Notifications
Clear all

Any Rolling Scar Treatments While On Accutane?

MemberMember
(@trendycat)

Posted : 10/17/2012 5:39 pm

I'm currently on accutane for 4 months to finish off what's left of my acne. However, I am left with some pretty severe rolling scars on both cheeks from my many years of acne. I'll be getting subcision as soon as it's possible (6-12 months after I finish accutane), but I was wondering if there is something I can do in the mean time.

I've read that silicone sheets can improve the look of scars, is this true for rolling scars as well? Would there be any issues with constricting the air flow to my skin overnight while I wear silicone sheets?

In addition I've looked into dermaflage cover up for acne scars. It is essentially a silicone make up kit to hide imperfections. It seems like something that could work well for ice pick scars and maybe boxcar scars, however, I'm not sure if it would work well on rolling scars. There doesn't seem to be information on that. Also, the concern of clogging pores with silicone while on accutane comes up again.

MemberMember
(@oopli)

Posted : 10/17/2012 6:10 pm

only thing you can do is fillers

MemberMember
(@trendycat)

Posted : 10/17/2012 11:05 pm

Is that alright to do while on accutane? No scars/bumps/slower healing from inserting the needle?

MemberMember
(@sanjoseskin)

Posted : 10/18/2012 3:35 am

Personally I wouldn't do anything while on accutane. Just wait until it is completely out of your system and your sebaceous glands return to normal.