MemberMember
(@acnegoaway54)

Posted : 10/21/2012 11:56 am

tto and lavendar oil is helping my acne. try it

MemberMember
(@vincevega)

Posted : 10/21/2012 1:19 pm

I'm happy for you mate.

Can I ask how oily your skin was before you started taking primrose oil? And how much has your oil production reduced? How long did you take it for before it started working?

Thanks

MemberMember
(@acnegoaway54)

Posted : 10/21/2012 9:39 pm

I'm happy for you mate.

Can I ask how oily your skin was before you started taking primrose oil? And how much has your oil production reduced? How long did you take it for before it started working?

Thanks

MemberMember
(@ohhhhhhnooooooo)

Posted : 10/23/2012 1:43 am

Question,

Do you apply the honey after you wash your face or before?

MemberMember
(@flowergirl1234)

Posted : 10/30/2012 5:42 pm

The evening primrose oil is an oral supplement, right? I was thinking of taking this in conjunction with saw palmetto to try and prevent oil from coming back since I've been off Accutane for a while. Both are supposed to help regulate hormones, which in turn might help reduce oil production.

MemberMember
(@armadillo)

Posted : 10/31/2012 7:32 am

Note that honey is almost never recommended for oily skin. It brought me out in red, painful whiteheads whenever I used it on my skin, on my back and chest too.

I'm not saying that it won't work for you, but if you read people's blogs, etc. who are savvy with home-made [the ones that are actually good] skincare they say not to use honey if you have oily skin

MemberMember
(@rentedname)

Posted : 11/14/2012 10:15 pm

can you describe the honey mask in detail? how do you wash off the stickiness effectively?

MemberMember
(@acnegoaway54)

Posted : 12/01/2012 8:56 pm

Question,

Do you apply the honey after you wash your face or before?

tto or lavender oil

The evening primrose oil is an oral supplement, right? I was thinking of taking this in conjunction with saw palmetto to try and prevent oil from coming back since I've been off Accutane for a while. Both are supposed to help regulate hormones, which in turn might help reduce oil production.

tto or lavender oil.

Note that honey is almost never recommended for oily skin. It brought me out in red, painful whiteheads whenever I used it on my skin, on my back and chest too.

I'm not saying that it won't work for you, but if you read people's blogs, etc. who are savvy with home-made [the ones that are actually good] skincare they say that

tto and lo

can you describe the honey mask in detail? how do you wash off the stickiness effectively?

MemberMember
(@slowpoke)

Posted : 12/06/2012 4:30 pm

Hey Ichance23, I posted a question on this board about which honey I should use. I was wondering if you wouldn't mind helping me out and giving me your opinion please? Thank you :)

MemberMember
(@jofo)

Posted : 12/09/2012 1:08 am

Ichance23, do you recommend 4,000mg of evening primrose oil in order to see results, or did you increase your dosage from 1,000mg for some other reason?

MemberMember
(@brandon78)

Posted : 12/18/2012 7:41 am

Be sure to use makeup that does not clog the pores and is oil-free. There are great fundamentals for oily skin these days that control the shine and keep the skin matte.

MemberMember
(@soundofsilence)

Posted : 04/06/2013 3:20 am

Ichance23, you come here, boldy start a topic on how you CURED your oily skin with "500mg evening primrose oil twice a day!" yet, in your lengthy signature you state that evening primrose didnt work. Then you disappear. Nice.

Things I tried that didn't work:

-Duac gel (tried it for 2 months)

-drinking Evening primrose oil and applying topically(tried it for 1 month

-antibiotics (worst mistake of my life and ruined my immune system)

MemberMember
(@acnegoaway54)

Posted : 04/07/2013 11:28 pm

Ichance23, you come here, boldy start a topic on how you CURED your oily skin with "500mg evening primrose oil twice a day!" yet, in your lengthy signature you state that evening primrose didnt work. Then you disappear. Nice.

