Notifications
Clear all

Bp Makes My Red Marks Stay Longer?

MemberMember
(@kekamarie)

Posted : 10/15/2012 12:04 pm

I have heard that BP makes red marks last longer an look darker. Should I ditch the BP and try to find a different acne treatment? Or should I stick with BP and hope my marks fade?

MemberMember
(@pinkpugsy)

Posted : 10/15/2012 12:49 pm

BP absolutely does make red marks last longer. BP generates free radicals on the skin, similar to what happens when you're out in the sun without any SPF. Free radicals slow the healing process of any injury, including the red marks left over from acne. I would assume they will eventually fade in time even with BP usage, but I personally don't think BP is all that this site touts it to be. It's really not that good for your body.

MemberMember
(@kekamarie)

Posted : 10/15/2012 5:20 pm

Do you know what is good to use to keep new acne from forming then? I'm defiantly going to stop using the BP I want my red marks to heal but I don't want new acne either.

MemberMember
(@twinsfan57)

Posted : 10/15/2012 5:47 pm

I had the same problem. Now I'm on tretinoin cream and it seems to be working alright.

MemberMember
(@kekamarie)

Posted : 10/15/2012 6:51 pm

I had the same problem. Now I'm on tretinoin cream and it seems to be working alright.

How long did it take for the marks to start fading after you stopped using BP?

MemberMember
(@twinsfan57)

Posted : 10/15/2012 7:34 pm

How long did it take for the marks to start fading after you stopped using BP?

Well I'm not exactly sure, but I remember having two large cysts that turned to dark marks. They lasted forever on bp, and I when i stopped, they went away pretty fast. Now, when i went off bp i broke out like crazy too so it's really your choice. Your skin really does get addicted to the stuff and I think it makes it harder for your skin to fight off acne naturally once you're off of it. That's just my two cents. I used the regimen for 4 months.

MemberMember
(@evazero89)

Posted : 10/15/2012 10:39 pm

From my own experience, I used Dan's BP for 6 weeks and I noticed my acne marks don't fade away and they turn darker in color.

I ditched it 4 months ago and I tried to use lemon juice, aloe vera, apple cider vinegar on my face but they did not seem to work.

Then I started using 40% lactic acid peels two times a week for five weeks and it lightened my acne marks a bit.

I am currently using TCA 12.5% because I heard many people have success with it even their acne marks were very stubborn.

Hope this helps.

MemberMember
(@tootsler)

Posted : 10/15/2012 11:03 pm

I'm dabbing ACV on my red spots (actually, my entire face) 3x a day. I think it helps the red marks fade. I also have melasma (joy) and I think it's helping. The one other thing I am taking which may be helping with fading is Glutathione.

MemberMember
(@linali26)

Posted : 10/15/2012 11:39 pm

For you guys that stopped the BP, what do you use? How come Dan's skin looks so clear, no red marks. His regimen helped me so much with my breakouts. Yes i still have acne marks but they look like they are fadin. I only use the BP every other night. Could it be possible that the BP or moisturizer(since it has jojoba in it) is helping my marks. Or am i just crazy, lol. Any one had success with red marks fading with bp,moisturizer?

MemberMember
(@evazero89)

Posted : 10/16/2012 2:01 pm

For you guys that stopped the BP, what do you use? How come Dan's skin looks so clear, no red marks. His regimen helped me so much with my breakouts. Yes i still have acne marks but they look like they are fadin. I only use the BP every other night. Could it be possible that the BP or moisturizer(since it has jojoba in it) is helping my marks. Or am i just crazy, lol. Any one had success with red marks fading with bp,moisturizer?

In this forum, I have seen many people saying BP make their red marks last longer and some people saying their red marks still fade while using BP.

For me, it prolonged my red marks and turned them darker. If your red marks look like they are fading then maybe BP does not affect your red marks.

I would say 40% lactic acid peels keep my breakout in control and it also helps a bit with my dark marks caused by BP.

MemberMember
(@linali26)

Posted : 10/16/2012 2:52 pm

Oh I see. Thank you. I was confused a bit.

MemberMember
(@kekamarie)

Posted : 10/16/2012 7:18 pm

I'm using lemon juice and aloe Vera and my marks are fading. I'm hoping that now that I'm off BP they will heal fast since no matter what kind of makeup I use my marks still appear and look even worse. I'm using some other over the counter acne methods I hope those will help keep the acne away especially since the BP wasn't doing much in that aspect anyway.