Notifications
Clear all

Makeup Concerns On Accutane

MemberMember
(@tlx)

Posted : 10/24/2012 10:22 pm

Hey all,

I've been using clinique acne solutions makeup for over a year now. It has a small amount of salicylic acid in it. I used it throughout the first three months of accutane with no visible drawbacks. My skin is not overly irritated or anything and I use a heavy primer and moisturizer underneath. I'm starting to feel uneasy about it though, I've heard so many stories about people really hurting their skin on accutane, and I know it isn't ideal. I am so comfortable with this makeup, though, and I have seen no bad effects. Should I switch?

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 10/24/2012 10:54 pm

I'd stick with it! Some people use face washes with low amount of SA or BP and have no problems. So I dont seem much of a difference. As long as the make up is working for you and your skin isn't dried out and red and irritated than I think you are good!

MemberMember
(@faded12)

Posted : 10/27/2012 8:02 am

If I were you I would switch to the redness solutions line also by clinique. I've worn both and they are very similar. The reason for this is when I stopped wearing the acne solutions my face broke out... I guess it was used to having the SA to fight the acne?? I don't know if that would happen since you are on accutane but I wouldn't want to risk it myself. I know I wan't to get my face used to not having any acne without the use of any topicals during my tane course. But that's just me.

MemberMember
(@lipstickartist)

Posted : 10/27/2012 9:47 am

If you're not experiencing any redness or burning or any effects from the Clinique at all, I'd say keep using it and relax. Usually if a foundation or other product is going to react with your skin and cause discomfort, it will within a few hours. I'm a makeup artist so I thought it might be worth a comment! Throughout my course the accutane made my skin REALLY dry, so i used a thick moisturiser (gel, not a lotion) and after leaving it to do its magic, applied a good primer on top before foundation. I'd say keep on doing what you're doing as it seems to be working for you. I managed fine all throughout my course doing the same only using Graftobian hd Glamour creme as its a cream foundation so it really helped my dry skin. If you feel you'd rather switch products to be safe and you're a fan of Clinique, I'd second using the Redness Solutions foundation.