Notifications
Clear all

Do I Have Pityrosporum Folliculitis Or Kerotosis Pilaris?

MemberMember
(@zzxc3212)

Posted : 10/23/2012 11:39 pm

ok i have had this "Only" on my upper arms and lower back shoulders area for 10 Years!! it cannot be acne i read all over but Pityrosporum Folliculitis and kerotosis pilaris seem IDENTIAL.. while Pityrosporum Folliculitis requires Dry skin and kerotosis pilaris requires moistirzed skin i am very confused best way to describe my shoulders area would be Lots of Brown pigmentated spots i have smooth skin no Bumps but the bumps are there its hard to explain i found a picture online on what looks to be very similar

2drxt7d.jpg

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 11/02/2012 1:48 am

Hmm, i have something similar, except my acne is bigger and leaves much darker spots

Do the pimples dry up by themselves then heal?

MemberMember
(@torquemonster)

Posted : 11/05/2012 3:12 am

I had a condition that looks similar to the pic. It was finally diagnosed as Grovers disease by my dermatologist via biopsy . The first line of treatment is topical steroid and that cleared it up for me. It is not a bacterial or fungal condition and doesn't clear using typical treatments for acne/folliculitis, although it is often mis-diagnosed as one of those. You might want to check into the Grovers and maybe be assessed for it. Good luck.