Notifications
Clear all

Would The Dermastamp/dermaroller Benefit Me? Please Help, Really Depressed *with Pictures*

MemberMember
(@nyla)

Posted : 10/20/2012 5:45 am

my acne seems to have lessened, hopefully it stays this way.. but i think i have icepick/boxcar/rolling scars... i dont mind the icepicks as much, they are very small but the other scars bother me!!! please tell me if they're deep or shallow?

post-163494-0-95968900-1350729916_thumb.

post-163494-0-95968900-1350729916_thumb.

MemberMember
(@sam)

Posted : 10/20/2012 6:47 am

Your scars are very shallow on you picture which may not show the true affect of your scars.I would recommend starting off with a tropical Retin A 0.05% cream instead of the gel,the gel is too harsh for the skin in my opinion and the cream works better.If that doesn't help try the Obagi regime with Retin A 0.05% cream.You could also try a skin peel like TCA acid if none of the above help you scars.Start off with a low % peel first then work your way upto a stronger acid peel if necessary.

Hope this helps,good luck.

MemberMember
(@nyla)

Posted : 10/20/2012 7:25 am

what do you mean? the way my scars look in that picture, is how they actually look in real life. i took a photo under the harshest lighting possible, with fluorescent light, right above my cheek. this is my left cheek, my right cheek does not have scars to quite the same extent. right cheek is a lot smoother. i have never used retin a, i don't think it would help with my scars? thanks for the suggestions though

MemberMember
(@sam)

Posted : 10/20/2012 6:59 pm

What is the point in coming on this site and asking for advice if your not going to take it.I'm sorry to have bothered you and i won't waste anymore of your time,bye.

MemberMember
(@dragz)

Posted : 10/20/2012 7:13 pm

You don't really have scars. You have some skin texture issues. He was right to recommend stuff like Retin-A or something along that line. It would be foolish to go for harsher procedures like dermastamping or dermarolling, because the risks wouldn't be worth the benefits.

MemberMember
(@nyla)

Posted : 10/21/2012 12:23 am

dragz: what do you mean skin texture issues? could you explain that for me? they look like scars to me because they're dented...why do you think retin-a would help my indentations in particular instead of dermarolling/stamping?

MemberMember
(@dragz)

Posted : 10/21/2012 3:42 am

If you REALLY took that picture under the worst lighting condition, then what you're seeing are not scars because they're not dented.

THESE are dents.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=42247

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=42246

You have some skin texture issues. Retin-A is good for that. You don't have any actual scars to fix, per se.

MemberMember
(@nyla)

Posted : 10/21/2012 5:32 am

thanks for the advice, but why would i be lying about taking my pictures in the worst lighting possible? i just want help, of course i'd try to provide the best pictures i could.. i took that picture under harsh fluorescent lighting, up close, where my scars usually look the worst.. but i think they are dented, just not very deep. don't you see the jagged lines/dents running through my skin?

i'll take your advice though, and try the retin-a.

MemberMember
(@michi31)

Posted : 10/21/2012 8:26 am

Does anyone else think they look more like hypertrophic scars?

MemberMember
(@nyla)

Posted : 10/21/2012 8:53 am

Does anyone else think they look more like hypertrophic scars?

i don't know about that. my skin doesnt feel raised.. why do you think they could be hypertrophic scars?

MemberMember
(@sanjoseskin)

Posted : 10/21/2012 12:56 pm

I'm not sure what everyone is talking about, those aren't raised. Most of your scars are very superficial and I think you will see a good improvement with a TCA peel, but I also think some of the deeper scars will not respond as well. I think something like deepFX to the area may give you better results. I've never had deepFX myself so I'm just speculating.

MemberMember
(@nyla)

Posted : 10/21/2012 7:13 pm

I'm not sure what everyone is talking about, those aren't raised. Most of your scars are very superficial and I think you will see a good improvement with a TCA peel, but I also think some of the deeper scars will not respond as well. I think something like deepFX to the area may give you better results. I've never had deepFX myself so I'm just speculating.

thanks for the advice! which scars do you think are deeper/shallower specifically?

