Moisturizer Makes M...

Notifications
Clear all

Moisturizer Makes My Skin Red And Shiny?

MemberMember
(@leaudclub)

Posted : 10/24/2012 7:37 am

I'm on day 3 of the regimen, cleansing with Sukin foaming facial cleanser(smells amazing), treating with Neutrogena on the spot, and moisturizing with Cetaphil moisturizing lotion. All is good except for when I moisturize, it makes my skin have this really weird shiny tone which makes spots a lot more red and visible. Then after about 1-2 hours when the moisturizer has finally dried up completely the shiny tone is gone but the spots are still more red than when I don't moisturize. I've been getting this with every moisturizer I've used and I don't think I have oily skin(except for my forehead). Is it normal or is it Cetaphil's fault?

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 10/25/2012 12:28 am

Its normal in the early weeks. I used to dread the last stage of the regimen of putting on moisturiser because that was the stage that used to burn like crazy. It gets better though as your skin gets more accustomed to BP. Just make sure you're not applying too much BP in the early stages and build up slowly. The redness will start to reduce and once you stop getting acne you wont have to worry about red 'spots'. :) Good luck.

MemberMember
(@modman)

Posted : 10/28/2012 6:51 pm

http://www.boots.com/en/Dr-Nick-Lowe-Redness-Relief-Correcting-Cream-50ml_49423/

The best thing I have ever used, its fantastic.