Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jjj333kkk2

Taking B5 Selectively Around High-Glycemic Load Meals

High-glycemic load foods stimulate androgen production, which in turn causes your skin to churn out more sebum, which causes acne. A high vitamin B5 overdose apparently prevents androgen production.

I was wondering, if, by selectively taking several grams of B5 before and after a high-glycemic load meal, that this would prevent the increase in androgen production caused by the meal. This would give me a safety option should I ever succumb to temptation and eat a high-glycemic load meal.

I am tempted to test this by eating, say, McDonalds followed by a dozen Oreo cookies, which under normal circumstances would make me break out horribly. By taking, say, 2.5 grams of B5 before and after the meal, I wonder if it would make a difference. I ultimately don’t want to try it though, because I am terrified of getting any more acne.

Isn't its effectiveness going to be determined by the ratio of B5-glycemic load above acceptable level? In other words, the more high-GI crap you eat, the more B5 you would have to take to balance it out.