Things I tried that didn't work:

-Duac gel (tried it for 2 months)

-drinking Evening primrose oil and applying topically(tried it for 1 month

-antibiotics (worst mistake of my life and ruined my immune system)

yes you are right. but i did not disapear. it did not work for me. eating more healthy is what worked and i have not used the epo in 4 months. i am now pretty clear because i am using lavendar oil. i recomend you guys to try tea tree oil or lavendar oil. i might be able to go back to my main diet as before if the oil keeps working. what i have found is sugar and dairy is the biggest culprit. personally, i was able to eat breads and did not really see a bad change. i was 95% clear since the paleo diet but now that i am a gym rat i started breaking out. i am not going to stop going the gym so i decided to try something else. these oils have been working along with me maintaining the paleo diet.

Ichance23, do you recommend 4,000mg of evening primrose oil in order to see results, or did you increase your dosage from 1,000mg for some other reason?

i recomend tto or lavender oil. so sorry this is too late

Hey Ichance23, I posted a question on this board about which honey I should use. I was wondering if you wouldn't mind helping me out and giving me your opinion please? Thank you smile.png

i have read manuka honey is the best for acne.

MemberMember
(@acnegoaway54)

Posted : 04/08/2013 5:56 pm

yes it is working and epo does not work

sorry for all the confusion. let me explain. i originally posted that epo cured my acne 8 months ago. it stopped working after a short time and i have not used it in 7 months. i am now mostly clear because of tto. it works by drying out the pimple and preventing acne. so now the forum is correct. i am not a doctor and tto does not work for everyone but a lot of people swear by it.

MemberMember
(@jofo)

Posted : 04/08/2013 7:18 pm

eating more healthy is what worked and i have not used the epo in 4 months. i am now pretty clear because i am using lavendar oil. i recomend you guys to try tea tree oil or lavendar oil. i might be able to go back to my main diet as before if the oil keeps working. what i have found is sugar and dairy is the biggest culprit. personally, i was able to eat breads and did not really see a bad change. i was 95% clear since the paleo diet but now that i am a gym rat i started breaking out. i am not going to stop going the gym so i decided to try something else. these oils have been working along with me maintaining the paleo diet.

Did the paleo diet and/or lavender oil decrease your oily skin or just acne?

MemberMember
(@acnegoaway54)

Posted : 04/09/2013 6:06 pm

eating more healthy is what worked and i have not used the epo in 4 months. i am now pretty clear because i am using lavendar oil. i recomend you guys to try tea tree oil or lavendar oil. i might be able to go back to my main diet as before if the oil keeps working. what i have found is sugar and dairy is the biggest culprit. personally, i was able to eat breads and did not really see a bad change. i was 95% clear since the paleo diet but now that i am a gym rat i started breaking out. i am not going to stop going the gym so i decided to try something else. these oils have been working along with me maintaining the paleo diet.

Did the paleo diet and/or lavender oil decrease your oily skin or just acne?

the paleo diet decreases my oily skin over a period of 2 months. i suddenly noticed my skin was about 20% less oily. it also decreased my acne. however the oil and acne came back a little when i started lifting. now i gave up on lavender oil and only use tto. the tto is an antiandrogen so it decreases the size of one's pores and decreases the oil production of our skin as well. i have actually noticed it decreasing the size of my large nose pores and as a result decreasing the oiliness of my skin. a lot of people say that tto dries out the oil but this is not really true. it really is changing the hormones of their skin to make the pores create less oil. this is a result of its estrogenic and anti androgenic properties. do not be worried about this if you are a male though. i use it an i do not have male boobs and i know a lot of guys who use it and are perfectly fine. the estrogenic properties are probably large enough to decrease oil production but not large enough to cause problems.

here the simple version of that:

tea tree oil decreases pore size and decreases oil production of the skin.

MemberMember
(@soundofsilence)

Posted : 04/09/2013 6:52 pm

Thanks for coming back to set the records straight. Don't feel bad, many of us have started something that works for a while and then stops. I'm glad you found something that works for you.smile.png

I'm heading out tonight to buy some tto. It may not work for me, but wth it's worth a try.

Quick question- to curb oily skin, do you apply the tea tree oil, straight, all over your face? do you dilute it or what? thanks