronaldo wub.png

Don't know why you are so dry already. You aren't still using any topicals are you? I like cetaphil (I use the cleanser) but I use CereVe moisturizing cream (in the tub). Don't know if that would help. I started to see results around the end of month 2 I think. The first couple of months my skin was just really wonkey...doing really strange things. I feel lucky, no bad IB, not flakey or too dry. Lips kinda suck but they are manageable. I was able to be in the sun without too much problem. Sunscreen of course.

MemberMember
(@saulrod)

Posted : 10/26/2012 8:24 pm

Hey thanks...They won't get better though, I'm anatomically defective sad.png haha. Even surgery would only have a 50% chance of success. Oh well.... No more soccer for me. But yea, Cristiano Ronaldo wub.png

Don't know why you are so dry already. You aren't still using any topicals are you? I like cetaphil (I use the cleanser) but I use CereVe moisturizing cream (in the tub). Don't know if that would help. I started to see results around the end of month 2 I think. The first couple of months my skin was just really wonkey...doing really strange things. I feel lucky, no bad IB, not flakey or too dry. Lips kinda suck but they are manageable. I was able to be in the sun without too much problem. Sunscreen of course.

Oh man that sucks.. hope your knees get better over time.rolleyes.gif

Today was horrible, my skin is been peeling since yesterday and no I'm not using any topical only a purpose cleanser and lots of cetaphil cream on my face but thats it. My face feel so itchhhhhhy really uncomfortable especially around my nose I don't know what to do. I also have a super itchy scalp and lots of flaking happening in my hair and its barely day 6 guys :(.. My face is still breaking out but I think its from the acne before accutane. Man the itching around my face and body is really bothering my guys :( any suggestions please?

MemberMember
(@saulrod)

Posted : 10/27/2012 9:58 pm

Day 7 on 40 mg once a day

Well I started to break out so I'm guessing I'm experiencing the Initial Breakout?? perhaps.... My face is so sensitive, its peeling, flaky, and the worst part is that it itches -__- ... I been using so much moisturizer to combat the peeling and flakiness its so annoying... Back to my breakouts.. god they hurt so much, every pimple i have hurts in its on way especially the ones around my mouth and nose.. I try not to think about my acne but everytime I make a facial expression it hurts so its hard not to think about it. My lips are not that bad i been using carmex and aquaphor. Yesterday my face felt so uncomfortable, it was itchy, peeling, flaky and so irritated I put aquaphor ointment all over my face before bed. I woke up feeling a bit better but not by much.. Guys I'm starting to hate being on accutane and I barely in week 1.. cry.gif

MemberMember
(@saulrod)

Posted : 10/29/2012 10:13 pm

Day 8 I think

Well my face has began to break out more often now. A lot was acne prior to acne who i thought it healed but it came back alive haha other than that just lips are a little dry but nothing bad. I have notice my face is more red. I was thinking there is no way i'm avoiding the IB. One reason is im starting with 40 mgs so that's high and hard to avoid a IB. Second I was on antibiotics for years until the day I started using accutane so my face is going to freak out after being off the antibiotic. Yuppp I alread ystarted breaking out so hopefully is not tooooooo bad. Cross your fingers eusa_shhh.gif The way I look at it is that I'm one day close r to clearer skin smile.png

MemberMember
(@saulrod)

Posted : 10/31/2012 9:32 pm

Day 11

So my face has broken out pretty bad especially on my chin, neck, and forehead. I normally would not break out in my forehead but since I started accutane i have had a little over 7 big pimplesangry.png .. My cheeks are pretty bad from prior acne so my face overall is shit.. I can live looking like a monster but the thing that pisses me off is my face peeling off and being so irritated/itchy. I have major flaking and peeling today when I was at work. I work at a office and when i went to the restroom and saw my face peeling, flaky and red as a tomato that really pissed me off. Moisturizing wont help ( I use ceravu and cetaphil).. its so annoying i must admit. Well other than that my lips are getting dryer and dryer. Haven't really had any other side effects. No headaches or joint or back pain so I'm thrilled that has not happen to me. Oh yea I have dry eyes. Well I'm going continue to take it one day at a time. Yup yup one day closer to clearer skin.. Good luck everyone banana.gif

MemberMember
(@saulrod)

