Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ross2012

Good Sunblocks?

Hi guys,

Can anyone recommend some good sunblocks that won't cause me to break out? I saw some in the "Biggest Mistakes People Make to Treat Acne" post but most seemed to be for women (e.g. make-up) or fairly expensive.

Just wondered what you guys use.

Thanks!

Men can use the same sunscreens as women...all this stuff about cosmetics being 'for men' is just marketing nonsense.

I recommend Clinique City Block SPF 25 or 40, that's up to you, or Neutrogena Multi-Defence Daily Moisturiser with SPF, if you want a moisturiser with SPF, to kill two birds with one stone (the City Block is not moisturising, it's just sunscreen)

Unfortunately all well-formulated sunscreens for the face are expensive. Look for product with physical blocks, which there are only two of: Titanium Dioxide or Zinc Oxide. Chemical blocks provide only short-lived protection and let more sunrays to be absorbed by the skin. I think they're only acceptable for cloudy days or winter.

Men can use the same sunscreens as women...all this stuff about cosmetics being 'for men' is just marketing nonsense.

I recommend Clinique City Block SPF 25 or 40, that's up to you, or Neutrogena Multi-Defence Daily Moisturiser with SPF, if you want a moisturiser with SPF, to kill two birds with one stone (the City Block is not moisturising, it's just sunscreen)

Unfortunately all well-formulated sunscreens for the face are expensive. Look for product with physical blocks, which there are only two of: Titanium Dioxide or Zinc Oxide. Chemical blocks provide only short-lived protection and let more sunrays to be absorbed by the skin. I think they're only acceptable for cloudy days or winter.

Okay great, thank you!

I don't know if these are available where you live, but I really like this particular range of sunblocks:

http://www.bioderma....dvices/262.html

They offer a bunch of products with different SPF.

Also I have a very greasy complexion and luckily this doesn't make it worse.

I'll check that out. Thanks!

I disagree with the statement that chemical sun screens are not effective. There is a lot of research and evidence that says otherwise.

Anyways, I have been using Paula's Choice moisture boost SPF30. It has not broken me out and the ingredients are fantastic. I would check it out for sure.

Honestly, the best normal sunscreen out there is neutrogena ultra sheer touch SPF 30. I don't think I have ever heard of it breaking people out. The one bad thing is that it is no a moisturizer, but it can certainly can be used on top of one! Good luck on your search