Notifications
Clear all

Considering Quitting My Job

MemberMember
(@dukebluedevils)

Posted : 10/18/2012 5:02 pm

I just got a job recently at Zaxby's on Monday. I'm a cook there. I'm worried that being around all the oil is going to aggravate my already bad acne and make it way worse. I don't want my acne on my back or chest to come back either (I've gotten pimples on chest and back recently the past 3 days). It'd be really sad if I had to quit my job that I think is easy all because of my acne. So what should I do? Will being around all the oil and the oil in the air make my acne worse? Help please?

Also we have to tuck our shirts in and we wear aprons also. And they didn't have short sleeves so I'm wearing a tucked in long sleeve shirt. I don't know if that's going to affect my body/back acne because it's rubbing against my body/back all day because it's tucked in.

MemberMember
(@tuffluck)

Posted : 10/18/2012 5:32 pm

I wouldn't risk it

MemberMember
(@dukebluedevils)

Posted : 10/18/2012 5:37 pm

I wouldn't risk it

Risk quitting or risk getting more acne?

MemberMember
(@tuffluck)

Posted : 10/18/2012 6:01 pm

Risk being around that environment which could possibly worsen your acne.

MemberMember
(@nfamousjade)

Posted : 10/18/2012 6:05 pm

I believe you should keep your job. Just make sure to wash your face after you get off and blot the oil off your skin every so often. Don't let acne control your life. Good luck!

MemberMember
(@dukebluedevils)

Posted : 10/18/2012 6:16 pm

I believe you should keep your job. Just make sure to wash your face after you get off and blot the oil off your skin every so often. Don't let acne control your life. Good luck!

Thanks.

MemberMember
(@clambak3)

Posted : 10/18/2012 6:51 pm

Yeah don't let your skin get in the way of living. Be happy that you have a job and like jade said wash your face after work. :P

It's not that big of a deal honestly, it shouldn't affect much of anything unless you're touching your face with your greasy hands all day.

MemberMember
(@lightersup)

Posted : 10/18/2012 9:23 pm

Keep your job. Blot everytime you use the restroom and wash your face immediately after work. You can blot with brown paper towel or napkins, they work really well and won't irritate your skin.

MemberMember
(@ilovemesomevanity)

Posted : 10/18/2012 9:37 pm

well are you like super passionate about cooking? lol. i mean if you really dont care about being a cook and dont mind finding another job then id go ahead and quit, but if theres a specific reason youre there, dont let acne get in the way

MemberMember
(@linali26)

Posted : 10/18/2012 10:08 pm

Don't quit your job bc of stupid acne. You will be fine!

MemberMember
(@o-havoc-o)

Posted : 10/19/2012 4:41 am

I just got a job recently at Zaxby's on Monday. I'm a cook there. I'm worried that being around all the oil is going to aggravate my already bad acne and make it way worse. I don't want my acne on my back or chest to come back either (I've gotten pimples on chest and back recently the past 3 days). It'd be really sad if I had to quit my job that I think is easy all because of my acne. So what should I do? Will being around all the oil and the oil in the air make my acne worse? Help please?

Also we have to tuck our shirts in and we wear aprons also. And they didn't have short sleeves so I'm wearing a tucked in long sleeve shirt. I don't know if that's going to affect my body/back acne because it's rubbing against my body/back all day because it's tucked in.

Don't let it control you.

You have a job in one one of the worst recessions in history. You are lucky to have that job. Don't throw it away. Acne can be controlled and treated, but how will you fund that treatment without money?

MemberMember
(@ghostunit)

Posted : 10/20/2012 10:27 pm

I hate my job now since they put me the heaviest load.. The supervisor said he loves me "as in *his best worker*" and yet, puts me at the worst load.

They put me there 'cause I am fast. It is no fun.. sucks. I'm having a hard time finding a CNA job. >=\ When I hate something, I get stressed 'cause a lot of work which gives me zits :(. I get pimples out of no where now because of my job.

MemberMember
(@armadillo)

Posted : 10/21/2012 9:51 am

Seriously, your acne CANNOT be more important to you than your job! If it is, you are letting it control your life far too much.

ATM, I would kill for a job. You are lucky enough to have one. Don't throw it away.

MemberMember
(@tuffluck)

Posted : 10/21/2012 3:50 pm

I gotta say something. I am pretty damn sure everyone on here that replied dont let acne control your life, if you had severe acne you sure as hell would not place your self in an environment with fried foods and oil all over the place. Its the truth, and you know it.

I have to agree. Don't let acne control your life. If you are very passionate about this job, then keep it. If you cannot buy food without the income from this job, keep it. If you can find another job, find another job.

MemberMember
(@uglydude)

Posted : 10/23/2012 1:44 am

I work in a similar environment. There is a vent on the ceiling that catches grease in the air. It's incredible to discover how much of it there is. Throughout the shift I dab my face with a tissue and wash my face immediately once I get home.