Notifications
Clear all

How Likely Is Candida The Cause Of Acne?

MemberMember
(@bimmy-jim)

Posted : 10/17/2012 4:02 pm

How often do people on this website end up identifying candida as the primary cause of their acne?

It takes a LOT more than any other solution I've seen (extremely strict diet, etc.) - but out of the people who have seriously tried it, how effective was it for them?

MemberMember
(@clambak3)

Posted : 10/17/2012 4:51 pm

I don't know but my skin was SUPER itchy all over and I thought I had some sort of skin mite. I think I had a candida overgrowth.

I take Candex (2 pills 2x daily) along with a probiotic and my acne is seriously barely there. Everything heals SOOO much faster and I just feel healthier overall. But I also have gone gluten-free. I've only been taking them for 2-3 weeks and there were basically instantaneous results.

I stopped using harsh cleansers and moisturizers and went practically all natural and wouldn't think about changing my regimen. Ever.

Wheat is the worst for us with skin problems too. It's an inflammatory and a lot of people can be allergic/intolerant to it without even knowing. I know a lot of people claim super strict diets to work for EVERYONE but I think it's good to be aware of possible allergens and intolerances. :)

MemberMember
(@billjobs)

Posted : 10/18/2012 8:04 am

I don't know but my skin was SUPER itchy all over and I thought I had some sort of skin mite. I think I had a candida overgrowth.

I take Candex (2 pills 2x daily) along with a probiotic and my acne is seriously barely there. Everything heals SOOO much faster and I just feel healthier overall. But I also have gone gluten-free. I've only been taking them for 2-3 weeks and there were basically instantaneous results.

I stopped using harsh cleansers and moisturizers and went practically all natural and wouldn't think about changing my regimen. Ever.

Wheat is the worst for us with skin problems too. It's an inflammatory and a lot of people can be allergic/intolerant to it without even knowing. I know a lot of people claim super strict diets to work for EVERYONE but I think it's good to be aware of possible allergens and intolerances. smile.png

I've never tried a gluten-free diet.. but now that you mention it, it may be worth a try.. Is it OK to have SOME wheat on a gluten free diet, or would even a bit sabotage the results? EX: If you eat a few breaded chicken nuggets .. or is it best to be extremely strict and not have anything that may contain gluten

MemberMember
(@clambak3)

Posted : 10/18/2012 6:48 pm

It's pretty counterproductive to eat gluten while on a gluten-free diet lol.

I would say if you're going to slip with any food containing gluten do so with anything BUT wheat.

Such as a little soy sauce, one beer, or something like that (not that I EVER would). NEVER bread or breaded foods. Not to mention grease is good for no one and it's much easier in my opinion to cut it out completely than to make excuses for the occasional food. You'll just end up giving in to every temptation.

You will feel so much better in a couple of months. It's really remarkable. But it was a long, tough road to get used to it all.

It's EASY to replace all those foods containing gluten. Just replace all that bread with a meal filled with corn tortillas, rice, or potatoes. But always in moderation.

I don't eat cookies or anything anymore and I never thought I would say this but I don't care. I don't need any of that to survive. So why ruin my health and my skin by doing so? And for the people with a sugar tooth there are PLENTY of different flours to use in recipes and a lot of products nowadays are coming out with gluten-free alternatives.

MemberMember
(@bimmy-jim)

Posted : 10/20/2012 4:37 pm

Wow OK well I've been on a candida diet for the past few days (didn't go through 'cleansing' phase or anything - just a strict diet and natural anti-fungals).

I'm eating 4-5 cloves of garlic a day and coconut oil as well as oregano oil.

Every time I take these (especially the garlic) it feels like I'm high or drunk for a while.. interesting feeling... I read up on it and it's the effect of candida dying off.

Anyways - I know it's only been a few days, but so far not one pimple!