Notifications
Clear all

Pimple Under Skin That Is Not Going Away?

MemberMember
(@jtyng)

Posted : 10/22/2012 9:17 am

I've had this pimple under the skin on my cheek for several weeks now, and it is really red and already is a dark mark. It's not the small kind, its sort of wide like a cyst. When you look at it you can't see anything, but when I touch it (with clean hands) I can feel it is slightly raised and feels sensitive. Because of this, the redness in that area is not going away and I have no idea how to get rid of this.

Btw, I don't use any products for my acne, except exfoliating twice a day with an exfoliating cream and once in a while ACV

Any advice?

MemberMember
(@billjobs)

Posted : 10/22/2012 12:29 pm

I've had this pimple under the skin on my cheek for several weeks now, and it is really red and already is a dark mark. It's not the small kind, its sort of wide like a cyst. When you look at it you can't see anything, but when I touch it (with clean hands) I can feel it is slightly raised and feels sensitive. Because of this, the redness in that area is not going away and I have no idea how to get rid of this.

Btw, I don't use any products for my acne, except exfoliating twice a day with an exfoliating cream and once in a while ACV

Any advice?

Exfoliating once a day seems excessive.. twice a day sounds painful! Even with sensitive exfoliants..

I haven't ever had one for several weeks, but I've had what you described for 3-4 weeks without any whitehead appearing... Not much you can do about it without erupting the cyst... Just don't touch it and hope it subsides over time.. Put some benzol peroxide on it twice a day if you don't already.

Also, I hope to god you're moisturizing twice a day if you're exfoliating more than 3 times a week. Even if your skin appears oily.. moisturize.

MemberMember
(@flowerbud3)

Posted : 10/22/2012 7:59 pm

Any advice?

Exfoliating once a day seems excessive.. twice a day sounds painful! Even with sensitive exfoliants..

I haven't ever had one for several weeks, but I've had what you described for 3-4 weeks without any whitehead appearing... Not much you can do about it without erupting the cyst... Just don't touch it and hope it subsides over time.. Put some benzol peroxide on it twice a day if you don't already.

Also, I hope to god you're moisturizing twice a day if you're exfoliating more than 3 times a week. Even if your skin appears oily.. moisturize.

What would you recommend for a moisturizer? Also, if the my skin appears oily, why would I need to moisturize? o.o! Just wondering! Thanks

MemberMember
(@billjobs)

Posted : 10/24/2012 11:03 am

Any advice?

What would you recommend for a moisturizer? Also, if the my skin appears oily, why would I need to moisturize? o.o! Just wondering! Thanks

A good moisturizer is one with jojoba oil or aloe vera. A very good one will also contain antibacterial and antifungal properties. A very good example of one is called Nature's Aid.. it contains Aloe Vera, Vitamin E, Witch Hazel, Rosemary and Tea Tree Oil... it makes your skin look young and fresh! It hasn't completely cured my acne but this product alone helped a lot.

You need to moisturize after stripping oils off your skin to regulate skin oil production. If you use an exfoliant or any chemicals or cleansers (or even just water from the shower!) you should moisturize right after. Otherwise the oil glands in your skin will work in overdrive to produce more oil to compensate for the lack of oil.

If you find your skin gets 'greasy' during the day, splash some water on your face and apply more moisturizer.