Notifications
Clear all

Accutane And Breaking Out So Bad (Pics)

MemberMember
(@juicelittle)

Posted : 10/15/2012 9:01 am

Hey everyone, im new around here. I'm Eline, uni student, 20 yrs old, female, 5'6 and 103 pounds

I just started using accutane 27days ago, at first, i took 10 mg for 10 days, then up to 20mg bout a week, and now 40mg per day. My acne is mild before treatment, with just some little whitehead pimples on my cheeks, i have IB very soon, just 2-3 days after take accutane.

The side effects: dry lips, hair loss, depression ( i used to hold a knife on my arm for hours, cried a lot and think bout suicide), Really exhausted, i was off school for 3 weeks, just stay at home and have problem looking people in the eyes

I ve taken Accutane once before, just in 2 months with no IB, the acne was gone, my skin got clearly very fast. Im very worry now, dont know why i have this bad breakout . Its almost a month and no sign of decrease at all ( I'm using zinc 45mg/ED, 1000mg C include). The acne seems to be exist forever, just more and more day by day. i feel a bit regret bout taking this medicine sad.png, i ve ever had acne this bad before

1,5 month ago ( no make up, just eyeliner)

/IMG_4765.jpg

NOW - HORRIBLE

left

http://IMG_5991.jpg

right

[url=http://IMG_5990.jpg]http://

MemberMember
(@prodigy304)

Posted : 10/15/2012 9:29 am

Ok your a beautiful girl, I know the break outs bad but you've only been on the drug for a month, i've told myself not to expect any improvement till month 3, that way I wont be to upset if i dont see quick improvement.

But how bad is the hair loss, are you washing your hair a lot, using hot styling tools?

MemberMember
(@juicelittle)

Posted : 10/15/2012 10:26 am

Ok your a beautiful girl, I know the break outs bad but you've only been on the drug for a month, i've told myself not to expect any improvement till month 3, that way I wont be to upset if i dont see quick improvement.

But how bad is the hair loss, are you washing your hair a lot, using hot styling tools?

i wash my hair once 2 day, no stretching, no drying.

MemberMember
(@andrewbleah)

Posted : 10/15/2012 10:29 am

That's what happen to me dear , my acne wasn't mild at the beginning but wasn't severe cystic either , I started and after 18 days but my face got sooo bad , my derm get me off for 2 weeks and put me on pred and antibiotcs, it's normal for this to happen , I was lucky it was summer time so I spend my time in house, dun woory it will pass , though it will leave red marks, but I notice that the red marks from the IB tent to fade quicker than the rest , I also ordered

Intese gel R-ALA ( so excited ) , umm what I can recommed to you , stick with it !!!!!

Ah and try to use green stuff(like the primer from MUFE it's expensive but worth it , and mabye a green concealer )

Take care of yourself!

MemberMember
(@prodigy304)

Posted : 10/15/2012 10:49 am

i wash my hair once 2 day, no stretching, no drying.

Have you tried leaving it for say a week? I know it sounds gross but I know people on accutane who were washing they're hair every 10 days, and it still wasn't greasy.

MemberMember
(@juicelittle)

Posted : 10/15/2012 10:58 am

That's what happen to me dear , my acne wasn't mild at the beginning but wasn't severe cystic either , I started and after 18 days but my face got sooo bad , my derm get me off for 2 weeks and put me on pred and antibiotcs, it's normal for this to happen , I was lucky it was summer time so I spend my time in house, dun woory it will pass , though it will leave red marks, but I notice that the red marks from the IB tent to fade quicker than the rest , I also ordered

Intese gel R-ALA ( so excited ) , umm what I can recommed to you , stick with it !!!!!

Ah and try to use green stuff(like the primer from MUFE it's expensive but worth it , and mabye a green concealer )

Take care of yourself!

hey how is your skin now? you said you have to off accutane for 2 weeks, how bout now? Are you back in the progress? my derm said i shouldnt put make up while taking accutane, it can make the acne worse. And im using AVON cleanser with salicylic acid ( and i think this could be the reason makes me even worse), i ve decided to stop using it, and Aloe vera moisture cream

MemberMember
(@andrewbleah)

Posted : 10/15/2012 12:21 pm

I don't see how water-base make-up could make ur acne worse , just don't buy make up from an unkonwed brand , sure everyone heard about AVON but in my opinion , that cleanser is way to rough for you , the most rated cleanser is Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser, I recommend a rich moisturize I like the CeraVe cream.

