Notifications
Clear all

Masturbation And Acne While On Differin?

MemberMember
(@estranged)

Posted : 10/19/2012 11:49 pm

Hey everyone, I'm 15 I've been on differin since April this year and it's been working great. Foods don't seem to break me out while I'm on it either. A few months back, I read that masturbation affected acne in some people, and ever since then I've been scared to do it in fear of breaking out. I used to also be scared to eat all different types of food, because I read it all caused breakouts, which none of the foods did for me, but I'm still too scared to masturbate. The longest I've gone without masturbation was around 2 and a half months, not kidding. I was just wondering if cutting masturbation altogether is a good idea even though I don't believe it affects my acne? I hate feeling so scared of doing it, ugh. P.s, I've also been taking zinc tablets once daily for about 4 months.

MemberMember
(@o-havoc-o)

Posted : 10/20/2012 4:38 am

It's never affected mine.

It is unique to everyone.

My advice is start masturbating again and see if your acne gets worse.

Have fun lol

MemberMember
(@daftfrost)

Posted : 10/22/2012 8:19 pm

I'd personally suggest you to abstain from masturbation as much as possible, it has other health benefits other than just acne.

I can personally relate to it also, it's not the main factor but it increases the chance of developing acne by twice or more.

I don't buy how people say masturbate because its fun and pleasurable.

Moments of pleasure that last only few moments then pass away. No point really.

MemberMember
(@tuffluck)

Posted : 10/22/2012 9:01 pm

I remember earlier this year when I tried to stop masterbating and the longest I went was like 2 weeks. I nearly lost my mind. Yea.. not gonna try that again. But to each their own.

MemberMember
(@o-havoc-o)

Posted : 10/23/2012 3:06 am

I'd personally suggest you to abstain from masturbation as much as possible, it has other health benefits other than just acne.

I can personally relate to it also, it's not the main factor but it increases the chance of developing acne by twice or more.

I don't buy how people say masturbate because its fun and pleasurable.

Moments of pleasure that last only few moments then pass away. No point really.

Firstly. Masturbation is awesome biggrin.png

Secondly, where is your proof that masturbation increases the chance of getting acne twice as much?

What about all the people who frequently masturbate and never had a single spot in their lives?

These claims that i hear all too often are too generic and no conclusive evidence to back it up.

It's different for everyone its not one glove fits all.

MemberMember
(@estranged)

Posted : 10/24/2012 1:37 am

Last year when I had light acne, I wasn't so worried about it and masturbated every day or every other day, and it didn't make my acne worse. But this year after taking doxycycline in made my acne a lot worse and I read up that masturbation affected acne in some people, I've stayed away from doing it ever since.. :/