Acne.org Regimen Vs...

Notifications
Clear all

Acne.org Regimen Vs Epiduo

MemberMember
(@cw24)

Posted : 10/20/2012 2:09 pm

Im 21 years old and have had acne since I was 16. I went on Accuatne when I was 19 but broke out again about 6 months after. I then started using differin and benzaclin for 5 months the epiduo and a antibiotic for 3. Every day I still have a couple active acne spots. Nothing big just smallish blemishes or whiteheads. 5 days ago I ran out of Epiduo (took me a few days to get a refill because I wanted the rebate so I didnt pay full price) so I just started the Acne.org regimen while I waited instead of not using anything for a few day. I just got the epiduo today so should I start it again or just keep doing the Regimen. I did break out more than usual the past four days but it could have been from switching. I just dont know what to do because I wasnt 100% clear using epiduo but dont want it to get worse.

MemberMember
(@mikewill)

Posted : 11/01/2012 2:40 pm

Keep up with the Regimen. I am a former user of EpiDuo and had AMAZING results. I am using the Regimen now and have seen dramatic results as well. I say give it a try. If you don't see major improvement then return to the EpiDuo.

MemberMember
(@dt222)

Posted : 11/01/2012 4:38 pm

Having used both, I would say definitely stay on EpiDuo. The reason is that the regimen requires you to apply FAR more product to your face, and twice as often, with no better result (arguably worse for me). Combine the large amounts of BP with the moisturizer required, due to the quantity of BP, and you're really applying a significant amount of cream-based formula (see residue) every day. I found it weighs your skin down, dulls the skin, and is time consuming to apply. What I love about Epiduo is that you apply a VERY thin layer, once a day, that's it. And, IMO, it's a superior formula. Not only does it dry up blemishes, but I find that the retinoid component really seems to help the bring existing, deeper blemishes to a head. This may sound counterproductive, but it's really ideal, if you think about it in terms of getting clear. All in all, I think if you can afford Epiduo, that's your best bet by far.

MemberMember
(@mikewill)

Posted : 11/03/2012 1:21 pm

Not because someone had bad results with the Regimen means you will as well have bad results. Yes, The Regimen uses two lightweight gel based and cream based formulas. Applying both to the skin and leaving them on throughout the day helps kill acne causing bacteria 24/7. Of course, EpiDuo is an excellent product, but dont mix up the two treatments. If you have already started with The Regimen, continue with it and see how it goes. Make sure to check your diet, too.

MemberMember
(@drewfish01)

Posted : 07/27/2013 1:06 am

I like to bump this thread. My derm prescribed me epiduo as well. Should i use it as oppose to the regimen? From what i read, regimen is good but its very time consuming and it takes months to see results. But doesn't it say the same about epiduo?

Also i see people mention regimen takes lot of time as you need to apply it twice a day and wait after cleansing to put BP on and then wait for moisturizer... but don't you also have to do this as well with the epiduo? Do you need to put moisturizer after epiduo? If so, i guess the only difference is epiduo is only at night whereas dan's regimen is 2x a day?

MemberMember
(@acneisacurse)

Posted : 07/27/2013 8:01 am

I used Epiduo for 2 years before switching to the regimen, it's pretty good but I found that the regimen is FAR better at clearing acne. Yes it does take more time, but really not much more because you just have 1 more step which is moisturizing (and moisturizing mixed in with sunblock if you're doing it in the morning). Also, with Epiduo if you want to keep buying it you have to get it approved from your dermatologist multiple times.

MemberMember
(@drewfish01)

Posted : 07/27/2013 10:27 am

Did your face look different using epiduo vs the regimen? How long does one tube of epiduo last for before you buy another one?

MemberMember
(@kevindreed)

Posted : 07/30/2013 8:43 pm

Give epiduo about a month if it don't work then try the regimen. After tazorac didn't work for me for about 6 weeks I told my dermatologist and he switched me too something else. He told me the medicine was too strong. He never did find a solution for me but I did find a solution for myself on my own.