Notifications
Clear all

Dermapen

MemberMember
(@sam)

Posted : 10/18/2012 5:09 pm

I had the dermapen treatment done on 10/10/12 by Dr Chu.He did the circular motion with the needles which were set at 1.5mm and probably at 2mm also.

I was aware that the circular motion should only be performed when the needles 0.5mm and no deeper,so i went on the dermapen website and contacted them about this.They told me that they do not recommend doing the circular motion at all with the dermapen.

Is there anyone else who has had the dermapen done by Dr Chu and did he also do the circular motion on you?

I would like to know where Dr Chu got his training from and why his he doing the circular motion on his patients when dermapen.co.uk don't even advise Dr's to do the circular motion.

MemberMember
(@liquid_ocelot)

Posted : 10/19/2012 7:44 pm

I had the dermapen treatment done on 10/10/12 by Dr Chu.He did the circular motion with the needles which were set at 1.5mm and probably at 2mm also.

I was aware that the circular motion should only be performed when the needles 0.5mm and no deeper,so i went on the dermapen website and contacted them about this.They told me that they do not recommend doing the circular motion at all with the dermapen.

Is there anyone else who has had the dermapen done by Dr Chu and did he also do the circular motion on you?

I would like to know where Dr Chu got his training from and why his he doing the circular motion on his patients when dermapen.co.uk don't even advise Dr's to do the circular motion.

I have the Dermapen at home and use circular motions so don't worry. I've tried circular and vertical motions on a piece of paper to see what kind of holes it would create, circular motion gave even and spread out coverage, vertical and diagonal created very dense holes close together which could increase complications.

Doesn't matter what Dermapen say, practical experience here. Most practioner vids on youtube also use circular motions.

MemberMember
(@sam)

Posted : 10/20/2012 6:15 am

Liquid_Ocelot,i know other Dr's used the circular motion but i've only heard they use 0.5mm depth needles and no deeper. Dr Chu set the needles at 1.5mm and possible 2mm when doing the circular motion,he also used setting 7 (seven) for the speed.Wouldn't the skin be ripped when performing the circular motion at these depths?

Btw Liquid,what setting do you use when doing the circular motion?

Is the Dermapen improving your scars?

How many time have used the Dermapen?

MemberMember
(@liquid_ocelot)

Posted : 10/21/2012 7:22 pm

Liquid_Ocelot,i know other Dr's used the circular motion but i've only heard they use 0.5mm depth needles and no deeper. Dr Chu set the needles at 1.5mm and possible 2mm when doing the circular motion,he also used setting 7 (seven) for the speed.Wouldn't the skin be ripped when performing the circular motion at these depths?

Btw Liquid,what setting do you use when doing the circular motion?

Is the Dermapen improving your scars?

How many time have used the Dermapen?

No, i've seen them use it at 1.5mm and 2.00mm. I've used it at 0.1mm all the way upto 1.5mm, the reason why it doesn't rip the skin is because you have to correspond the length of the needle with the correct speed. 7 is the highest speed so you should be fine. I put it on 6 speed setting when I do 1.5mm.

Yes Dermapen is improving my scars, but I should also note that I used dermaroller and dermastamp (same thing really) and they also improved my scars. I just prefer Dermapen because it's more thorough and ease of use. But dermastamp is perfectly fine also. I've used it around 4 times, did my latest treatment just 4 days ago.

MemberMember
(@helenm83)

Posted : 10/22/2012 10:04 am

Dermapen updated there method of use. This doesn't mean that the circular motion isn't safe or will cause any issues. Its fine that he uses this motion and perhaps this was before he was advised of the new method. Either way its not a problem that he uses the circular motion and the depth also doesn't matter. (the speed does) Each practitioner has their own methods from practice and experience so it will vary from place to place. I hope this helps.

MemberMember
(@jamie10)

Posted : 10/23/2012 11:49 am

I have the Dermapen at home and use circular motions so don't worry. I've tried circular and vertical motions on a piece of paper to see what kind of holes it would create, circular motion gave even and spread out coverage, vertical and diagonal created very dense holes close together which could increase complications.

Doesn't matter what Dermapen say, practical experience here. Most practioner vids on youtube also use circular motions.

Hey Liquid_Ocelot - where did you get hold of your dermapen from for home use? I thought only people who were certified could get these. I would like to get one, I think they are better than rollers for sure!

Thanks.

MemberMember
(@livingwithfaith)

Posted : 11/02/2012 5:34 pm

Wouldn't mind knowing more about this...

MemberMember
(@pen)

Posted : 03/18/2013 7:34 am

Hi,

I do know why they don't recommend doing the circular motion. Because it will wear out the motor of the device or even break it.

I register this just to answer you. I spoke to the ....in person, face to face myself. So don't worry about it.

Pen

MemberMember
(@shadow86)

Posted : 06/05/2013 6:38 am

Hi! I'm from Rome, I would buy derma pen for home use. I've find some website to buy it but I don't know if are recommended (it is so expensive to risk).

I hope to find a secure europe provider. Have you info about it? We can only help between ourselves..

I'm sorry for the english and thank you for possible answers!

MemberMember
(@anthonytong)

Posted : 06/05/2013 8:18 am

Search owndoc :)

Search owndoc :)