Notifications
Clear all

Looking For Some Advice (Picture Included)

MemberMember
(@itsbeenawhile)

Posted : 10/22/2012 7:57 pm

Hi everyone,

I've been using this site for a long time, and tonight I decided to finally become a member. I truly appreciate the wealth of information, and the support that this community continues to offer to everyone out there struggling with acne. I'm a 20 year old male and my acne has definitely left me with some physical and emotional scars. In fact, thats the topic I'm hoping to get some answers on. I'm pretty positive that these are rolling scars around my mouth, as a result of close to a year of ongoing papules and pustules, and the popping I foolishly did. I can see and feel texture differences. It's almost a mirror image on the other side too. I cleared them with the use of BP. Which i occasionally use still for maintenance. My question is is my skin still actively inflamed? Could that possible be the reason for my uneven skin tone. If so I will start applying Bp more often again. OR do you think that these a definitely scars. In this case ill continue with my lessened Bp regimen and try to start working on the darkness of these scars.

post-187193-0-93326000-1350953786_thumb.

Thanks to all!

post-187193-0-93326000-1350953786_thumb.

MemberMember
(@kathyhathy)

Posted : 10/31/2012 6:51 pm

I would see a derm. Using BP might might irritate your skin more than help it. A retin product could help because it causes cell turnover.

MemberMember
(@dermarolling-girl)

Posted : 11/04/2012 7:12 pm

It looks like scars to me but I could be wrong. I had an area like yours and asked my derm and he said it wouldn't scar but guess what? It scarred. : ( Have you considered dermarolling? I've been doing it for 1 1/2 years and it's helped with my scars. Here's a link to the thread with my post about my experience (with pictures): http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php/topic/321912-dermaroller-newbie-here-need-help-on-a-few-questions/page__gopid__3300067#entry3300067

MemberMember
(@itsbeenawhile)

Posted : 11/06/2012 11:01 pm

Thanks for the responses! I've done some research on dermarolling and I like the idea I just don't know if my skin is ready or not for it. Your scars definitely improved! I haven't had any new inflamed acne for about a month maybe more. How long after you stopped getting breakouts did you start rolling? Thanks again!