Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
iskate

Questions About Aha+

I just started the regimen about 4 weeks ago. Everything is going smooth my skin is starting to clear up and I'm super excited to see what my skin looks like as I progress toward clear skin. Okay so I have a couple questions about Aha+ and how to use it. I want to start using it as a spot treatment daily if possible and if I can when do I apply it? Also if I use it as a moisturizer how often do I apply it? Weekly or daily?

I just used the aha+ as a moisturizer and my face is burning so bad!!!!!!!!!!!! Gahhhhh! Is it okay if I use it with the jojoba oil?

I just used the aha+ as a moisturizer and my face is burning so bad!!!!!!!!!!!! Gahhhhh! Is it okay if I use it with the jojoba oil?

The burning should go away in about a minute. Just let it burn! Haha I know it sucks but after a week or two it won't burn your skin like that anymore.

Edited by a.p.

You may find you have to build up a tolerance for AHA, especially when your skin is already trying to adjust to BP. In the early stages of following the regimen (and 4 weeks is early), try only applying AHA+ as a moisturiser in the evening every 3-4 days only, and increase from there. It is perfectly alright to mix in jojoba oil and or dan's moisturiser in with the AHA+. By doing that you're reducing the strenghth of the AHA+ but you're also giving you skin a chance to get used to it. You may find (as I did) that you wake up in the morning with red skin in the mouth and nose crease marks. This is perfectly normal.

Once your'e used to the AHA+ you should really start to see a difference to hydration and tone of your skin. Good luck!

I still feel the burning sensation on my face. Yup I used way too much aha+. I was under the impression that I was suppose to use a large amount. Never again!

It's not so much the amount you apply as the strength and frequency of application. Only the product in contact with the skin will be absorbed so by applying a lot of the product, you're wasting money more than anything.

Like AyeAye, I used to use a moisturiser with SPF in the morning and AHA plus BP in the evening. Even after several months of use, my face would turn red after applying BP, but by the morning it looked and felt great.

The AHA really helped my skin to look more healthy than it did with just BP so stick with it!

I started Dan's AHA+ around 1.5 weeks ago, and I use it on my whole face at night in place of the moisturizer. I don't get how some people use a pea-sized drop amount to spread it around their whole face. If I had to estimate, if the AHA came in a pump, I use 75% of one full pump of AHA. I wonder if this is too much. It barely stings too. In fact, I welcome stinging because that means it's working lol.