Notifications
Clear all

Healing

MemberMember
(@cam-aragon)

Posted : 10/16/2012 11:15 pm

Lots of tags but rest assured I don't use all those at the same time xD

I have contracted PCOS (polycystic ovaries syndrome) and it has taken a toll on my health and appearance. I was losing weight and have been shedding hair, I had a couple of spots of my face but I foolishly chose to ignore the signs and muscle through my new job which I love but it's very challenging and costs me lots of stress and lack of sleep. A couple of months later I got the worse cramps ever it feels like someone was eating my thorso and I broke out pretty bad in closed comedones! It all took a toll on my self-esteem, I remember feeling my cheek and it was as rough as gritty sandpaper.

I decided to take a break from work and get treated, my doctor told me it's the hormones but couldnt put me on the pill yet cause I was on my period around that time. She instead prescribed me minocin and some other pain killers and hemostan to help with my cramps. I think the minocin worked great! After 3 days my acne calmed down tremendously It has given me hope! I also scrub my face once or twice a week (tho first week I used it almost every day cause I swear I had more dead skin my face than on my foot!) with sugar mixed with physiogel cleanser and I also use their brand moisturizer (cetaphil didnt work for me, weird...), witch hazel and benzoyl peroxide tho while a lot less inflamed i still had clogged pores. I am now on the journey to treat those.

I can really tell my sebum production has gone craycray, i could scrape it off the sides of my nose even though my nose is relatively clear @-@ my doc is so hard to get to, I have a ppointment this sunday I was hoping she could prescribe me my birth control pills now but I doubt it since I just got my period again early *sigh*. I read garlic is a good hormone regulator so I tried eating a couple of raw cloves a day and to my delight my skin has been looking and feeling better (I also feel a lot better) , it couldnt hurt right? I'm now struggling with acne scars (not deep ones, just discoloration really) and clogged pores. Tips and suggestion for those would be much appreciated! I'm leaning towards natural method cause products, unless really popular, is hard to get by here. Would be posting pics or progress soon.

MemberMember
(@callendula)

Posted : 10/22/2012 3:07 pm

Lots of tags but rest assured I don't use all those at the same time xD

I have contracted PCOS (polycystic ovaries syndrome) and it has taken a toll on my health and appearance. I was losing weight and have been shedding hair, I had a couple of spots of my face but I foolishly chose to ignore the signs and muscle through my new job which I love but it's very challenging and costs me lots of stress and lack of sleep. A couple of months later I got the worse cramps ever it feels like someone was eating my thorso and I broke out pretty bad in closed comedones! It all took a toll on my self-esteem, I remember feeling my cheek and it was as rough as gritty sandpaper.

I decided to take a break from work and get treated, my doctor told me it's the hormones but couldnt put me on the pill yet cause I was on my period around that time. She instead prescribed me minocin and some other pain killers and hemostan to help with my cramps. I think the minocin worked great! After 3 days my acne calmed down tremendously It has given me hope! I also scrub my face once or twice a week (tho first week I used it almost every day cause I swear I had more dead skin my face than on my foot!) with sugar mixed with physiogel cleanser and I also use their brand moisturizer (cetaphil didnt work for me, weird...), witch hazel and benzoyl peroxide tho while a lot less inflamed i still had clogged pores. I am now on the journey to treat those.

I can really tell my sebum production has gone craycray, i could scrape it off the sides of my nose even though my nose is relatively clear @-@ my doc is so hard to get to, I have a ppointment this sunday I was hoping she could prescribe me my birth control pills now but I doubt it since I just got my period again early *sigh*. I read garlic is a good hormone regulator so I tried eating a couple of raw cloves a day and to my delight my skin has been looking and feeling better (I also feel a lot better) , it couldnt hurt right? I'm now struggling with acne scars (not deep ones, just discoloration really) and clogged pores. Tips and suggestion for those would be much appreciated! I'm leaning towards natural method cause products, unless really popular, is hard to get by here. Would be posting pics or progress soon.

I have clogged pores and I am almost certain they are the root of my whole problem. Right now I am using salycylic acid. I used it last year and my red marks lightened and my pores were clearing. 🙂 A couple months later I had a terrible breakout (unreleated to the SA) and I freaked. I stopped all products. I am still using retinol to help keep the pores clear, but I am still having spots occur. The only thing I left out was the salicylic acid, so I am doing that again now. It's going well. I also have really oily skin, although I am not certain of the source. I have some results with mint rooibos tea, or just plain spearmin/peppermint tea, and sometimes I can take zinc and my skin will dry up. I recently founf out that eating pumpkin helps and so does salmon. At least it helps me. 🙂

Salicylic acid is supposed to penetrate oil and can help break down pore blackages. It also helps remove dead skin from the pore and the skin surface. Glycolic acid also removes dead skin from the surface and can help open uppores so the gunk can come out.

I know many women take supplements for PCOS, but I do not have it so can't tell you exactly. You could check some pregnacy borads online, though. Many women there usually have great discussions about using natural remedies. Some people use vitex, some milk thistle, etc. Some cut out dairy, flour and sugar. You might also check out www.soulcysters.net I search many different boards and areas of interest when compiling my own "remedies". lol 🙂