Yay 1St Day On Dkr ...

Notifications
Clear all

Yay 1St Day On Dkr Regimen! To Cure My Cystic Acne !

MemberMember
(@abybar)

Posted : 10/18/2012 6:46 pm

Hello my name is Bea Aby and today is my 1st day starting the regimen :)

I was inspired by a pen pal i met on the org. her user name is "Thereisalwayshope" Love her !!!!

Im 22 yrs old female btw . and im currently with 10 actives with many blemishes and scars left over from previous acne.

On a day to day basis i will write down my experience with the regimen to either help people get on it or discourage them from it he-he! Im hopeful that it will do wonders. Im EXCITED !!!!!

MemberMember
(@brandolynn)

Posted : 10/18/2012 7:18 pm

Good luck! Remember to follow it strictly for best results. Watch Dan's videos a few times through before you start.

http://www.acne.org/video.html

And print off this checklist.

http://www.acne.org/checklist.html

Also, keep in mind that this is not a cure but a way to clear up and manage your acne. It works as long as you continue using it.

MemberMember
(@tuffluck)

Posted : 10/18/2012 7:56 pm

Oh Hi Bea. Im alex. nice to meet you.

AbyBar liked
MemberMember
(@abybar)

Posted : 10/18/2012 8:03 pm

Oh Hi Bea. Im alex. nice to meet you.

ALEX HELLOOOO NICE TO MEET YOU rolleyes.gif

Good luck! Remember to follow it strictly for best results. Watch Dan's videos a few times through before you start.

http://www.acne.org/video.html

And print off this checklist.

http://www.acne.org/checklist.html

Also, keep in mind that this is not a cure but a way to clear up and manage your acne. It works as long as you continue using it.

TAHNK YOU .

i absolutely am aware that it is not a cure but hopefully it can control these breakouts. thanks again !

MemberMember
(@tuffluck)

Posted : 10/18/2012 9:04 pm

HEYYY NICE TO MEET YOU TOOOOOO. zomggggggggg

MemberMember
(@abybar)

Posted : 10/18/2012 9:17 pm

HEYYY NICE TO MEET YOU TOOOOOO. zomggggggggg

Make sure to follow my progress :)

on this journey !

MemberMember
(@tuffluck)

Posted : 10/18/2012 9:58 pm

ohhh kaaay doh kay

MemberMember
(@wearemadeofstardust)

Posted : 10/18/2012 11:30 pm

Hi Bea,

I hope DKR will work successfully for you! :3

MemberMember
(@abybar)

Posted : 10/18/2012 11:54 pm

Hi Bea,

I hope DKR will work successfully for you! :3

Thank you so much hifive.gif

I hope so to, it is all i have left !! to try !!!

MemberMember
(@kiton23)

Posted : 10/19/2012 1:01 am

hey, i followed DKR to the tee for about 5 months before getting completely cleared, but it definitely works. Don't get discouraged as things may tend to get a bit worst in the initial stages. Seems like the majority of DKR users went through that phase. Be patient, positive, and try not to convince your mind that its gonna be a miracle cure. But if you stay consistent and always remember to moisturize, a mistake i was making in the beginning stages, you will in time definitely have your acne under control. Good luck.

AbyBar liked
MemberMember
(@abybar)

Posted : 10/19/2012 11:32 am

hey, i followed DKR to the tee for about 5 months before getting completely cleared, but it definitely works. Don't get discouraged as things may tend to get a bit worst in the initial stages. Seems like the majority of DKR users went through that phase. Be patient, positive, and try not to convince your mind that its gonna be a miracle cure. But if you stay consistent and always remember to moisturize, a mistake i was making in the beginning stages, you will in time definitely have your acne under control. Good luck.

Thanks for your input it is greatly appreciated

Yes definitely i will moisturize :D

even though i have oily skin, i dont care i know that the BP will soon dry the hell out of my skin. Im really excited to begin this journey. As one of my friends on the .org got clear to dkr in 3 months. Awesome.

MemberMember
(@murph89)

Posted : 10/19/2012 3:23 pm

Hi hello Good luck. Some people benefit from posting pictures on a weekly basis to track their skin's progress and for others to see your progress.

