Notifications
Clear all

Acne Scars Are Ruining My Life ! Pictures Included

MemberMember
(@ilikemakeup)

Posted : 10/19/2012 3:17 pm

Hey guys,

I™m seriously upset and I™ve lost hope in finding anything to cover/treat/help my acne scars.

I™ve stopped getting acne (touch wood) but I can™t find anything to help me cover them (concealer or foundation) cause they just sink into the dents and the marks peek through all the time, i™ve tried primers nothing fills in the dents, I™m just so lost and depressed I can™t get that flawless look. icon_sad.gif

I™m hoping someone could recommend some products for my scars, I™m not interested in surgery at the moment, I™m making it my last resort, I need to find a good skin care routine, to help fade them and get my beautiful skin back.

Maybe you could recommend some products to cover them up too.

Hope someone can help.. I™m really upset about it icon_sad.gif

I™m including some pictures of my scars :

http://tinypic.com/r/b8rbyx/6

http://tinypic.com/r/qx3xhd/6

Thanks xoxo

MemberMember
(@rachelx7)

Posted : 10/19/2012 6:06 pm

No product will fill in the indentations. Use glycolic acid to help exfoliate layers of skin more quickly... the redness will fade over time. Use makeup to even skin tone but don't obsess about making them disappear. When you go that far, you are risking clogging pores and looking too fake with loads of concealer. Just use mineral foundation to even it out a bit. You will look great. Don't obsess! Nobody cares if your skin isn't perfect. They'll be looking at the big picture. Smile... Dress nice... focus on your hair.... and Eye makeup helps a LOT! surprised.gif

MemberMember
(@ana124)

Posted : 10/19/2012 6:38 pm

Your scars still look pinkish so I guess they are fairly new? You are young and your skin may continue to heal and those indents fill in by themselves. If you are not using a topical retinoid you might want to try Retin-a (tretinoin- it has a few different brand names). Retin-a triggers receptors in the dermis to produce more collagen - it can take 6 months or so to see an improvement but someone I know had really good results getting indents to fil in with Retin-a

MemberMember
(@a-p)

Posted : 10/19/2012 11:15 pm

Some glycolic peels might help! I'm no expert but I think it would be worth doin a little research on.

MemberMember
(@remyhelps123)

Posted : 10/19/2012 11:40 pm

You can always get dermal fillers like Restylane. They fill up the skin beneath the scar to make it raised and even with the rest of your skin.. I've done the procedure twice and even though it was expensive it worked like a charm and people noticed a huge difference in my appearance and so did I. :)

MemberMember
(@sweetandsour)

Posted : 10/20/2012 12:09 am

The pink color will fade eventually, but the dents most likely will not. Usually they're permanent unless you treat them, of course. However, there's no method I'm aware of for really fixing them without breaking skin. Perhaps needling will help (it has helped me) but I don't know if your scars are too fresh for that.