Posted : 11/02/2012 8:53 pm

Day 13

Pimple, Pimples, and even more Pimples. Been breaking out for over a week now. I gotten some cyst that becomes a whitehead pretty fast. My face is red as a tommorow and is peeling/flaky everywhere. Today even my ears are peeling. Lips are not chapped yet and haven't really notice any other side effects. I'm on 40 mg a day moving to 80 for the next 5 months. Well so far no improvements, face is actually way way worse. But gotta stay positive. I will end by saying that I'm one day closer to clearer skin. smile.png

MemberMember
(@poptartie)

Posted : 11/03/2012 4:25 am

Stay positive! After you start the second month and your body has a chance to adjust to the increase you will hopefully see some improvement. Be sure to discuss with your derm the extent of your itchy dry skin. He (she) can probably give you the best options. It does seem odd that your face is so dry but your lips are not.

Anyhow, hang in there!

MemberMember
(@saulrod)

Posted : 11/03/2012 3:32 pm

Stay positive! After you start the second month and your body has a chance to adjust to the increase you will hopefully see some improvement. Be sure to discuss with your derm the extent of your itchy dry skin. He (she) can probably give you the best options. It does seem odd that your face is so dry but your lips are not.

Anyhow, hang in there!

Hey... Yea hopefully when I switch to 80 my face will start clearing up.. Well my face does not feel dry it just feels itchy at times.. I have dry lips but there are not chapped because I use a lot of carmex and equaphor. But the only thing that I do have is my face keeps peeling even my ears, its quite annoying and embarrassing when I'm at work and my face is full of peeling skin and flakes.. grrrrr

MemberMember
(@saulrod)

Posted : 11/04/2012 11:25 pm

Day 15..

Yup Yup.. Spoke to soon. My lips are dry as **** but thankfully are not peeling. I been breaking out horribly all over my face. I also been getting big painful cystic pimples and it's barely week 1. Very frustrating I must say. I also been getting painful pimple like on my lip that make it look like I have herpes and shit. hahaha Very attractive I must say haha oh man accutane has suck so far.. not going to lie...Side effects flaky peeling skin like always.... But gotta stay positive.. Hopefully it pays off in a few months... One day closer to clearer skin... eusa_pray.gif

MemberMember
(@saulrod)

Posted : 11/06/2012 11:18 pm

Day 17..

I been getting some nasty cystic acne the size of a penny on my cheeks, back, and neck. It was rare when I use to get those kind of pimples. My face has gone through the worst breakout in years in the past week and a half. I'm guessing its the Initial Breakout. Man it's going to be a rough next couple of weeks. The good thing is that I'm so busy at work that time fly's by.

Side-effects:

Flaky/Peeling Skin

Fatigue

Tiredness

Dry Eyes (which bothers me the most)

Red face whistling.gif

Huge Pimples

Hope things start clearing up soon. Day 17 is done which means I'm one day closer to clearer skin :)

MemberMember
(@saulrod)

Posted : 11/09/2012 10:08 pm

Day 20...

In case anyone actually is reading this -__-

Still breaking out pretty bad. Actually it has gotten a lot worst. Been breaking out in areas I never use to get pimples. I been getting big cyst but they dont hurt there just big and ugly but don't hurt. My face 100 times worst than when I started. I think I been experiencing the IB for the past 2 weeks. Hope it calms down a bit....

-Dry/Peeling Face

-Dry lips but not chapped

- Fatigue

- Red Face hahah

It's almost the end of week 3 and my face is worst than ever. But at the same time I know its the medication making me break out this bad. I had my blood test yesterday hope they come out ok since I fast the whole damn day and ate salads for the entire week hahaha. With all this said I'm one day closer to clearer skin :)

MemberMember
(@saulrod)

Posted : 11/12/2012 9:49 pm

Week 4 Day 2

SOOO0000ooo.... Still breaking out BUT it seems less severe than the past 3 weeks. Man the past 3 weeks have been horrible, I'm guessing I was experiencing the Initial Breakout. Don't get me wrong my face still looks like shit hahahha.. Let's see if my face will start improving.

