Notifications
Clear all

Make-Up For Men...would You Do It?

MemberMember
(@allanb)

Posted : 10/19/2012 2:17 am

These pus-filled volcanoes of revulsion have not been a help with the ladies. In a bid to stave of the likely possibility of dying a virgin I've ordered myself a kit of Men Pen. The raw and inexorable force of nature that is my manliness has suffered somewhat ...alas it is what it is.

Anyone else ever consider this dark & emasculating path?

MemberMember
(@randall-flagg)

Posted : 10/19/2012 2:51 am

Not only have I done it in the past, but if ever my breakouts get really bad in the future, I'll happily do it again knowing that I have that option. There's absolutely no reason for make-up for men to be taboo in today's modern culture. It's just another tool to be used in the battle against acne.

Every male heartthrob in Hollywood wears make-up. Guys who are the absolute pinnacle of manliness that women have lusted over for ages. Johnny Depp, Brad Pitt...etc etc. They all have one thing in common, and that's the fact that they wear non-noticeable makeup. Think of another example of epic manliness that women go crazy for...rock stars. Rock Stars are the KINGS of wearing make-up...and they've done it for god knows how long...and it doesn't affect their man cards in the slightest. As a matter of fact, they get a ridiculous amount of girls.

I look at it this way...if girls can utilize make-up to cover up acne, then guys can do it too. It's 2012...these are progressive times, and anyone who has a problem with a dude taking advantage of a tool to cover up his blemishes is a prude and a hypocrite.

MemberMember
(@lightersup)

Posted : 10/19/2012 3:02 am

The term "makeup" usually brings up thoughts of lipstick, mascara, eye shadow, etc. so I think that's why it has a negative stigma with guys. If you use a bit of foundation on red spots then that's fine, as long as you blend it properly. Just don't go overboard and end up with a cake face. That would look ridiculous especially on a guy.

MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 10/19/2012 3:37 am

I think it's fine for a man to decide to wear makeup if that's going to help him feel more confident etc. That's why I wear makeup. As long as it's not caked on and is a good match to your skin tone then it really shouldn't be an issue. It's not something that should be an issue for anyone these days - if someone wants to wear makeup then that's their choice and so be it. Doesn't concern anyone else. So go for it if it's what you want to do! :)

But I have to share this because the thread title reminded me of it and I'm a 'friends' fan :P

MemberMember
(@o-havoc-o)

Posted : 10/19/2012 4:25 am

These pus-filled volcanoes of revulsion have not been a help with the ladies. In a bid to stave of the likely possibility of dying a virgin I've ordered myself a kit of Men Pen. The raw and inexorable force of nature that is my manliness has suffered somewhat ...alas it is what it is.

Anyone else ever consider this dark & emasculating path?

Firstly. Nice description of acne lol

Secondly make up won't help you pop your cherry anytime soon.

You want to get with a girl then be yourself and let your personality win her over. Don't be something you're not. It's the best advice i can give anyone.

All the best.

MemberMember
(@rawhide)

Posted : 10/19/2012 5:58 am

I use small amount of this cover cream that "melts" well to my skin tone. It's designed for acne skin and doesn't clog pores. It improves appearance and hides some of the redness. As long as I don't use it too much it's very hard to notice. I've even examined it in different lightings lol.

MemberMember
(@ilovemesomevanity)

Posted : 10/20/2012 1:19 am

uhhh i still think its kind of weird (unless youre gay, like the stereotypical gay. then its adorable haha), but i wouldnt judge or anything if i saw a guy wearing makeup.

i just dont think you should get used to hiding behind makeup, you can become really dependent on it. its better for guys anyways, i feel like if i went around barefaced people would think like "why doesnt she wear makeup?" but no one expects guys to wear it

MemberMember
(@andrewbleah)

Posted : 10/20/2012 1:35 am

uhhh i still think its kind of weird (unless youre gay, like the stereotypical gay. then its adorable haha), but i wouldnt judge or anything if i saw a guy wearing makeup.

i just dont think you should get used to hiding behind makeup, you can become really dependent on it. its better for guys anyways, i feel like if i went around barefaced people would think like "why doesnt she wear makeup?" but no one expects guys to wear it

Noone it's gettingused to hiding behind makeup , I would't use makeup if I haven't acne, we just wait until our acne/red marks clear/fade so we don't have to do it anymore

MemberMember
(@ilovemesomevanity)

Posted : 10/20/2012 1:37 am

Noone it's gettingused to hiding behind makeup , I would't use makeup if I haven't acne, we just wait until our acne/red marks clear/fade so we don't have to do it anymore

lulz thats what ive been saying for over 6 years

MemberMember
(@andrewbleah)

Posted : 10/20/2012 1:40 am

uh , that can't be good.What have u been using?

MemberMember
(@ilovemesomevanity)

Posted : 10/20/2012 1:49 am

ikr haha its not like its super rare though, started when i was 12 and im 18 now. ive used a bunch of different stuff, mostly over the counter, but right now since july ive been on retina micro and aczone, and they were working before but ive been breaking out recently, probably from lack of sleep (college apps T_T) i got the clarisonic about a week ago, and ive been using it every third day so far so i can try to ease into it. aaaand yeah, the end lol

MemberMember
(@andrewbleah)

Posted : 10/20/2012 1:55 am

ikr haha its not like its super rare though, started when i was 12 and im 18 now. ive used a bunch of different stuff, mostly over the counter, but right now since july ive been on retina micro and aczone, and they were working before but ive been breaking out recently, probably from lack of sleep (college apps T_T) i got the clarisonic about a week ago, and ive been using it every third day so far so i can try to ease into it. aaaand yeah, the end lol

Ah I think ur acne is mild, I would't worry to much about it:D

MemberMember
(@ilovemesomevanity)

Posted : 10/20/2012 2:28 am

Ah I think ur acne is mild, I would't worry to much about it:D

thanks! yeah its pretty much mild-moderate i think

MemberMember
(@rawhide)

Posted : 10/21/2012 6:34 am

Well at least we have a good reason to do it. It's not the most masculine thing to do but in my opinion fake tans, coloring hair, teeth whitenings, skinny bright jeans etc. are worse in that regard than a little cover to give you healthier appearance.

MemberMember
(@ilovemesomevanity)

Posted : 10/22/2012 12:22 am

Well at least we have a good reason to do it. It's not the most masculine thing to do but in my opinion fake tans, coloring hair, teeth whitenings, skinny bright jeans etc. are worse in that regard than a little cover to give you healthier appearance.

im not talking about how its not masculine, i mean like idk how it would be for you but as a girl im really dependent on makeup and covering my face, i cant leave the house without "putting on my face" lol. im just saying like you dont want to get into that cycle where you cant go outside without covering your acne