MemberMember
(@abybar)

Posted : 10/20/2012 11:56 am

Hi people so i am on Day 3 of dkr.

DAY 3 :me Im experiencing some itchiness, some initial breakouts but some small bumps. No redness or flaking of the skin yet. However it is still too soon to see any improvements. My face still looks a bit beat haha but im faithful that this will clear me up rolleyes.gif

Ps. Hoping everyone has a great day today !!!

MemberMember
(@abybar)

Posted : 10/21/2012 12:10 pm

Happy Sunday :)

DAY 4: I am experiencing some not so good itchiness on my skin, not that much flakiness yet but my skin is dry . I can feel its rough. Mild redness but not too red. Hmm i wonder if im using enough bp. I started with 1/2 of a pump. Well still praying that this helps my acne yay :D

Be blessed !

MemberMember
(@lizhernandez)

Posted : 10/22/2012 2:23 pm

Good luck!! :D I've been thinking about trying it out but I'm not sure yet :/

MemberMember
(@abybar)

Posted : 10/22/2012 6:28 pm

Good luck!! biggrin.png I've been thinking about trying it out but I'm not sure yet :/

Well its just a matter of determination and the regimen does sound a bit scary but im hoping that in the end its all worth the side effects. What regimen are you currently on ?

DAY 5 : I am experiencing some redness, flakiness and stinging sensation ouch ! I have developed some small bumps on my chin im not sure if this is a part of the purging process of the regimen but my face looks awful. Thats because my skin is red which is highlighting my blemishes even more darker.My skin is flaking a little so but the stinging is not severe just when i apply the BP. It hurts and burns a bit. Im hoping these side effects subside soon enough. I have about 10 active lesions with small bumps on my chin. Still trying to build up the courage to take a picture :( Im working on it though .

MemberMember
(@brandolynn)

Posted : 10/22/2012 7:52 pm

Hang in there. The first few weeks are typically the hardest. Be very generous with the moisturizer and extra jojoba oil drops if you have any. Here's the typical progress timeline. http://www.acne.org/whattoexpect.html

MemberMember
(@abybar)

Posted : 10/22/2012 8:20 pm

Hang in there. The first few weeks are typically the hardest. Be very generous with the moisturizer and extra jojoba oil drops if you have any. Here's the typical progress timeline. http://www.acne.org/whattoexpect.html

Awesome thank you so much. There is no giving up. I will pull through it. Thank you teehee.gifsurprised.gif

MemberMember
(@swj48)

Posted : 10/22/2012 11:53 pm

good luck. all i can say is that it definitely works for clearing your acne if followed exactly as dan prescribes. however, it can be rough. words of wisdom for your first 6 months or so: the more moisturizer the better. use jojoba oil if you need to.

AbyBar liked
MemberMember
(@abybar)

Posted : 10/23/2012 11:46 am

good luck. all i can say is that it definitely works for clearing your acne if followed exactly as dan prescribes. however, it can be rough. words of wisdom for your first 6 months or so: the more moisturizer the better. use jojoba oil if you need to.

Absolutely :) I find myself moisturizing to calm the itchiness !!! Thanks for your kind words my friend.

DAY 6 : So my skin is really dry at the moment in some parts of my face mainly where i have acne and the itchiness has calmed down. Maybe moisturizing has contributed to the decrease in discomfort. Well im currently using 1/2 of a pump of the BP and i have about 9 active lesions. Gross. There is some mild redness. No make-up to conceal because it wouldn't look nice right about now. haha . Oh well have to be brave .

PS. Still very excited and im sure this will calm and control my acne :D

Be blessed people.

MemberMember
(@abybar)

Posted : 10/25/2012 11:51 am

DAY 7 Finally a week into the regimen and let me just say its been difficult last night i couldn't sleep because my face was in pain due to the bp. I took an Ibuprofen and eventually i was able to fall asleep. My skin is still very dry, flaking, the redness appears to be subsiding. Hooray :D

Tonight i will increase my BP dosage from 1/2 to 1 1/2 of a pump. I have gotten new pimples during the regimen but luckily they aren't cysts. I hate those 'effers. But it seems that the BP dries them out uber quick and there gone within 2 days. Thats a relief. So cheers * to anyone that is sticking to a regimen to help control their acne and to all of you on the .org be blessed :):):)

PS. Im being so optimistic in regards to DKR, i know this will control it, i am just a few steps away from glory ! yay !!

