Notifications
Clear all

Can A Dent Fill Up Over Time?

MemberMember
(@souble)

Posted : 10/20/2012 5:02 pm

I had a really bad cyst and when it drain it left a hole. A scab filled up inside the hole (this was about last week) and just today the scab fell, but it left a really bad dent where the scab was. I'm really upset. If it stays like this, it's incredibly noticeable. The skin is fully healed, but it's just a scar dent now. Can this fill up back to normal now that the scab fell off? Please help!

MemberMember
(@betterness24)

Posted : 10/20/2012 5:43 pm

Really depends on how deep it is, your age and skin type. I had Huge boils on my face while living in Africa about 12 years ago. I also had Cysts later on in my 20s. But guess which left the scars??

It will heal and look better than it does now but its very possible scarring could occur. Make sure you take zinc- i hear it helps discourage scarring. And ddress the wound appropriately.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 12/28/2012 3:21 pm

i had a cyst on each cheek that were both drained, and both left an indent on my cheek. They got better, smoothed out a little but are still there and probably always will be.. i wonder if theres something that can be done to smooth out the area?? but meh it usually doesnt bother me.

MemberMember
(@rob_x_22)

Posted : 12/28/2012 5:38 pm

i had cystic acne ...it left my face destroyed ...

MemberMember
(@dudleydoright)

Posted : 12/29/2012 1:52 pm

Your body does not care what you look like as long as the healing is complete.

MemberMember
(@austra)

Posted : 12/29/2012 5:43 pm

It probably won't fill back to normal, but it will soften and look much better. And sometimes they do fill in to some extent, although that depends on the scar, how deep it is and where it is etc.

MemberMember
(@sweetea)

Posted : 03/05/2013 1:31 am

Lots of dermarolling sessions might fill up dents, there was also a guy on here who had a large dent on his cheek l. I'm talking like a 1 inch dent, not a pock. He basically needled it himself, poking numerous times at all different angles to promote collegen growth and force the dent to heal itself again and again.

His results were quite amazing, what's more he did it himself no endorsements whatsoever. I will search for the page and post the link if I find it...

MemberMember
(@panos)

Posted : 03/05/2013 9:50 pm

x

MemberMember
(@miko-yan)

Posted : 03/05/2013 10:52 pm

x

MemberMember
(@panos)

Posted : 03/05/2013 11:05 pm

x

MemberMember
(@theexperiment)

Posted : 03/07/2013 8:02 pm

The best and only treatment for an indented scar like that is Subcision.