Been Clear On Regim...

Notifications
Clear all

Been Clear On Regimen For The Last 3 1/2 Months Or So, Can I Cut Down On Bp To Just Once A Day?

MemberMember
(@kiton23)

Posted : 10/18/2012 10:48 pm

After a bad series of breakouts at the beginning of the year, i followed the Regimen with drugstore products, 1. Cetaphil Gentle Ceanser, Neutrogena on the spot 2.5 BP and cetaphil moisturizer. It worked great but took about 5-6 months to get completely clear. Its been about 3 1/2 months of having no new acne or breakouts at all, cross my fingers. Now I am concentrating on fading and getting rid of the marks left behind by my previous acne. I am giving manuka honey a try and using 100% aloe vera gel as my moisturizer at night. I also know the use of BP can slow down the healing process of acne marks and make it harder for the marks to go away. I was wondering if its a good idea to just cut down the BP usage to once daily. Preferably just apply in the mornings. I won't be cutting out BP completely because from past experience, Acne seems to come back with a vengeance, at least for me, when i totally cut out BP use. Had to learn the hard way twice.

Anyway, just wanted some insight from anyone who was or is on the regimen and thought about or attempted to cut down on BP usage. If anyone is interested, this is my regimen.

Mornings

1. cetahphil Gentle cleanser

2. Neutro on the spot 2.5

3. Garnier Moisture Rescue with spf 15 ( for those who are in search of a good moisturizer, I have been using this for the last 3 weeks and it has been a great moisturizer) - i have tried cetaphil wth spf 15 and aveno with spf 30.... both leave your face extra oily and shiny. Aveno stings and caues tears if applied near the eyes. The Garnier is very light, does have a bit of fragrance, which i know some may not like, but overall is the best moisturizer i have used. It also has great reviews compared to other leading brand moisturizers.

Evenings

1. Cetaphil Gentle cleanser in shower

2. Manuka honey + 16, leave it on for 30 min

3. Lily of the desert Aloe Vera soothing moisturizer as evening moisturizer.

So i have been leaving out the BP in the evenings for the last 5 days. So far so good, I am just worried breakouts may return.

Any insight would be great. Thanks Acne.org Peeps

MemberMember
(@fatbatkiller)

Posted : 10/19/2012 10:24 am

I would give it a go!

either that, or continue to use BP in both the morning and evening, but less of it. (that's what I did)

Best of luck!

MemberMember
(@maximus-decimus-merideous)

Posted : 10/19/2012 10:35 am

After a bad series of breakouts at the beginning of the year, i followed the Regimen with drugstore products, 1. Cetaphil Gentle Ceanser, Neutrogena on the spot 2.5 BP and cetaphil moisturizer. It worked great but took about 5-6 months to get completely clear. Its been about 3 1/2 months of having no new acne or breakouts at all, cross my fingers. Now I am concentrating on fading and getting rid of the marks left behind by my previous acne. I am giving manuka honey a try and using 100% aloe vera gel as my moisturizer at night. I also know the use of BP can slow down the healing process of acne marks and make it harder for the marks to go away. I was wondering if its a good idea to just cut down the BP usage to once daily. Preferably just apply in the mornings. I won't be cutting out BP completely because from past experience, Acne seems to come back with a vengeance, at least for me, when i totally cut out BP use. Had to learn the hard way twice.

Anyway, just wanted some insight from anyone who was or is on the regimen and thought about or attempted to cut down on BP usage. If anyone is interested, this is my regimen.

Mornings

1. cetahphil Gentle cleanser

2. Neutro on the spot 2.5

3. Garnier Moisture Rescue with spf 15 ( for those who are in search of a good moisturizer, I have been using this for the last 3 weeks and it has been a great moisturizer) - i have tried cetaphil wth spf 15 and aveno with spf 30.... both leave your face extra oily and shiny. Aveno stings and caues tears if applied near the eyes. The Garnier is very light, does have a bit of fragrance, which i know some may not like, but overall is the best moisturizer i have used. It also has great reviews compared to other leading brand moisturizers.

Evenings

1. Cetaphil Gentle cleanser in shower

2. Manuka honey + 16, leave it on for 30 min

3. Lily of the desert Aloe Vera soothing moisturizer as evening moisturizer.

So i have been leaving out the BP in the evenings for the last 5 days. So far so good, I am just worried breakouts may return.

Any insight would be great. Thanks Acne.org Peeps

Good job! The good thing about getting clear on the regimen and sticking with it for 3 months is that you can now experiment! Try to leave out BP once a day, if that doesn't work just go back on the full amount of BP until your are clear again, and then try something else (Perhaps try less BP twice a day like batkiller suggested). You got through the hard part, now you are rewarded by being able to experiment. Current like about 1/4 to 1/2 a pump of BP twice a day, and it seems to get the job done (though I am not on Dan's regimen atm, im doing my own thing). Good luck!

MemberMember
(@kiton23)

Posted : 10/19/2012 6:32 pm

thanks, much appreciated

MemberMember
(@kiton23)

Posted : 10/19/2012 9:06 pm

anyone tried sulfur mask as an alternate to BP. May use a sulfur mask in the evening times. I know it is much less harsh than BP but pretty good at fighting acne. The formally known dermify, which is not selling anymore, but supposedly curactin is the original source. Just an idea, anyone ever have any success?

MemberMember
(@rush25)

Posted : 10/20/2012 11:47 am

You'll never know unless you try it. Just try the BP once a day, and if you experience an increase in breakouts then you'll know you need to continue using BP twice a day.

MemberMember
(@doodleme123)

Posted : 01/12/2013 4:13 pm

anyone tried sulfur mask as an alternate to BP. May use a sulfur mask in the evening times. I know it is much less harsh than BP but pretty good at fighting acne. The formally known dermify, which is not selling anymore, but supposedly curactin is the original source. Just an idea, anyone ever have any success?

Why is it not selling anymore? (Dermify). And I found its ingredients:

*Active Ingredient/100% Natural: Sulfur Colloid (5%) **Other Ingredients/100% Natural: Purified Water, Fullers Earth, Kaolin, Bentonite, Micronized Diatomaceous Earth, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract, Xanthan Gum, Spiraea Ulmaria (Meadowsweet) Flower Extract, Salix Alba (White Willow) Bark Extract, Thymus Vulgaris (Thyme) Extract, Olea Europaea (Olive) Leaf Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower Extract, Hydrastis Canadensis (Goldenseal) Root Extract, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot)Fruit Oil, Cananga Odorata (Ylang Ylang) Flower Oil, Calendula Officinalis (Calendula) Flower Extract, Arnica Montana (Arnica) Flower Extract. ***Contains NO: Parabens, Phthalates, Soaps, Sulfates, Petrochemicals, Colorants, Fillers, Synthetic Fragrance.

MemberMember
(@michellekl77)

Posted : 01/13/2013 2:10 pm

Congrats on being clear for 3 1/2 months on the regimen! For red marks left behind from acne you should try dan's AHA+, i've been using it for a week or so and so far it is working wonders on my acne and scarring. As for cutting down on the BP, id say give it a try and if you start to get breakouts again just go back to bp twice a day. Best of Luck!

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 01/13/2013 10:23 pm

I do what Michelle ^ says. I apply BP once a day but I find every 3-4 weeks I notice my forehead starting to get a few under-skin bumps so I just apply BP twice a day for 3-4 days and then back to once a day. Seems to work perfectly for me.

Like above posters have said, once you're clear you can start to experiment to see what continues to work for you. Good luck with it all smile.png