Started Regimen W/ ...

Notifications
Clear all

Started Regimen W/ Drug Store Products

MemberMember
(@ladybekah)

Posted : 10/16/2012 9:03 am

For the longest time I've had moderate acne, caused by my sensitive skin. It isn't horrible, but it's been taking a toll on my self-esteem. I've seen so many success stories with the regimen, so I've decided to give it a try.

My regimen: Clean & Clear Foaming Facial Cleanser - Sensitive Skin, Neutrogena On-The-Spot, and Olay Complete All Day UV Moisturizer - Sensitive Skin. No added jojoba oil.

I'm on my second week, and I couldn't be happier. Everything has cleared, I've experienced minor dryness, and my red marks are fading nicely. I hope it stays this way.

MemberMember
(@ladybekah)

Posted : 10/17/2012 7:33 pm

I realized I got the wrong BP product. Instead of using Neutrogena On-The-Spot, I'm using Neutrogena Rapid Clear Acne Eliminating Spot Gel. I don't even think it has BP in it. It's working though...

Is it okay to use? As long as it's working?...

MemberMember
(@brandolynn)

Posted : 10/18/2012 12:58 pm

If you are happy with your results, then do what's working well for you. If you aren't able to get cleared up though, you should consider doing The Regimen with 2.5% benozyl peroxide.

MemberMember
(@ladybekah)

Posted : 10/21/2012 12:32 pm

Thanks for the response.

It has been working okay for me, but I'm still getting a couple pimples here and there. I would rather use BP, but I can't find any in stores, and I can't buy Dan's online (not for the time being, anyway). All I've been able to find is BP 5%. What should I do?

Also, in general, when starting a regimen, does it get worse before it gets better?

MemberMember
(@abybar)

Posted : 10/21/2012 12:54 pm

Thanks for the response.

It has been working okay for me, but I'm still getting a couple pimples here and there. I would rather use BP, but I can't find any in stores, and I can't buy Dan's online (not for the time being, anyway). All I've been able to find it BP 5%. What should I do?

Also, in general, when starting a regimen, does it get worse before it gets better?

Hey i just started Dans regimen too and my skin has gotten worse because of the purging and redness but after a couple of months it should be getting better. Im barely on day 4 :)

wishing you the best of luck on this journey to beating acne .

MemberMember
(@brandolynn)

Posted : 10/21/2012 2:39 pm

Thanks for the response.

It has been working okay for me, but I'm still getting a couple pimples here and there. I would rather use BP, but I can't find any in stores, and I can't buy Dan's online (not for the time being, anyway). All I've been able to find it BP 5%. What should I do?

If all you can find is 5% bp, that's okay to use. Please read here: http://www.acne.org/faq.html#higherpercentagebp

Here's the typical "what to expect" timeline if you are using The Regimen strictly. http://www.acne.org/whattoexpect.html

MemberMember
(@ladybekah)

Posted : 10/22/2012 9:40 am

Thanks AbyBar, I wish you the best as well. :)

& Brandy, how should I use the 5% BP? Should I apply it once every day to start? Or every other day, since it's a higher BP?

MemberMember
(@ladybekah)

Posted : 10/25/2012 11:14 am

Okayy. So, I officially started the regimen on the 21st of October with 5% BP. I've been applying it daily, and so far things have been alright. Atm, I have two small active pimples. Which isn't much of a difference. I don't typically get a lot of acne; I get about two a week. However, I get acne on my cheeks, so the red marks linger longer. I just want the red marks to go away. :(

MemberMember
(@abybar)

Posted : 10/25/2012 12:05 pm

Okayy. So, I officially started the regimen on the 21st of October with 5% BP. I've been applying it daily, and so far things have been alright. Atm, I have two small active pimples. Which isn't much of a difference. I don't typically get a lot of acne; I get about two a week. However, I get acne on my cheeks, so the red marks linger longer. I just want the red marks to go away. sad.png

I know what you mean. But hey chin up high :) they dont last forever.

I have tons of red marks my self on my cheeks id say like 20 on each. I just started dans regimen, im a week into it and im getting improvements. Just be patient, with patience comes great virtue !!!!!!!!!

MemberMember
(@ladybekah)

Posted : 10/25/2012 8:43 pm

Okayy. So, I officially started the regimen on the 21st of October with 5% BP. I've been applying it daily, and so far things have been alright. Atm, I have two small active pimples. Which isn't much of a difference. I don't typically get a lot of acne; I get about two a week. However, I get acne on my cheeks, so the red marks linger longer. I just want the red marks to go away. sad.png

I know what you mean. But hey chin up high smile.png they dont last forever.