I stoped for 2 weeks back in summer , now my skin is 95% clear , but I have all these red marks from the IB , they are fading ,but slowly

Ok now as for the make up , there are good brands out there that have a big rate of breaking you out , (ex . MAC), if you still think that make up could make ur acne worse, then I suggest you go for something more...umm light?Tinted moisutirze,BB Cream.

Sure that's just my opinion if you have any furture questions , feel free to ask.

Umm I just re-read ur blog , and bout' that part with depression , I think everyone has sad/happy moments , but I also know that sometimes sad people express their sadness with suicide,cutting theirself , in my opinion that's wrong cuz' , those moments are temporary , always think twice before you do something in those moments, about those suicide thoughs , don't , it's not worth it .

There is a girl , called Amanda Todd may she rest in peace ,she was only 15 and he commit suicide , watch her story on google/youtube if you like , it may make you feel better.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 10/15/2012 5:32 pm

Keep your head up girl. I just started today and i am worried about getting a major IB but i know worrying about what might happen helps me in no way, shape or form.

You'll get clear soon enough. As for skincare - keep it non medicated and gentle as accutane is going to be drying the hell out of your skin if it has not done so already. Also, try to drink lots of water , eat healthier and help your body out whenever possible.

Keep your head up as we are all in this together.

As for hair loss - watch and see how it progresses - you may want to look into supplements like biotin for that (though be aware it makes acne worse for some people).

MemberMember
(@juicelittle)

Posted : 10/16/2012 8:02 am

thanks everyone, i feel much better today ( the acne doesnt change much but at least my mood goes up). Its too soon to see the improvement of accutane, so i should stop complaining bout my acne again

ahh btw i m just starting using cataphil this morning, i love it.

well, end of day 29, Beauty, im on my wayyyy :P

MemberMember
(@andrewbleah)

Posted : 10/16/2012 8:26 am

Lol I should be a psychiatrist.

MemberMember
(@prodigy304)

Posted : 10/16/2012 9:23 am

As for hair loss - watch and see how it progresses - you may want to look into supplements like biotin for that (though be aware it makes acne worse for some people).

Um what? :(

So hair loss will definitely get worse? I thought you could prevent it by washing and styling your hair less? How bad was your hair loss the first time you went on accutane? I dont want to lose my hair, having crappy skin I can just about take but not crap hair too!!

MemberMember
(@juicelittle)

Posted : 10/16/2012 10:49 am

Lol I should be a psychiatrist.

Um what? sad.png

So hair loss will definitely get worse? I thought you could prevent it by washing and styling your hair less? How bad was your hair loss the first time you went on accutane? I dont want to lose my hair, having crappy skin I can just about take but not crap hair too!!

haha you are doing good An. remember to keep us updating pls, and could you take some pics of you now too? tongue.png, it will help me a lottt

hmm bout hair loss, dont worry, my hair is still strong and still have nothing to worry too much, though i lost more hair than usual

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 10/16/2012 6:23 pm

Um what? sad.png

I didn't experience hair loss on either my first or second course but i know people who have. It can get worse but it all depends on your body and how accutance interacts with it. Biotin can help though. If you notice that your hair i shedding excessively then obviously stop taking accutane and call your derm.

MemberMember
(@smoothtofu)

Posted : 10/16/2012 6:44 pm

Good luck! You already looked great before so I can't imagine how it'll be after you're done smile.png

MemberMember
(@wavy)

Posted : 10/26/2012 8:45 pm

why were you prescribed accutane if you had verrrrrry mild acne?

MemberMember
(@insonia)

Posted : 10/27/2012 3:23 am

You mentioned that you took accutane before.. For 2 months only?

We are on the same boat! Lets get through this!!!!

MemberMember
(@aminal)

Posted : 10/27/2012 3:43 am

why were you prescribed accutane if you had verrrrrry mild acne?

Accutane is prescribed for both very severe acne, and also (sometimes) mild acne that doesn't respond well to other treatments.