MemberMember
(@liquid_ocelot)

Posted : 10/21/2012 7:33 pm

Some people on this site seem to think if you're not completely mutilated you don't have scars. She clearly has some indents, albeit minor ones and some pigmentation issues. I would say dermastamping is a good option, as long as you're cautious about it and use your common sense. Make sure your skin isn't irritated and start out with a 0.5mm stamp and see how your skin reacts. Use Terproline Professional or a Vitamin C serum as a moisturizer. If you like the results jump to a 1.0mm or 1.5mm.

MemberMember
(@austra)

Posted : 10/22/2012 9:57 am

Most of my scarring is like yours, except that I also have much deeper and bigger versions of those scattered around my face. Your scarring is very mild and I doubt most would notice. smile.png

I would say TCA peels or dermarolling might help, yes. Be sure to examine whatever you plan to do carefully, because your scarring is so minimal that it's not worth the risk of worsening your skin in any way. I'm going to try dermarolling and needling on my scars, and move on to more drastic measures (Deep FX) if I don't get results.

Some people on this site seem to think if you're not completely mutilated you don't have scars. She clearly has some indents, albeit minor ones and some pigmentation issues. I would say dermastamping is a good option, as long as you're cautious about it and use your common sense. Make sure your skin isn't irritated and start out with a 0.5mm stamp and see how your skin reacts. Use Terproline Professional or a Vitamin C serum as a moisturizer. If you like the results jump to a 1.0mm or 1.5mm.

MemberMember
(@liquid_ocelot)

Posted : 11/02/2012 12:44 am

Most of my scarring is like yours, except that I also have much deeper and bigger versions of those scattered around my face. Your scarring is very mild and I doubt most would notice. smile.png

I would say TCA peels or dermarolling might help, yes. Be sure to examine whatever you plan to do carefully, because your scarring is so minimal that it's not worth the risk of worsening your skin in any way. I'm going to try dermarolling and needling on my scars, and move on to more drastic measures (Deep FX) if I don't get results.

I've been meaning to ask this Liquid Ocelot, since it sounds like you've been getting good results with dermarolling. What kind of scars are you treating? For some reason I've thought they were rolling, but I'm not sure if I read that anywhere. Have you had any boxcars or scars similar to OP's that have responded well to your treatments? Thanks.

I had some pretty huge boxcars that are gone now, I only have one small one left that is proving to be rather stubborn but is less visible than before, only if you shine a light from behind can you see it. Now i'm mainly concentrating on perfecting the texture.

MemberMember
(@austra)

Posted : 11/02/2012 6:55 am

I've been meaning to ask this Liquid Ocelot, since it sounds like you've been getting good results with dermarolling. What kind of scars are you treating? For some reason I've thought they were rolling, but I'm not sure if I read that anywhere. Have you had any boxcars or scars similar to OP's that have responded well to your treatments? Thanks.

I had some pretty huge boxcars that are gone now, I only have one small one left that is proving to be rather stubborn but is less visible than before, only if you shine a light from behind can you see it. Now i'm mainly concentrating on perfecting the texture.

Oh, congratulations! That's fantastic. smile.png My scars are probably like your stubborn small one. They're quite small and shallow boxcars that have sharp edges that make them noticeable. I have the impression that they're very hard to treat in general.

I'm glad to hear you've got at least some improvement in that small one as well. I'm only really trying to improve and soften my scars enough that they wouldn't bother me (i.e. not expecting them to disappear), and I think I will give needling or dermarolling a go first.

MemberMember
(@dermarolling-girl)

Posted : 11/04/2012 8:43 pm

I see the scars. I am confused why someone would say they aren't scars. I have scars on both sides of my lips due to cystic acne but luckily they aren't too bad but bad enough to bother me. I have been dermarolling for 1 1/2 years and have had amazing results. I posted about my experience with dermarolling with pictures in another thread but I need to located the link and then I will post it here.