Notifications
Clear all

Time For Accutane?

MemberMember
(@brarei200)

Posted : 10/16/2012 7:52 pm

I tried everything in the book...

Tons of different tropicals...

Tons of different pills from Vitamin A to B5 to Zinc to Fish Oil, B Complex..

Two different antobotics that stopped working..

Eating healthier and lots of fruit...

Stopped drinking milk and eating ice cream...

Mean Green Juice, I tried it once but I threw up because it was so gross...

I want to try Accutane but to be honest I'm really scared of the side effects. Yeah, great, it will clear you forever but are the dangerous permanent side effects worth it? Cure one cosmetic problem and possibly cause a life threating issue?

I have it on my cheeks, back, shoulders and chest. Pics below.

Pics

post-176537-0-67342400-1350434428_thumb.

post-176537-0-49314400-1350434962_thumb.

post-176537-0-76629100-1350435036_thumb.

post-176537-0-95104400-1350435102_thumb.

post-176537-0-80866000-1350435149_thumb.

post-176537-0-67342400-1350434428_thumb.

post-176537-0-49314400-1350434962_thumb.

post-176537-0-76629100-1350435036_thumb.

post-176537-0-95104400-1350435102_thumb.

post-176537-0-80866000-1350435149_thumb.

MemberMember
(@abybar)

Posted : 10/16/2012 7:58 pm

How long did you give the antibiotics and topical creams to work for ? you have to at least give them 6 months.

i feel your pain though . Its like accutane is the only solution to our acne. One thing i havent tried is dans regimen. i just ordered his products. I cant wait to start it :)

have you tried Dan's regimen ?

MemberMember
(@brarei200)

Posted : 10/16/2012 8:00 pm

I've given it more than enough time to start working....months

I did not use Dans regime, reviews were not that great.

MemberMember
(@abybar)

Posted : 10/16/2012 8:28 pm

I've given it more than enough time to start working....months

I did not use Dans regime, reviews were not that great.

what works for someone may not work for you and what works for you may not work for someone else. Everyone reacts different because we have diff. types of skin. its a matter of trial and error. And i know your probably reluctant to try anything else other than accutane. Like you im also afraid of the side effects therefore i refuse to take it.

Why dont you try giving dans regimen a shot. My acne is quite similiar to yours. I have acne on my cheeks. Cystic acne to be exact.

MemberMember
(@omnivium)

Posted : 10/16/2012 9:12 pm

I wouldn't waste time using creams. If you have tried the healthy diets like low sugar, no dairy, no wheat, low glycemic load, etc. and you still have severe acne on your face and body, I would probably go ahead and take Accutane. Accutane is not guaranteed to clear you forever. Your acne could come back in as little as a few months, especially if you don't finish your course. It shouldn't come back as bad as it was before, though. So even if it comes back, it would still be worth it for some people. From what I've read, anyway.

MemberMember
(@faded12)

Posted : 10/20/2012 8:58 am

Go on youtube and watch the hundreds of videos people have made about their accutane experiences. Also, go to the "accutane logs" section of this board and just educate yourself as much as possible before making your decisions. To me, my quality of life was so bad that the potential side effects were worth the risk.

MemberMember
(@sanchoroo)

Posted : 10/20/2012 11:57 pm

i can relate bro. ive tried about everything too, 2 months ago i was prescribed tretinion cream .25 and doxycycline and i ended up worse. i went to a derm out in tj and was prescribed accutane immediately. so far its been going good. im no where near clear, but way better than i was before. im taking 20mg a day so i guess the IB has been to a minimum, but im still very self-conscious. i say get on that Tane.

MemberMember
(@mike09)

Posted : 10/22/2012 12:55 am

please read my post "first and last post ever, plz read" hopefully it inspires you to try accutane...i remember wut it was like to take off my shirt wakin up with blood on my White T's

MemberMember
(@brarei200)

Posted : 11/20/2012 3:32 pm

New pic.... Is this acne or red marks? Is this bad enough for Accutane?

I think I'm gonna go on Accutane, get rid of it once and for all...

