Notifications
Clear all

Clean & Clear Allergy - What Ingredient Is Responsible?

MemberMember
(@armadillo)

Posted : 10/22/2012 12:08 pm

I very rarely experience allergic reactions to any kind of topical products, but the whole Clean & Clear range has brought me out in itchy hives whenever I used it. The first time at the age of 12, I tried one of their cleansers, I had a rash within a week. A few years later, I've forgotten all about this experience, and tried their moisturiser. Same thing happened. Some time later I cautiously patch tested a toner from their range only to wake up to red and flaky skin.

So, to sum up, I had tried a cleanser, toner and a moisturising lotion from their range, I can't exactly remember which ones, all of which gave me a rash. What is/are the ingredients included in all of these? Can anyone shed some light on this or had a similar experience?

MemberMember
(@brandolynn)

Posted : 10/22/2012 1:11 pm

Maybe look them up on drugstore.com and compare ingredients. There's no way for us to know exactly which products you tried and what's in them.

Perhaps they use the same fragrance for their entire product line? Regardless, there are numerous other product lines out there so you do not have to use Clean and Clear.

MemberMember
(@armadillo)

Posted : 10/23/2012 3:04 pm

All of their product include frangrance, another thing that seems to be in every product is PPG 15 Stearyl Ether.

I haven't used them in years, just curious.