Notifications
Clear all

Should I Get Vitamin D Or D3?

MemberMember
(@tingmothy)

Posted : 10/18/2012 12:01 pm

Hey guys, this is kind of a noob question. Which one should I get. I was at the drugstore and I saw that some say Vitamin D, and others say Vitamin D3? Which one is better for acne? OR are they the same thing?

MemberMember
(@strawberrythief)

Posted : 10/18/2012 12:19 pm

Vitamin D is sold in two forms - D2 and D3. If it doesn't say what kind it is on the bottle, it could be either. D2 is generally cheaper. D3 is generally better absorbed, because it's a form of Vitamin D your body can utilise more easily. Some people with metabolic or digestive issues also have difficulty converting D2 into D3.

If you're vegetarian, you're better off getting D2, since D3 usually comes from animal products.

MemberMember
(@verdnase)

Posted : 10/18/2012 3:29 pm

Hey guys, this is kind of a noob question. Which one should I get. I was at the drugstore and I saw that some say Vitamin D, and others say Vitamin D3? Which one is better for acne? OR are they the same thing?

Always go for D3, also known as cholecalciferol, as this is the form the body produces when the skin is exposed to the sun.

I take 2,000 IU a day, at this level there is no problem of toxicity and is usually the recommended dosage the get the benefits.