Notifications
Clear all

Taking B5 Selectively Around High-Glycemic Load Meals

MemberMember
(@jjj333kkk2)

Posted : 10/24/2012 3:05 pm

High-glycemic load foods stimulate androgen production, which in turn causes your skin to churn out more sebum, which causes acne. A high vitamin B5 overdose apparently prevents androgen production.

I was wondering, if, by selectively taking several grams of B5 before and after a high-glycemic load meal, that this would prevent the increase in androgen production caused by the meal. This would give me a safety option should I ever succumb to temptation and eat a high-glycemic load meal.

I am tempted to test this by eating, say, McDonalds followed by a dozen Oreo cookies, which under normal circumstances would make me break out horribly. By taking, say, 2.5 grams of B5 before and after the meal, I wonder if it would make a difference. I ultimately dont want to try it though, because I am terrified of getting any more acne.

MemberMember
(@bearishly)

Posted : 10/24/2012 4:01 pm

Isn't its effectiveness going to be determined by the ratio of B5-glycemic load above acceptable level? In other words, the more high-GI crap you eat, the more B5 you would have to take to balance it out.

MemberMember
(@jjj333kkk2)

Posted : 10/24/2012 4:27 pm

^ Yes, of course. I have no idea what the appropriate ratio would be. This is just a loose thought experiment.