Notifications
Clear all

Blurred Vision In One Eye?

MemberMember
(@bobby-stephenson)

Posted : 10/15/2012 3:17 pm

Hello,

My right eye seems a bit blurry. When I test my vision my left eye is very sharp at 20/20 but my right eye cannot see as far/accurately. Anyone else getting this? I don't know if it's because I spend too much time on the computer or because I haven't been sleeping much due to not carring about my skin on accutane. I'm going to limit my computer time and sleep earlier along with using eye drops even though it doesn't feel dry. But let me know if you also have this and what you're doing about it thanks.

Dermatologist says I was OK. Optometrist says my tear composition is being affected by accutane and dries more quickly. I have to use over the counter eye drops 4 times a day, blink more or buy computer glasses.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 10/15/2012 4:54 pm

hmm, can't say for sure. If it persists, i would definitely recommend you stop for a few days and call your derm.

MemberMember
(@katylou)

Posted : 10/16/2012 7:27 am

If it carries on I would go and see someone about it - I had slightly blurred vision and when I went to the optician, they said I had something called Meibomian Gland Dysfunction, which is when the oil glands in your eyelids dry up and don't produce enough oil. My eyes didn't feel dry at the time but they did later on and still do now,..then again it might just be eye strain from using a computer too much.

MemberMember
(@bobby-stephenson)

Posted : 10/16/2012 10:58 am

If it carries on I would go and see someone about it - I had slightly blurred vision and when I went to the optician, they said I had something called Meibomian Gland Dysfunction, which is when the oil glands in your eyelids dry up and don't produce enough oil. My eyes didn't feel dry at the time but they did later on and still do now,..then again it might just be eye strain from using a computer too much.

Did you have to stop accutane after that? And was your vision blurred in one or both eyes?

MemberMember
(@katylou)

Posted : 10/17/2012 4:05 am

No, I ended up staying on it for about a month and a half after that. The optometrist I saw said it wasn't a major problem, I just needed to use a heated eye bag to unblock the oil glands. I still have problems with dry eyes now though and occasionally get slightly blurry vision but the eye bag seems to help..what has your dermatologist said?

MemberMember
(@bobby-stephenson)

Posted : 10/17/2012 11:59 am

No, I ended up staying on it for about a month and a half after that. The optometrist I saw said it wasn't a major problem, I just needed to use a heated eye bag to unblock the oil glands. I still have problems with dry eyes now though and occasionally get slightly blurry vision but the eye bag seems to help..what has your dermatologist said?

I haven't talked to her because i dont' want to stop Accutane. I guess I'll wait one or two more days.

MemberMember
(@bobby-stephenson)

Posted : 10/17/2012 5:16 pm

I know I hate it when I Google my problems and see a post about it but no one updates. So for anyone concerned, my dermatologist says it has nothing to do with Accutane but I do need to go see an optometrist because it sounds like near/farsightedness and I will probably need glasses even though I'm only 27 fml.

MemberMember
(@clambak3)

Posted : 10/17/2012 5:32 pm

Hello,

My right eye seems a bit blurry. When I test my vision my left eye is very sharp at 20/20 but my right eye cannot see as far/accurately. Anyone else getting this? I don't know if it's because I spend too much time on the computer or because I haven't been sleeping much due to not carring about my skin on accutane. I'm going to limit my computer time and sleep earlier along with using eye drops even though it doesn't feel dry. But let me know if you also have this and what you're doing about it thanks.

Actually I've had 20/15 vision for as long as I can remember and this topic really jumped out at me because I have the same thing. With the same eye. It's just blurred for a moment or sometimes a lot longer. :\ I used to go tanning in beds without eye protection a few times and I thought that may have something to do with it but find it strange that it's just the one eye.

I don't use Accutane or anything like that and we might be having two completely different reactions but idk. May just need glasses all of a sudden. Happens to a lot of people.

MemberMember
(@shadylee)

Posted : 10/17/2012 5:38 pm

hiya nb.. if it persists, please go see opthamologist..i unfortunately had to come off accutane due to eye problems..it has been heartbreaking...but my symptoms were different from yours, so please dont take it in a scary way..its just that your eyes are so important ..sometimes derms dont know the whole function of the eye..its just very important to go see the correct dr..so as your derm said..go see opthamologist, just so you know whats going on, and for your own well being...

MemberMember
(@bobby-stephenson)

Posted : 10/20/2012 12:46 pm

Dermatologist says I was OK. Optometrist says my tear composition is being affected by accutane and dries more quickly. I have to use over the counter eye drops 4 times a day, blink more or buy computer glasses.

Continuing with accutane!

MemberMember
(@lia-rae)

Posted : 11/04/2012 10:09 pm

I'm glad you figured out what it was... Years ago I tried accutane but the side effects were too much for me, since I don't have severe or cystic acne.

I hope you keep seeing good results! :-)