Notifications
Clear all

Is There Hope..?

MemberMember
(@fsas)

Posted : 10/18/2012 10:22 pm

Is there hope for acne sufferers within the next 2-3,4 years? Research wise? Just curious if anyone knows of any actual research or developments that is continuing in the form of a new treatment that might actually be affective? Everything I've been following seemed to have phased away

MemberMember
(@betterness24)

Posted : 10/18/2012 10:35 pm

This is me just talking because i'm tired.

I think there already is an amazing cure out there.. something that can help all forms and levels of acne.

But I also think releasing that type of information would wreak havoc on pharmaceutical companies, dermatologist offices, doctor salaries, acne meds, etc...

Companies making money from acne want to treat the symptoms, not the underlining cause. Why would they release a cure all to the public?

Could there be some truth to this?

... to all other professional readers, please give FSAS a better answer lol

MemberMember
(@sum1killme)

Posted : 10/24/2012 10:48 am

I think there already is an amazing cure out there.. something that can help all forms and

levels of acne.

But I also think releasing that type of information would wreak havoc on pharmaceutical companies, dermatologist offices, doctor

salaries, acne meds, etc...

Companies making money from acne want to treat the symptoms, not the underlining cause.

Why would they release a cure all to the public?

... to all other professional readers, please

give FSAS a better answer lol

100% agree.

MemberMember
(@betterness24)

Posted : 10/24/2012 11:35 am

it's the 21st century.. I think science is playing dumb lol

MemberMember
(@miss-soloist)

Posted : 10/26/2012 6:09 pm

There is a new treatment in development based on Phage Viruses that live in the skin which 'eat' P.acnes.

Check the link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-19702511

MemberMember
(@fsas)

Posted : 11/12/2012 1:29 am

There is a new treatment in development based on Phage Viruses that live in the skin which 'eat' P.acnes.

Check the link: http://www.bbc.co.uk...health-19702511

thanks for the link.

hm I doubt that would be available at least for the next 5-10 years like most treatments that have been in the works (most never really heard much from again after 1-3 years) which kinda sucks :/

MemberMember
(@crashoran)

Posted : 12/09/2012 10:59 pm

I would literally give up all my assets and be forever in debt to any company or product that could cure my acne.

MemberMember
(@pickleshmickle)

Posted : 12/30/2012 2:57 am

I think there already is an amazing cure out there.. something that can help all forms and levels of acne.

But I also think releasing that type of information would wreak havoc on pharmaceutical companies, dermatologist offices, doctor salaries, acne meds, etc...

Companies making money from acne want to treat the symptoms, not the underlining cause. Why would they release a cure all to the public?

... to all other professional readers, please give FSAS a better answer lol

Yea, this is probably true in many cases; discoveries are made and people are bought out. But science is a unstoppable force that is constantly evolving. With the help of the internet, I would wager that some smart guy will find a safe and effective treatment, ask for a certain amount of donation from the people (a few million would suffice), and then share the secret with the world.

MemberMember
(@blife)

Posted : 01/06/2013 6:34 am

I really hope that there is hope for us who suffer from acne. But I think that world is too corupted and all that people want is money. Why would cosmetical factories and lobbys allow this medicine which would cure acne to come out? Imagine how much money do they get from us when we buy creams and pills... I think that acne people hold up the economy. I really hope that there are still doctors and scientist who will someday resarch a medicine and make all us happy.

MemberMember
(@blottedscience)

Posted : 01/09/2013 3:48 pm

I think today its very hard to fight with acne, when you are attacked buy unhealthy food, pollution, alcohol everywhere, ciggarett and all that stuff which cause our problem. And even things like computer, TV. Many people sit in front of computer all day because of job... and they come back home and sit again. Turn on TV. No motion, fresh air...