...and can you do a AHA Peel before you go on Accutane? Once it has healed of course...?

Still have some on my chest, lots on my sholders, some on my back, some on my cheeks and neck.

Comments / Suggestions!?

post-176537-0-49437100-1353443932_thumb.

post-176537-0-49437100-1353443932_thumb.

MemberMember
(@drumatic)

Posted : 11/20/2012 3:36 pm

I would not take a risk and take accutane. Side effects accutane gives you is just not worth it, it is lifelong from what I heard unlike acne.

MemberMember
(@ohmygod)

Posted : 11/21/2012 1:20 am

My acne was as bad as yours when i went on Accutane and it cured me 100%, stayed clear for two years then it returned.. but not as bad.

It's a miracle drug for sure, dont waste your time with anything else.

MemberMember
(@brarei200)

Posted : 11/21/2012 1:49 am

I think I'm gonna do it. Acne is screwing my face and body up.... scars everywhere ugh

They can't heal because I keep getting new ones!

MemberMember
(@acollegekid)

Posted : 11/21/2012 4:01 am

I know exactly what that feels like. I finished taking accutane last may and it cleared me almost completely. I was fine with having a few leftover pimples, because they weren't as deep as before, but the scars were annoying. I had been planning to get them removed somehow this christmas but unfortunately my acne is already coming back right now. I don't know if I should try to get back on accutane asap or hold off and have a scar treatment done first.

MemberMember
(@brarei200)

Posted : 11/21/2012 8:38 am

I know exactly what that feels like. I finished taking accutane last may and it cleared me almost completely. I was fine with having a few leftover pimples, because they weren't as deep as before, but the scars were annoying. I had been planning to get them removed somehow this christmas but unfortunately my acne is already coming back right now. I don't know if I should try to get back on accutane asap or hold off and have a scar treatment done first.

Sorry to here that.... don't know what to tell ya

please read my post "first and last post ever, plz read" hopefully it inspires you to try accutane...i remember wut it was like to take off my shirt wakin up with blood on my White T's

I missed this before...

I feel ya, I went on vacation last week to Mexico (I didn't wanna go because of body acne).... basically it ruined my vacation since I was afraid to take my shirt off. So I spent about 7 days sitting at the pool chairs with my shirt on sweating my ass off.

MemberMember
(@relentless-rasta)

Posted : 11/21/2012 6:17 pm

It looks like it has cleared up a LOT on your most recent picture in comparison to your first! Accutane is a powerful drug just think into it carefully befor fully considered its not your only and last route to go down.

MemberMember
(@brarei200)

Posted : 11/21/2012 7:00 pm

It looks like it has cleared up a LOT on your most recent picture in comparison to your first! Accutane is a powerful drug just think into it carefully befor fully considered its not your only and last route to go down.

It has. I started using ProActive again. I still have some as you can try and make out.

But my shoulders looks horrible... and I got some on my neck too.

Idk

MemberMember
(@relentless-rasta)

Posted : 11/22/2012 4:31 am

It has. I started using ProActive again. I still have some as you can try and make out.

But my shoulders looks horrible... and I got some on my neck too.

Idk

Try adding high doses of VIt c and Zinc into your daily routine worked wonders for me when I didnt have much faith that it would...also don't be worrying about potential scarring at this stage just focus on the acne you will go insane thinking about both! Good luck :)

MemberMember
(@brarei200)

Posted : 11/22/2012 9:18 am

I tried Zinc before, did nothing. I didn't try Vit C, might try that...

MemberMember
(@relentless-rasta)

Posted : 11/23/2012 10:55 am

I tried Zinc before, did nothing. I didn't try Vit C, might try that...

