Notifications
Clear all

My Severe Scarring. Subcision? (Pictures)

MemberMember
(@sverd)

Posted : 10/19/2012 12:06 pm

Hey, a few years ago I had a really bad bout of cystic acne and it left me with these severe scars on both sides of my face. They're quite widespread. 2.5 years ago I had Fraxel Repair done and while there may have been some improvement, it wasn't significant. Based on what I've seen it seems like subcision seems best for my severe scarring? I've already made an appointment with a dermatologist in my area who performs it. I want to stay away from from lasers and temporary solutions like fillers.

post-38238-0-95255600-1350775810_thumb.j

post-38238-0-03168800-1350775816_thumb.j

post-38238-0-95255600-1350775810_thumb.j

post-38238-0-03168800-1350775816_thumb.j

MemberMember
(@lovegreensmoothies)

Posted : 10/19/2012 4:12 pm

It looks like it would help for some of them.

MemberMember
(@zaak27)

Posted : 10/19/2012 4:52 pm

i had the same scars. i did 3 subcisions with a great improvment some of the scars i cant see them no more. im glad i never did lazers. good luck

MemberMember
(@sverd)

Posted : 10/19/2012 8:21 pm

Should I specifically ask for subcision without filler? I may want to try just subcision alone a few times to see how it works out. I also spoke to a plastic surgeon who told me subcision alone doesn't do much and should be combined with liposculpture/fat injections.

MemberMember
(@sverd)

Posted : 10/19/2012 9:05 pm

i had the same scars. i did 3 subcisions with a great improvment some of the scars i cant see them no more. im glad i never did lazers. good luck

Did you do subcision alone or in combination with something else like filler or laser?

MemberMember
(@sanjoseskin)

Posted : 10/20/2012 12:38 pm

Should I specifically ask for subcision without filler? I may want to try just subcision alone a few times to see how it works out. I also spoke to a plastic surgeon who told me subcision alone doesn't do much and should be combined with liposculpture/fat injections.

Subcision alone doesn't do much? LOL, go find a new doctor. Also, I don't reccomend going to a plastic surgeon for acne scars, go to a dermatologist. Subcision alone, after several rounds will produce good results, although yes the results could probably be better or quicker with a filler/fat injection.

What is liposculpture, I've never heard of this being performed on the face?

MemberMember
(@sverd)

Posted : 10/20/2012 10:28 pm

If I do get subcision, can I get it all over the sides of my face? Because as you can see, my scars cover large areas.

MemberMember
(@zaak27)

Posted : 10/22/2012 10:23 pm

i had subcision only no fillers sverd. but i did the suction method last 2 subcisions. good luck

MemberMember
(@dc-girl-3)

Posted : 10/24/2012 7:55 pm

Why

Subcision alone doesn't do much? LOL, go find a new doctor. Also, I don't reccomend going to a plastic surgeon for acne scars, go to a dermatologist. Subcision alone, after several rounds will produce good results, although yes the results could probably be better or quicker with a filler/fat injection.

MemberMember
(@sverd)

Posted : 10/26/2012 10:39 am

I've visited two plastic surgeons so far. One of them asked a price of 2k for subcision alone. The other plastic surgeon seemed more genuine even though his office wasn't as Hollywood-esque. Still waiting for a price quote from him. The fact that he had some acne scarring himself also made him seem more relatable to me.

What device should I use to perform suction if I get subcision done and how should it be carried out?

MemberMember
(@tricia)

Posted : 10/26/2012 11:09 am

You might be interested in this: http://shop.owndoc.com/product-info.php?suction-pump-scars-pid212.html

I am thinking of purchasing one. I have order dermastamps from the site in the past and they are good.

MemberMember
(@mr-matt)

Posted : 10/26/2012 11:12 am

I've visited two plastic surgeons so far. One of them asked a price of 2k for subcision alone. The other plastic surgeon seemed more genuine even though his office wasn't as Hollywood-esque. Still waiting for a price quote from him. The fact that he had some acne scarring himself also made him seem more relatable to me.

What device should I use to perform suction if I get subcision done and how should it be carried out?

I think that $2,000 for a single round of subcision seems exorbinate to me. All things considered, it is a relatively simple and 'low skill' procedure for an MD to perform. I would shop around for a better price. I paid $400.00 for my last procedure.

I used the nozzle from an Oreck hand-held vacuum sweeper to suction my face with great results. See my thread for more information.

MemberMember
(@pumpkin21)

Posted : 10/26/2012 11:39 am

i had subcision only no fillers sverd. but i did the suction method last 2 subcisions. good luck

What is the suction method, how do you do it post subcision?

MemberMember
(@sverd)

Posted : 10/31/2012 10:44 am

I can't decide on whether to get it done or not. I feel a bit anxious about the idea of needles going in my face. At this point I just don't want to make anything worse.

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 11/20/2012 12:24 am

Wow.... $2000? That's pretty obscene. No wonder so many of us become cynical with doctors. I agree with the other posters that you should shop around for a more reasonable price. For that price you should be able to get multiple sessions or a couple sessions with filler from a more honest doctor.

MemberMember
(@quirky-fox)

Posted : 11/20/2012 5:08 am

I can't decide on whether to get it done or not. I feel a bit anxious about the idea of needles going in my face. At this point I just don't want to make anything worse.

That fear may stop you from ever finding the treatment that works for you my friend. Don't be scared! Tackle those scars head on and don't look back. All you need is to be smart about it. Subscision is your best bet at this point, so research the heck out of the procedure and scour the earth for a doctor willing and capable of getting you the results you're after. Trust me they do exist.

I have one long rolling scar on my left cheek which is similar to the one on your right (I think it's your right, hehe). I am currently half way through a series of 6 Dermaroller treatments and if I don't see the results I want after that then I will be doing subscision. No question. I'm already researching the procedure and looking at clinics here that perform it.

Our acne scars are our enemies and what better way to beat them than to, "know thy enemy"? Cheesy, but true! :D

MemberMember
(@fruitbiscuits)

Posted : 11/21/2012 9:17 am

$2000 for sub is way too much...I'll find another doctor if I were you...try to get more opinions from different doctors. I believe you could definatly benefit from sub treatment with an experienced and skilled doctor.

Good luck OP!