Side Effects:

- RED MARKS :(

- Flaky/Peeling face

- Dry Eyes

- Dry Body

- Dry lips

- Fatigue (I wanna nap all the time)

But there very tolerable. Thankfully I have not experience any bad side effects. Well its a journey and I gotta stay positive. Hopefully when my dosage goes up next week to 80mgs my face will start clearing up for good. I'll finish by saying that I'm one day closer to clearer skin. Good luck everybody stay positive. :)

MemberMember
(@puffnoodles)

Posted : 11/12/2012 11:12 pm

i'm a little bit ahead of you in terms of accutane (just started the second month) and i'm experiencing exactly what you're experiencing. glad to know someone else is in the same journey with me. i underestimated the fatigue that came with acne. i go to uni and i nap so much more now since i just get so tired after class. i was 40mg first month and am now 80mg

MemberMember
(@kiesh)

Posted : 11/12/2012 11:58 pm

Im on 40mg twice a day. I have been using it for 3wks now. I broke out bad week one but now I feel so great! It works.. Glory to God! I have been through this for more than 10yrs! The side effects i have had this far are: Dry itchy skin peeling lips, back pain, trouble sleeping. I take benadryl for those nights. I use Dials antibacterial soap (the white bar). Then i use Witch Hazel (dickinsons) and Eucerin face lotion (small amounts on dry areas) for little bumps i use Clearsil adult cream (that stuff is awesome)

MemberMember
(@saulrod)

Posted : 11/13/2012 9:57 pm

i'm a little bit ahead of you in terms of accutane (just started the second month) and i'm experiencing exactly what you're experiencing. glad to know someone else is in the same journey with me. i underestimated the fatigue that came with acne. i go to uni and i nap so much more now since i just get so tired after class. i was 40mg first month and am now 80mg

Hey Puffnoodles,

Yea I feel you I'm always tired and sleepy hahah last Saturday it was rainy and cold and I literally just slept all day hahah not very productive I must ay. Question tho Did you have another major breakout after switching to 80mgs?

Im on 40mg twice a day. I have been using it for 3wks now. I broke out bad week one but now I feel so great! It works.. Glory to God! I have been through this for more than 10yrs! The side effects i have had this far are: Dry itchy skin peeling lips, back pain, trouble sleeping. I take benadryl for those nights. I use Dials antibacterial soap (the white bar). Then i use Witch Hazel (dickinsons) and Eucerin face lotion (small amounts on dry areas) for little bumps i use Clearsil adult cream (that stuff is awesome)

Hey Keish,

Yea I broke out really bad my first 3 weeks, I'm still breaking out but it's not as bad as before. I'm glad your seeing great results :) The side effect I hated was my itchy peeling face.. man I hated it. Now it doesn't pill as much and it's not very itchy. Keep me posted with your progress!

MemberMember
(@taylor13)

Posted : 11/13/2012 10:53 pm

hiiiiii fellow Cali accutane user. wavey.gif

MemberMember
(@saulrod)

Posted : 11/13/2012 11:33 pm

Hi!!.. greetings from Northern Calixmas.gif

MemberMember
(@taylor13)

Posted : 11/13/2012 11:43 pm

ahhhh i'm jealous. i love northern Cali. sooo much better than southern Cali. hate it down here.

MemberMember
(@saulrod)

Posted : 11/13/2012 11:51 pm

ahhhh i'm jealous. i love northern Cali. sooo much better than southern Cali. hate it down here.

Haha it depends what part you at haha I love So-cal so much stuff to do.. btw what day are you on?

MemberMember
(@taylor13)

Posted : 11/14/2012 12:02 am

Haha it depends what part you at haha I love So-cal so much stuff to do.. btw what day are you on?

well i'm in the inland empire area. NOT a good area! about 45 minutes east of LA.

i'm on day 6 right now. it'll be a week tomorrow.

MemberMember
(@puffnoodles)

Posted : 11/14/2012 4:03 am

yes, there was another breakout when i upped my dosage. it has been relatively calm now however

MemberMember
(@saulrod)

Posted : 11/14/2012 10:18 pm

well i'm in the inland empire area. NOT a good area! about 45 minutes east of LA.

i'm on day 6 right now. it'll be a week tomorrow.

Yea been there before its awright hahaha... Nice good luck we have a long journey a head of us.

yes, there was another breakout when i upped my dosage. it has been relatively calm now however

Damn not looking forward to that.. i been breaking out as it is hahaha -__-