Notifications
Clear all

Differin + Doxy Log

MemberMember
(@thekiwi)

Posted : 10/24/2012 1:45 am

Hey guys smile.png

I'm a 23 year old male living in New Zealand. I've browsed this forum for a couple of years now searching for solutions to my acne. I've tried every topical under the sun including the acne.org regime, but nothing has worked. I finally decided to see my doctor and try sort this problem out. Thought it might be a good idea to make an account and post a log of my own to track my progress and get some advice from you guys smile.png

My acne isn't severe but its definatly persistant. The other problem is it leaves red pigmentation marks regardless of weather I pick at it or not. The worst of it is around my mouth area, I do get a bit on my shoulders but it isn't much of a concern.

So my doctor has started me on 100MG of Doxy per day as well as Differin Gel 0.1% applied once a day at night.

DAY 1

Have two new red spots when I woke up this morning. Hopefully this is the differin starting to bring the bad stuff to the surface. Im praying the Doxy means my IB wont be too severe when I do experience it. My red marks seem lighter than usual, although I doubt one application of Differin could do this. Maybe its wishfull thinking haha.

Over all feeling hopefull smile.png

MemberMember
(@thekiwi)

Posted : 10/25/2012 8:08 pm

DAY 3

Skipped day 2 as there wasn't much change. The small breakout I did have has decreased in inflamation a lot faster than usual. I just noticed a small spot forming on my cheek, ive never had a spot in that area before which is strange. I didn't even put the differin there. Can the doxy make you breakout in areas that you normally dont?

Other than that not much to report, dont think im experiencing the IB yet.