Yeah same did nothing for me at first but was persistent and religiously took it and boom I started to clear I then combined a high strength vit c ( efferevescent ) 1000mg and things have just been steadily getting better :)

MemberMember
(@mike09)

Posted : 11/24/2012 12:34 am

I really suggest ya should do Accutane...NEWS FLASH.......people who do accutane reach a point where they don't care about side effects...........like fuck! if accutane takes 10 fucking years off my life, who cares???! atleast 7 of those years I'd be hibernating in my room hating life anyways

**this is what people should be warning u**......accutane is potent as hell....duhhh.....and it will make u break out bad, and i mean bad.......when i upped my dosage from 60 to 80 mgs 2 months after I started takin it, i figured the worst was already over, but my face broke out like world war 4....and this is what you want to happen!! I read this befor and didn't agree with it at first but now I do..........the more intense the break outs, that means the more its working

all in all, do it, what do you really have to lose compared to what you have now? ......eventually ya hafta just stop reading shit on the internet and make you're own decisions......I mean u'l read this post then read another post saying accutane caused me sum crazy disease so i mean it's all conflcting posts and nothing and no one agrees.....eventually it just comes down to u and what you want to do--and ah sorry to hear about the mexico trip....just think everything has to come to an end eventually, even acne even tho i kno thats hard for u to imagine rite now

User74659 liked
MemberMember
(@unicorntears)

Posted : 11/24/2012 3:09 am

Mate, just do it. I've been on Accutane twice. My side effects were minimal - dry lips, dry skin, dry eyes, some muscle ache. It's still one of the best decisions I've ever made. If the side effects do become severe, stop. But there's a good chance you won't get close to that point.

MemberMember
(@brarei200)

Posted : 11/27/2012 11:09 am

Well, here goes nothing. Wednesday I go in. I already got blood work the other day.

MemberMember
(@discovery)

Posted : 11/28/2012 1:13 am

As a four time user of Accutane, your acne will flare up during the first few weeks of treatment, but that is why its a 5-6 month treatment process, the Accutane will draw out the bacteria in the begining making it seem worse at first. I totaly understand your experience, looks like you got some serious inflammation going on there.

Are you seeing a dermatologist for treatment other than Accutane? Tetracycline and other treatments including OTC never worked for me but dermatologist will try any and all medication and topical stuff to see if you respond to that treatment first, if you are not responding to the usual treatment, Accutane then be considered.

What i did find throughout the years that helped is topical, hydrocortisone creme (over the counter) and corticosteroid creme (prescription)

These are from the same "steriod" family, they help in reducing the inflammation which is part of the cronic acne condition. Dermatologists have also used corticosteroid injections (directly into cysts) to reduce the inflammation, reduction i found part of the key. So, try some cortizone 10 creme from your local store, use it on one spot only for a few days or a week (like on one of your shoulders) to see if you respond, you should start to see the redness go down, if it does, then you should respond well to corticosteroid (prescription) much more powerful. If it gets worse, stop using cortizone 10 creme. Just remember, reducing the inflammation is one key to healing.

Just curious, not sure how old you are...I am trying to find a medical link between hormone deficient (testosterone/androgen) prepubescent boys (also known as late bloomers) and acne vulgaris, i recently discovered i had a hidden T-implant prob to "jump start" my puberty as i was one of those late bloomers

I would also have your primary doctor run testosterone lab tests, (including T3,T4, Free, Binding) to see where you are for your age, believe me, no one back in the 1970's when i grew up, would have ever thought of checking for patients with severe acne, they always have treated the symptoms and not the root cause (if there is one)

MemberMember
(@user187201)

Posted : 11/28/2012 1:28 am

Try Blue Light Omnulux of sebacious gland abalation before considering screwing up your health for the rest of your life

MemberMember
(@discovery)

Posted : 11/28/2012 1:57 am

Try Blue Light Omnulux of sebacious gland abalation before considering screwing up your health for the rest of your life

sorry you had such a bad experience with Accutane, your doseage was a bit high, and your length of time on it was a bit long

20mg and 5 months is the "norm" for a standard treatment, why and how were you on high dose and long term Accutane?

after the 5 months, you are not allowed back on Accutane for at least another 6 months and only if you showed no signs of improvement

I had Accutane 4 times in my life, normal dose, each a 5-6 month treatment and were 8-10 years apart

If your dermotolgist or doctor had you on Accutane for more than 5 months at a time, that was a screw up on their part and i would have questioned them

Hope all turns out well for you