I have tons of red marks my self on my cheeks id say like 20 on each. I just started dans regimen, im a week into it and im getting improvements. Just be patient, with patience comes great virtue !!!!!!!!!

That's great that you're seeing improvement! :) & you're right, I just have to be patient. Both you and I will be clear in no time.

MemberMember
(@ladybekah)

Posted : 10/27/2012 9:15 pm

Day 7:

Everything is going well. Since starting the regimen I've only gotten two small pimples, and the red marks are fading nicely. If things continue to go the way they are now, I'll be clear in no time. Very happy with the results so far! :)

MemberMember
(@ladybekah)

Posted : 10/29/2012 10:39 am

Day 9: I'm still only applying BP once a day. If I have a pimple or feel like one is forming, I will put BP on that area twice a day. So far, everything is going greattt. Everything has cleared, and the red marks are fading normally. Woo! :) I hope everything is going well for everyone else who is fighting acne.

MemberMember
(@ladybekah)

Posted : 10/31/2012 10:23 am

Day 11: I currently have one active pimple, but it's small and it doesn't hurt. The red marks are still fading, of course, but it's starting to look better.

Have a blessed day everyone. :)

MemberMember
(@ladybekah)

Posted : 11/02/2012 5:10 pm

I'm not going to post very much on my topic, since my acne is getting a lot better, and there isn't much new to say. All I have to say right now, is that I'm still using BP once a day, and plan on using it once a day. I figure, my skin is already clear (minus the red marks), and that if I use it twice a day it will be too harsh (using 5% BP).

MemberMember
(@ladybekah)

Posted : 11/12/2012 11:32 pm

Day 23: My skin is going good. I have one active right now, and that's it. :) My red marks are fading, but I feel like it's taking foreverr. I can't wait until my skin looks good without foundation. One day! <3 I just gotta be patient.

MemberMember
(@ladybekah)

Posted : 11/12/2012 11:52 pm

I'd also like to say that I haven't gotten one cyst since I've started the regimen, which I'm so happy about. I used to get few pimples, but cysts on my cheeks.

MemberMember
(@ladybekah)

Posted : 12/18/2012 10:01 am

It's time for an update!

My skin is better. I have no active pimples, and haven't for the last two weeks. I still have red marks from the beginning of the regimen, but they're getting better. I know in a few months I'll have perfect skin, so I'm content. :)

MemberMember
(@ladybekah)

Posted : 01/20/2013 9:44 pm

Tomorrow will be the 3 month mark of being on the regimen. It's crazy how fast time flies. I was hoping by this time I would be acne and red mark free, but I'm not. I am acne free, and have been for over a month. Yay! smile.png However, I still have red marks. I'm hoping by 6 months I will be completely clear.

MemberMember
(@abybar)

Posted : 01/20/2013 10:37 pm

Tomorrow will be the 3 month mark of being on the regimen. It's crazy how fast time flies. I was hoping by this time I would be acne and red mark free, but I'm not. I am acne free, and have been for over a month. Yay! smile.png However, I still have red marks. I'm hoping by 6 months I will be completely clear.

Hey ladybekah

I'm so happy that you've managed to stay acne free . It would appear that you and I started around the same time but I haven't been acne free. Although, my acne has reduced by a lot.

So cheers for our great improvements and for many more to come .

MemberMember
(@ladybekah)

Posted : 01/23/2013 10:31 pm

Hey ladybekah

I'm so happy that you've managed to stay acne free . It would appear that you and I started around the same time but I haven't been acne free. Although, my acne has reduced by a lot.

Thanks. :) I'm happy for you too. I'm sure you will be acne free in no time. How have your red marks been fading? Mine have been stubborn. They've been fading, but extremely slow.

MemberMember
(@abybar)

Posted : 01/24/2013 11:13 am

Hey ladybekah

Thanks. :) I'm happy for you too. I'm sure you will be acne free in no time. How have your red marks been fading? Mine have been stubborn. They've been fading, but extremely slow.

Actually mine are fading fairly quickly due to the AHA and the weekly glycolic peels I've been performing :)

MemberMember
(@ladybekah)

Posted : 01/24/2013 6:04 pm

That's good. :)

Maybe I should start using AHA.

MemberMember
(@abybar)

Posted : 01/24/2013 6:31 pm

That's good. :)

Maybe I should start using AHA.

You should . AHA does wonders to my skin . You would love it :)