Questions About Aha...

Notifications
Clear all

Questions About Aha+

MemberMember
(@iskate)

Posted : 10/21/2012 5:02 am

I just started the regimen about 4 weeks ago. Everything is going smooth my skin is starting to clear up and I'm super excited to see what my skin looks like as I progress toward clear skin. Okay so I have a couple questions about Aha+ and how to use it. I want to start using it as a spot treatment daily if possible and if I can when do I apply it? Also if I use it as a moisturizer how often do I apply it? Weekly or daily?

MemberMember
(@kellerman)

Posted : 10/22/2012 4:01 pm

As a moisturizer, you use it every night in replacement of your usual moisturizer. I'm not sure about spot treating, though.

MemberMember
(@iskate)

Posted : 10/23/2012 12:28 am

I just used the aha+ as a moisturizer and my face is burning so bad!!!!!!!!!!!! Gahhhhh! Is it okay if I use it with the jojoba oil?

MemberMember
(@a-p)

Posted : 10/23/2012 12:41 am

I just used the aha+ as a moisturizer and my face is burning so bad!!!!!!!!!!!! Gahhhhh! Is it okay if I use it with the jojoba oil?

The burning should go away in about a minute. Just let it burn! Haha I know it sucks but after a week or two it won't burn your skin like that anymore.

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 10/23/2012 12:42 am

You may find you have to build up a tolerance for AHA, especially when your skin is already trying to adjust to BP. In the early stages of following the regimen (and 4 weeks is early), try only applying AHA+ as a moisturiser in the evening every 3-4 days only, and increase from there. It is perfectly alright to mix in jojoba oil and or dan's moisturiser in with the AHA+. By doing that you're reducing the strenghth of the AHA+ but you're also giving you skin a chance to get used to it. You may find (as I did) that you wake up in the morning with red skin in the mouth and nose crease marks. This is perfectly normal.

Once your'e used to the AHA+ you should really start to see a difference to hydration and tone of your skin. Good luck!

MemberMember
(@iskate)

Posted : 10/23/2012 12:50 am

I still feel the burning sensation on my face. Yup I used way too much aha+. I was under the impression that I was suppose to use a large amount. Never again!

MemberMember
(@tingmothy)

Posted : 10/23/2012 12:50 pm

I started Dan's AHA+ around 1.5 weeks ago, and I use it on my whole face at night in place of the moisturizer. I don't get how some people use a pea-sized drop amount to spread it around their whole face. If I had to estimate, if the AHA came in a pump, I use 75% of one full pump of AHA. I wonder if this is too much. It barely stings too. In fact, I welcome stinging because that means it's working lol.