Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
chelslaw

Could My Keritosis Pilaris & Acne Be Related?

just thinking out loud.

i have KP on my upper arms, going gluten free has helped it TREMENDOUSLY but not so much so for my inflamed hormonal acne.

is there a chance that the two are connected somehow? KP is when keratin forms hard plugs within hair follicles, could that be whats happening on my chin as well?

just a thought.... any ideas? does that mean i should treat it any differently than normal acne?

Yes! I judge the inflammation in my body based on if I have KP on my upper arms or not and how bad it is. When I eat foods I am not allergic to my arms are perfectly smooth, if I eat something I'm allergic to I get the small bumps and if I keep eating things I'm allergic to I get bumps all over my upper arms. They are completely connected.

I don't have much acne anymore, but developed KP on my upper arms over the last 5 years. After trying many remedies, I am finally seeing results with Retin-A. What a relief.

Edited by gingergirl22

Thanks!

Unfortunately although my arms are smooth from gluten, my face is still inflamed and hormonal nodules on my chin.

Have you tried OTC products on your face?

Gentle cleanser, leave-on BHA and light moisturizer. But if it's hormonal, you might have to go to the derm or your regular doctors because BCP probably work best for that kind of break-outs.

ive been on BCP for 15 years. just started saw palmetto 3 weeks ago too to help hormones

the most success i seem to have it dans regimen but i swap out BP in the morning for clindisol antibaterial prescription cream