Notifications
Clear all

Just Tell Me What To Eat

MemberMember
(@jenny-p)

Posted : 10/20/2012 3:33 pm

I just got diagnosed with cystic acne...and i never thought i would get it. But i really need to do something about it..Right away. I don't want to waste any time researching for weeks/months..

Can someone plz help me out.

I got a new job and money is no object. I can even buy everything organic. Can anyone help me out by telling me what i should be eating for breakfast lunch and dinner and snacks?

And what to avoid?

I know you guys are going to hate me for asking these questions so bluntly and ignorantly but im freaking out that my acne is getting severe and i finally just really want to do something about it.

WHAT SHOULD I EAT? i have been eating recently lots of prepared food from whole foods at there deli section. Like the orange chicken, the cranberry quinoa, the sesamie tofu, the kale salad. And I have been eating the hot food like there like the indian food because alot of it is vegan...

I also have been eating alot of sandwhiches on whole wheat and hazelnut chocolate on whole wheat toast.

I am willing to eat whatever it takes to clear my acne, I would just prefer it to taste good.

If anyone can help me that would be amazing!

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 10/20/2012 3:43 pm

Did you just recently start getting the cysts? If so consider what new food you've been eating that you might be intolerant to. Where you eating all that wheat before?

And if the freaking out is new, it could be the stress. Either way, calm down and learn to deal.

MemberMember
(@jim-bean)

Posted : 10/20/2012 4:03 pm

No one can tell you what you can and can not eat; everyone's body is different and unique. What some people can eat, you might not be able to eat. You have to experiment yourself, and the best way to do that is to eat simple foods. Instead of eating a chicken fetechini, just eat chicken; instead of a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, just eat the peanut butter.

Start a food diary and record everything you eat. Any time you have gas, burping, upset stomach, etc link it back 2-6 hours what you ate prior and that's a food you can not tolerate. The most common ones are eggs, soy, dairy, grains; but it could be anything.

Any time you eat anything prepared, you need to look at the ingredients list. I'm sure some of the prepared food at whole foods uses harmful oils like soybean oil, corn oil, etc - If it's not olive oil, you can assume it's probably bad.

As far as supplementation goes, I recommend a good vitamin/mineral supplementation regimen which includes EFA's, probiotics, and digestive enzymes. The one I've been using and helped me get clear is the "Healthy Digestion Pack" which has the vitamins/minerals, EFA's, probiotics, and enzymes + calcium - which can be found here: https://youngevitysh...g.com

Good luck! Keep trying and one day you will be clear. If you have the intention to be clear and really focus, you will get clear. smile.png

MemberMember
(@jenny-p)

Posted : 10/20/2012 4:17 pm

Did you just recently start getting the cysts? If so consider what new food you've been eating that you might be intolerant to. Where you eating all that wheat before?

And if the freaking out is new, it could be the stress. Either way, calm down and learn to deal.

I just noticed the cysts 3 months ago. I didn't know they were cysts at the time. But, i went to a derm today and was told they were cysts.

MemberMember
(@greatsite18)

Posted : 10/20/2012 5:28 pm

Eat less.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 10/21/2012 9:55 am

I just noticed the cysts 3 months ago. I didn't know they were cysts at the time. But, i went to a derm today and was told they were cysts.

And does that coincide with a change in your diet or other habits?

MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 10/21/2012 11:38 am

Stop eating all the wheat, soy and processed foods. Stick to a diet of grass fed/organic meats, eggs (maybe leave these out in the beginning and add them in later to make sure you aren't allergic), big giant raw salads, cooked vegetables, and some fruit/seeds/nuts. With the fruit seeds and nuts, start slow to see how you react. Make sure you are eating numerous good sources of probiotics, such as water kefir, dairy kefir (if you can tolerate dairy, if not just stick to the water kefir), sauerkraut, kimchi and whatever else you can find/make. Stop washing your organic produce, eat it dirty!

Check out the gut healing/probiotics thread. A lot of us are finding major success through the methods listed there.