Regimen With Salicy...

Notifications
Clear all

Regimen With Salicylic Acid?

MemberMember
(@swj48)

Posted : 10/22/2012 11:46 pm

just out of curiosity, has anyone ever tried the regimen using a salicylic acid treatment instead of benzoyle peroxide? in the past before discovering the regimen, i have found that SA works better than BP for me personally. Just wondering if anyone has tried using it in place of BP with the regimen and experienced success.

MemberMember
(@ladybekah)

Posted : 10/23/2012 2:37 pm

For two weeks I was doing the regimen with 2% salicylic acid. It worked to clear me up, but after a week I broke out again, and decided to do the regimen the original way. I didn't give it enough time to see if it would work.

Interested to see if anyone else has tried this, and for longer. I would much rather use salicylic acid as well.

MemberMember
(@brandolynn)

Posted : 10/23/2012 3:14 pm

The Regimen was built around bp because it just works better for more people. We just haven't seen the same success with salicylic acid products. Dan even made his own SA lotion and sold it for a year while we gathered customer feedback. In the end, it just did not perform as well as bp does, so he discontinued it.

Bottom line, for most people bp just gives much better results when used correctly. That doesn't mean SA may not work for someone, especially those who may be allergic to bp, but The Regimen only works because of the bp.