MemberMember
(@juicelittle)

Posted : 10/28/2012 1:37 am

You mentioned that you took accutane before.. For 2 months only?

We are on the same boat! Lets get through this!!!!

this is my second round on tane, i took it a few years ago ( i dont rem when exactly), and after 2 months or so stuck on tane, i was totally clear, with light side effects, no breakouts, i took for 14 weeks

# UPDATE - DAY 40

hey guys, so im on tane over 1 month. just went to see my doc last wednesday, still take 20mg/ twice a day, and she put me on BP 10% too. This is what i use for my sensitive skin now:

Morning :

- cetaphil cleanser

- cetaphil moiturizer for face, aloe vera gel for body

- Vitamin C 1000mg after breakfast ( just once a day)- helps clear up the red marks much faster, prevent the formation of cystic

Night:

- mask honey and lemon juice 30 mins before sleep ( 4 times a week)

- cetaphil cleanser

- BP 10% gel

still breakouts...but not so bad, if you have cystic or nodules, i suggest you do the same, BP really works for me, so does the lemon mask, its so amazing, my skin is much softener, hope it will be better the next few days

Side effects: you all know, nothing s new, dry everything, lips, skin, eyes, nose bla bla. but i still can handle those, beauty, here i come yay yay

p/s: we have to stop, ACNE. i havent ever had feelings for you, sorry loll

here is some pics

right

IMG_6011.jpg

left

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd86/tran_thanh_tung/IMG_6010.jp g"]IMG_6010.jpg

MemberMember
(@insonia)

Posted : 10/28/2012 2:53 am

Appears that your skin is getting better! Don't lose heart. The BP seems to expedite the progress

MemberMember
(@juicelittle)

Posted : 10/31/2012 12:36 am

Appears that your skin is getting better! Don't lose heart. The BP seems to expedite the progress

tks dear, BP is great, except it makes my skin peels too much, or maybe i use too high percent? but i told myself just be patient, give tane and bp time to work.

btw, im thinking bout using Diane 35 while on accutane, will ask the doc in next appointment. any suggest? experience? should i?

MemberMember
(@insonia)

Posted : 10/31/2012 12:40 am

tks dear, BP is great, except it makes my skin peels too much, or maybe i use too high percent? but i told myself just be patient, give tane and bp time to work.

btw, im thinking bout using Diane 35 while on accutane, will ask the doc in next appointment. any suggest? experience? should i?

Just use a thin layer of the BP will do. Nope, i have no experience in taking contraceptive pills while on accutane. This is my first time taking accutane and hopefully my last time. *Fingers crossed*

Yes, do consult your doc in your next appointment. Find out the side effects etc. I do see that you are improving...:)

MemberMember
(@juicelittle)

Posted : 10/31/2012 12:46 am

yeap, tks God, i didnt get any new zits in this 2 days, how are you girl? your skin is the way so amazing ( getting jealous here), do you use anything while on accutane. Seems that you just had very mild acne before starting tane, ya? did you get any breakouts?

MemberMember
(@insonia)

Posted : 10/31/2012 1:24 am

yeap, tks God, i didnt get any new zits in this 2 days, how are you girl? your skin is the way so amazing ( getting jealous here), do you use anything while on accutane. Seems that you just had very mild acne before starting tane, ya? did you get any breakouts?

Yup, I got breakouts concentrated on my forehead, chin and a few red spots on my cheeks. Daytime I will use Dalacin T, night will use differin. My doc's instructions. Use a thin layer daily. However, I got red glaring spots and red face, which makes me feel low most of the time.

MemberMember
(@andrewbleah)

Posted : 11/01/2012 6:02 am

Yup, I got breakouts concentrated on my forehead, chin and a few red spots on my cheeks. Daytime I will use Dalacin T, night will use differin. My doc's instructions. Use a thin layer daily. However, I got red glaring spots and red face, which makes me feel low most of the time.

Can I use Differin on accutane?

MemberMember
(@insonia)

Posted : 11/01/2012 6:19 am

Can I use Differin on accutane?

Should be ok. I apply daily for a month, hoping this will lighten the scars/blemishes. So far, progress is very slow.. Do apply pea sized, small amounts as its exfoliating.