Notifications
Clear all

Please Help, I Can't Quite Figure Out This Scar!

MemberMember
(@foreverandpatience)

Posted : 10/17/2012 4:57 pm

So, I made the mistake of trying to pop a zit, and I think I may have overdone it. Forgive me if I'm too... descriptive. The first few weeks of June were hell. I have little tiny bumps all over my forehead, blackheads, whiteheads, and the occasional cyst. Very oily skin. (I remember distinctly telling myself that I'm going to stop picking, too... then this had to happen.)

It started out as a skin colored bump on my forehead, and I tried popping it. It swole up to the size of about my pink nail, and was painful. I can't take pain, or looking lumpy, so I kept at it. It never bled, or popped. Nor scabbed. It turned into this weird sore, red around a white center... my skin, probably dead. It looked gross, and I was afraid to put anything harsh on it, so I kept it bandaged with honey of all things... I looked, ridiculous. Well, time went on by, and I'd gotten some sun on it a few times, it hurt like hell, and turned red.

I've been using cocoa butter on it, and I've dermarolled twice since the beginning of August, with weeks to months between each time.(I think its helped)

So as of now, I dermarolled it three days ago, its peeling and pink, almost pale. It turns red when I massage it... is that normal?

It's not very deep. Less than half a dime, less than the thickness of printer paper. It's about as big as my pinky nail in size. But VERY shallow.

Though, one thing. When I lift my eyebrows, you can really see it, and it makes my forehead wrinkle differently, like uneven.

So, I have a few questions, and please comment with anything to help. I've been struggling with my skin for years.

Should I give it more time?

Is it possibly tethered down?

Will time help or make it worse?

Will it always turn red when I massage it, or will that go away?

Subscision, tca peel?

It's really distorting my view of myself, I know I could have deeper inda everywhere, but I'm the only one in my family with bad skin, on top of everything else I have... to deal with... so I can be happy -__-

MemberMember
(@foreverandpatience)

Posted : 10/17/2012 7:05 pm

Please, anybody... :c

MemberMember
(@minnieblue)

Posted : 10/18/2012 11:45 pm

Do you have a picture(s)? you should not touch it, let it just be for now. sounds like you did a real number on your skin...