MemberMember
(@ladybekah)

Posted : 10/25/2012 8:59 pm

DAY 7 Finally a week into the regimen and let me just say its been difficult last night i couldn't sleep because my face was in pain due to the bp. I took an Ibuprofen and eventually i was able to fall asleep. My skin is still very dry, flaking, the redness appears to be subsiding. Hooray biggrin.png

Tonight i will increase my BP dosage from 1/2 to 1 1/2 of a pump. I have gotten new pimples during the regimen but luckily they aren't cysts. I hate those 'effers. But it seems that the BP dries them out uber quick and there gone within 2 days. Thats a relief. So cheers * to anyone that is sticking to a regimen to help control their acne and to all of you on the .org be blessed smile.pngsmile.pngsmile.png

PS. Im being so optimistic in regards to DKR, i know this will control it, i am just a few steps away from glory ! yay !!

That's great! I'm sure it will control it as well. :)

& wow, the BP hurt your face that much? Maybe I should start applying BP twice a day. I haven't been experiencing flaking, redness, or pain. It just stings a little when I put it on. I thought I'd go slower with it bc I'm using 5% BP, maybe I shouldn't.

MemberMember
(@abybar)

Posted : 10/26/2012 11:09 am

DAY 7 Finally a week into the regimen and let me just say its been difficult last night i couldn't sleep because my face was in pain due to the bp. I took an Ibuprofen and eventually i was able to fall asleep. My skin is still very dry, flaking, the redness appears to be subsiding. Hooray biggrin.png

Tonight i will increase my BP dosage from 1/2 to 1 1/2 of a pump. I have gotten new pimples during the regimen but luckily they aren't cysts. I hate those 'effers. But it seems that the BP dries them out uber quick and there gone within 2 days. Thats a relief. So cheers * to anyone that is sticking to a regimen to help control their acne and to all of you on the .org be blessed smile.pngsmile.pngsmile.png

That's great! I'm sure it will control it as well. smile.png

& wow, the BP hurt your face that much? Maybe I should start applying BP twice a day. I haven't been experiencing flaking, redness, or pain. It just stings a little when I put it on. I thought I'd go slower with it bc I'm using 5% BP, maybe I shouldn't.

Yes mam' the BP began hurting maybe like on the 4rd day on the regimen because my skin is sensitive and its getting adjusted to it :) but its started to decrease a little :)

Well you should prolly try using the Bp twice a day and then you'll begin to see your skin flake . Dan recommends 2.5 because according to his studies it works just as well as the 10% and 5 % . Honestly with this regimen i've began to see little result so thats good :)

DAY 8 :

Alright so now im experiencing very dry skin, my skin is flaking like a snake lol. Im just hoping their is fresh skin underneath all that flake of snow :). I have gotten 2 new pimples luckily, they are not cysts. 1 on my temple and the other on my jawline. So currently i have about 10 actives. Last night i increased my dose to 1 1/2 pump of a BP i guess you can say its finger length. At night my jawline hurts im not sure why i dont really have acne their but i feel it aching. Must be the BP. I cant stress enough to moisturize while being on this regimen. I have extreme oily skin but i still have to moisturize because the BP is drying the hell out of it he-he . Well im hoping to see nothing but clear skies from now on.

Stay blessed people !

MemberMember
(@ladybekah)

Posted : 10/26/2012 7:56 pm

I would rather use 2.5 BP, but I can't get my hands on any atm.

Glad to hear things are going well. :)

MemberMember
(@abybar)

Posted : 10/27/2012 10:38 am

I would rather use 2.5 BP, but I can't get my hands on any atm.

Glad to hear things are going well. smile.png

Well just make sure to moisturize after and use a generous amount :D

Sooner or later will have presentable skin