Notifications
Clear all

What Is The Manufacturer Of Your Generic Spironolactone?

MemberMember
(@crab76)

Posted : 10/15/2012 8:54 pm

I'm just curious what kind of generic spiro everyone is taking. Can you guys check for me please????

If you just look at your bottle it should say what the manufacturer is. Example... mine says Spironolactone, then right below it says MFR Qualitest. That's what company makes the generic.

I had been getting mine from walgreens for many many years which is Mylan brand. I NEVER had any oil or breakouts. My skin was super clear. The last few months I've been filling it at CVS which is Qualitest. Well it's not working now. My skin is an oil slick and a TON of Cysts. New ones every day. :(

So now I'm curious to see what brands you guys use.

thx soooo much!

MemberMember
(@crab76)

Posted : 10/31/2012 8:51 am

So I wanted to update this topic just in case there is anyone out there with the same problem I am having.

I did an experiment and I was RIGHT! All Generics are NOT created equal!!!

Re-cap. I took MYLAN brand spironolactone 100mg from Walgreens for 5 years. Within a week of taking this brand my oil dried up and skin was crystal clear within a month. No cysts for 5 years!

Moved and switched to CVS pharmacy. They gave me QUALITEST brand spironolactone. Took 100mg for a cpl months and then for other reasons I dropped my dose to 50mg and within 2 months my skin was terrible. I figured 50mg is too low for me and that if I bumped it back too 100mg I'd be clear again. Well that didn't happen. 4 solid months of Terrible OIL & CYSTS.

So a cpl wks back when I started this thread I searched thru my medicine cabnit and found an old bottle of MYLAN Brand Spiro. Same thing happend. By the 6th day my oil dried up. On day 7 I got a small cyst but it cleared without coming to a head like all my other ones. And by day 10 ALL and let me repeat ALL of my acne & cysts and oil is GONE! I'm 100% clear. My texture is changed back to what it was. Smooth, oil free, makeup stays on perfect all day. I am left with alot of red marks from healed cysts but I'm lucky and my skin heals quick.

CRAZY RIGHT?!?!

The only small problem I have now is that Walgreens now orders its generic from Amneal Pharmicuticals. So I just filled a script with them and am going to try it. They say it's a really good generic company. But they told me if it doesn't work they would special order the Mylan brand.

Hope this info is helpful to anyone who's spiro isn't working. Maybe worth a try to switch the generic manufacturer. :)

Just did a google search .... Amneal vs Mylan and this thread popped up. This girl was talking abt the same thing. Interesting!

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php/topic/304233-which-manufacturer-of-spiro-works-the-best/