Notifications
Clear all

How Do You Feel When You See Others With Acne?

MemberMember
(@rorschach)

Posted : 10/15/2012 1:37 pm

Do you feel an unspoken kinship?

(Also go to hell skinnytroll).

MemberMember
(@matt-f)

Posted : 10/15/2012 2:35 pm

I always catch myself inspecting people's skin but I don't usually feel anything unless it's really bad then I feel sorry for them.

Murph89 liked
MemberMember
(@mjri94)

Posted : 10/15/2012 5:07 pm

I don't notice people with bad skin much these days, my skin is 90% clear at the minute (only due to antibiotics, it will come back sure enough) but when I do I just think 'if only you knew...' that I know EXACTLY how it feels. Its hell.

MemberMember
(@randall-flagg)

Posted : 10/15/2012 7:01 pm

I definitely feel a sense of kinship...and safety. I feel like I know I could befriend that person and they would understand my struggle, so I could really be myself around that person and not put my usual walls up. When I see strangers with acne I feel for them, it's like seeing a member of my own "tribe" out and about.

MemberMember
(@lightersup)

Posted : 10/16/2012 12:53 am

I feel a connection to some people with mild acne. But there's others who have a very cold aura around them and I just don't wanna be close to that. On the other side of the spectrum, there's others with obvious acne who are TOO outgoing and cheery. I feel uncomfortable around them as well.

Murph89 liked
MemberMember
(@sum1killme)

Posted : 10/17/2012 10:45 pm

I never see a damn body whith acne. I feel like I'm the only idiot walkin about with a fucked up face.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 11/03/2012 8:47 pm

I definitely feel a sense of kinship...and safety. I feel like I know I could befriend that person and they would understand my struggle, so I could really be myself around that person and not put my usual walls up. When I see strangers with acne I feel for them, it's like seeing a member of my own "tribe" out and about.

basically same here.. i think to myself "oh theres one of my people!" lol i feel like if i talked to them we'd automatically become bffs or something eusa_shifty.gif

MemberMember
(@ind1g0)

Posted : 11/03/2012 10:26 pm

Actually- I feel anger and insecurity because they remind me of myself and I usually don't want anything to do with them

MemberMember
(@adhpn7)

Posted : 11/04/2012 1:26 am

i feel relieved. usually i NEVER see others with acne or skin problems, but when I see someone, it's like 'thank you! i'm not the only chick with acne'.

MemberMember
(@lady_c)

Posted : 11/04/2012 5:06 am

I definitely feel a sense of kinship to them and I'm guilty of comparing my skin to their's. I also observe their personality, are they outgoing or embarrassed about their acne? that's the sort of thing that goes through my mind.

MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 11/04/2012 9:15 am

I feel a deep sense of compassion for them, sometimes to the point where I just want to begin crying because I know their pain so very well. Other times I feel relieved.

A few weeks ago I was going to a rave and while we were getting in the gates the girl who was selling us the tickets had pretty bad acne... I had actually been sad that morning, feeling like I was going to be ugly compared to all the cute little clear-skinned raver girls. But the girl with acne was a raver too and despite her skin she was friendly and smiling. It made me relax about my own skin and realize that no one cares and that raves are all about music and dancing--not looking perfect. So seeing her really helped me have fun at the party.

MemberMember
(@ericgaults)

Posted : 11/04/2012 12:28 pm

If I see someone who has acne, sometime I would feel guilty to myself especially I will compare. I know comparing is not a good habit, but glad to say I can control that certain thing.

MemberMember
(@loladiamonds)

Posted : 11/04/2012 4:14 pm

I definitely feel a sense of kinship to them and I'm guilty of comparing my skin to their's. I also observe their personality, are they outgoing or embarrassed about their acne? that's the sort of thing that goes through my mind.

I think the exact same thing. I'm definitely the type who doesn't make eye-contact, shy, etc. But when I'm in a public place with friends and I spot an acne-prone person having a ball and being themselves, it makes me really want to be my old self again. It's just tough around people you don't know who look "better" in a sense.

MemberMember
(@electric-lady)

Posted : 11/04/2012 4:52 pm

definitely...... compassion!!!!... lol..... for the other person and myself (probably why this site has helped me so much when i've been at my lowest with acne)

also, realizing that it's not a personal thing..... i don't think there is such a thing as "evil acne".... it's just happens..... like everything else in life.

i think it's healing to see others go through the same things we go through in life.... great opportunities to see ourselves :)