Notifications
Clear all

What Are Some Acne Friendly Places?

MemberMember
(@fatalbert911)

Posted : 10/23/2012 6:42 am

Now what do i mean by that? I mean where can people that have acne generally be without felling like they have a third eye growing out of their foreheads. (no offence to people who really do). It can be anything in particular a certain state, town, place, area that sort of thing.Where it is not frowned upon and you feel that your free to Try and live a normal life as possible despite having an acne problem (is there even such a place?).To the contrary Put some places that you have experienced bad reaction's, vibes & just the general negative atmosphere in a certain area from the general public. Now this is just my opinion but i think people tend to be more judgmental in bigger cities because we are built in a society that glorifies beauty & everyone tend's to want to look like the models we see in advertising because we want to look good for ourselves yes, but i believe that even more so for the people that we surround ourselves with in order to gain acceptance from society, would you agree? And i think that as a result people with acne automatically attract negative attention because of this mindset, i know it sound harsh but it's the logical conclusion that i'v come to. think about it it's made fun of in the media and people seem to forget that it's just the way the body temporarily handles itself during the teen year (although i am aware that some people have it beyond that) So i guess what i'm really trying to find out is there somewhere, anywhere that i can go where this mind set is not as prevalent by the local population? now i realize that it is virtually impossible to escape criticism one hundred percent, because every person has there own opinion and that is an uncontrollable factor. The only way i could see that happening is if people with acne joined together and made there own little community exclusivity for people with our condition and as much as i like they idea of that personally we all know that's an extremly unlikely scenario lol

MemberMember
(@lightersup)

Posted : 10/23/2012 8:02 pm

I have a few places in mind where I feel comfortable with a few breakouts on my face:

In the movie theaters, hiking outdoors, anywhere at nighttime, nightclub dancefloor.. That's about it.

Some places where I feel very exposed:

Shopping malls/stores with very intense lighting, college campus halls/classrooms, anywhere with direct sunlight shining on my face, the airport, restaurants with natural lighting/alot of open windows, etc.

MemberMember
(@fatalbert911)

Posted : 10/24/2012 9:53 pm

well what ever you guys do don't come down to Thomson ga. i fell ga in general suck when it comes to this issue

MemberMember
(@ughhhhh)

Posted : 10/27/2012 6:42 pm

I'm lucky that my work environment is very low/no light (for color correct computer screens) so as long as I don't go down for lunch, no one will notice the worst of it. But that does mean I no longer have friends at work :\

MemberMember
(@ilovemesomevanity)

Posted : 10/27/2012 9:00 pm

your mind.

JK JK, personally i think its just all in your head, but thats probably because ive never had anyone comment about my acne in front of me, actually ive never heard anyone make rude comments about anyones skin for that matter. maybe everyone in my school is just really nice or something hahaha

MemberMember
(@fatalbert911)

Posted : 11/22/2012 10:48 am

sup guy's and gal's, so i just got my internet back and that's because i moved to Indiana! interestingly enough i can give you some feed back on the general feel of this area. i live real close to the capital so they are ALOT of people here. i haven't really gone out much tbh so i can only say about my experience at work. pretty typical people talking behind my back about it and shit like that. it's funny though because i came to realize something that even if every single person in town knew me and about my acne. once i'm clear i can just pack my thing's and move away just like that. a fresh start clean slate. ahh that thought always makes me happy =). i just bought two thing just for that purpose im calling it operation clear lol. so what are the two thing's? 1 a full body detox kit that i gonna clean out alot of my organs, i think this just my help because if my body created the acne then helping my body to heal it self just might get rid of the little acne and hyper pigmentation i have left & second i bought a water filter for my shower, now what this does is keep all the chlorine they put into the water out. so with these two steps i hope to clear up my skin once and for all. i'll do a post and let you guy's know what happens.

MemberMember
(@matt-f)

Posted : 11/27/2012 1:20 pm

I think the library's a pretty acne-friendly place. Peaceful and allows you to get on with some work.

Oh and the gym is pretty good too. Lots of people there have dodgy skin.