Notifications
Clear all

My Red Marks

MemberMember
(@baffled)

Posted : 10/17/2012 7:38 pm

hello everyone this is my first post.

how are your red marks? i know this might sound silly but i find that when i get red marks they are never as red or noticable than the acne that casued it, infact in a decently lit room you need to be near my face to notice them at all (and i find most people don't), they only look bad if i am in my bathroom and with the light on with my face right next to the mirror, my marks fade at a drastically differant rate, some have gone without treatment within a few months others take allot longer, i have had one mark that is still there (although not as visable) after 3 years!

MemberMember
(@clambak3)

Posted : 10/17/2012 7:59 pm

I actually find my hyperpigmentation marks to be more distinguishable than the actual blemish itself. It looks like I have a face full of acne and they're all leftover marks. But honey and lemon has taken about 75% of the redness away. ^_^

I hate those pesky marks. I hate them, I hate them, I hate them!!

MemberMember
(@baffled)

Posted : 10/17/2012 8:26 pm

I actually find my hyperpigmentation marks to be more distinguishable than the actual blemish itself. It looks like I have a face full of acne and they're all leftover marks. But honey and lemon has taken about 75% of the redness away. amused.gif

i usto be really stressed out by my acne and red marks, i used BP for acne and ACV for red marks (ACV did not work), in the end i got sick and tired of being so botherd by it all and stopped treating it all together, i still occasionally get spots and they often leave a red mark and i wish it did not sad.png, but it is not too bad and these days i just try and forget about it and get on with my life.

MemberMember
(@andrewbleah)

Posted : 10/18/2012 5:18 am

I actually find my hyperpigmentation marks to be more distinguishable than the actual blemish itself. It looks like I have a face full of acne and they're all leftover marks. But honey and lemon has taken about 75% of the redness away. amused.gif

Honey mask?

I was thinking about getting some active manuka honey for my marks, what do you think?

MemberMember
(@poptartie)

Posted : 10/18/2012 7:11 am

So do you think I can use the honey and lemon juice mask while on Accutane? Do you put anything else in the mask? I've been afraid to use anything other than Cetaphil and CereVe on my face since I've been on Accutane. But I agree...my red marks are annoying as hell. It DOES seem as though I have far more red marks than I used to before I started Accutane. It's almost as though EVERY SINGLE ZIT I HAVE EVER HAD has left its stamp on my face brow.gif

MemberMember
(@clambak3)

Posted : 10/18/2012 6:38 pm

Honey mask?

I was thinking about getting some active manuka honey for my marks, what do you think?

Sounds like a wonderful plan! vvv Try this stuff, I'm about to order it in a few weeks. ^_^

http://www.amazon.com/Manuka-Active-Honey-Bee-Venom/dp/B0025V3WM0/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=H4V2LURLLE6M&coliid=I41BPHRA1SKHM

Also, glycolic peels might be worth a shot.. vvv

http://www.amazon.com/Skin-Obsession-Glycolic-Scars-Spots/dp/B0018ZRTZA/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=H4V2LURLLE6M&coliid=I1415D6B9B1MCM

So do you think I can use the honey and lemon juice mask while on Accutane? Do you put anything else in the mask? I've been afraid to use anything other than Cetaphil and CereVe on my face since I've been on Accutane. But I agree...my red marks are annoying as hell. It DOES seem as though I have far more red marks than I used to before I started Accutane. It's almost as though EVERY SINGLE ZIT I HAVE EVER HAD has left its stamp on my face brow.gif

Yeah, I don't see why this would interfere with anything. Neither of these ingredients are very irritating and I actually simply use stuff from Wal-Mart, though I know using a fresh lemon's juice and manuka honey would provide even better results. :P

I just squeeze some honey onto my hand and drop a little lemon juice on top, mix together and apply. I left it on last night actually haha got a liiiiittle in my hair but nothing too big. :P I just lay with a towel on my pillow and I've never gotten it all over my sheets and I'm a pretty messy person. But if you're not too enthused to try that at least leave it on for about 45 minutes.

MemberMember
(@jtyng)

Posted : 10/22/2012 9:00 am

i usto be really stressed out by my acne and red marks, i used BP for acne and ACV for red marks (ACV did not work), in the end i got sick and tired of being so botherd by it all and stopped treating it all together, i still occasionally get spots and they often leave a red mark and i wish it did not sad.png, but it is not too bad and these days i just try and forget about it and get on with my life.

BP makes ur dark marks last longer and make them darker. this happened to me, and in my experience ACV caused my 6 month old marks (darkened from BP) to fade but didnt affect new ones. since realizing this i stopped using BP and marks seem to be less dark, although i still get them

MemberMember
(@baffled)

Posted : 10/22/2012 11:37 am

BP makes ur dark marks last longer and make them darker. this happened to me, and in my experience ACV caused my 6 month old marks (darkened from BP) to fade but didnt affect new ones. since realizing this i stopped using BP and marks seem to be less dark, although i still get them

i think your right, my marks fade at very differant rates, some take forever, some only take a few months, i have only noticed any fading after stopping BP